PDA

View Full Version : Open Sky Raid - Sunday ~8-9 PM EST

Eabon
02-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Hey there,

This Sunday, starting between 8 and 9 PM EST, I'm going to be putting on an open Sky raid. Given that we're going to be crawling from isle to isle we will be able to take a maximum of only 24 people who don't already have key sets on corpses in Sky, however we'll be able to take an unlimited number of people who already have a key corpse in Sky to use. The primary raid goal is simply to make it onto Isle 5 and farm several Lords while we find our footing; the secondary goal is to take out the Isle 6 boss and progress up to 7. At no point will we be trivialising the zone with charmed pets, and especially not with Sirran.

This raid (which with a little luck may become a weekly sort of a thing) has two main drives or purposes. Firstly, it will provide a great opportunity for people from different guilds who otherwise wouldn't get much of a chance to hang out and raid with one another to kill stuff together. Cooperation and teamwork is something that the server has been severely lacking for a very long time, and this is a rather simple way to inject a little bit back into the community. Secondly, a well-executed open Sky raid is something that has never happened on this server before, and will therefore be novel and exciting. Killing the Bixie Boss on 6 with a raid full of people from disparate guilds, and w/o trivialising it w/ Sirran, should be a fun challenge.

For those who wish to attend
Given that interest for the raid might easily exceed the number of people that we can fit, and in order to keep things organised on the night, everybody who's interested in joining the open Sky raid should please send me a PM listing their in-game character name, their class, their level, and the likelihood that they'll be able to make the raid on the night. Those who will have a key corpse in the zone to use on the night should state that also. If we get more people interested in coming along than we have space for, I would then have to make executive decisions on the basis of class and level (preference to those over 55).

Loot rules will be as follows:
(i) Boss Drops and No Drops
All No Drop/Boss mob quest items that are contended for by more than one person will be rolled on, /ran 100. After having won an item that was contended for by at least one person (i.e., it was not going to rot otherwise), that person will not be permitted to contend for any further items, and will only be allowed to loot another item if that item was otherwise going to rot.

(ii) Droppables
All trash droppables will be master-looted and collected by several pre-assigned people. At the end of the raid each master-looter will link in an open channel every droppable that they looted so that the entire raid can see. Those people who already have the No Drop piece for a particular quest (either from earlier in the raid, or from another raid entirely) will then have the opportunity to claim any droppables that go with that same quest. Once all those who already have a No Drop item have claimed any required droppables, the rest of the raid (who do not already have a No Drop) will then have the chance to claim any remaining droppables.

Just a few little notes in closing...
# Although this will be an open raid, Sky is a relatively technically difficult zone (compared to others), and so for this first open raid those who already have some experience in the zone will be preferred, in order to ensure the raid's smoothness.
# Preference will be given to those who have PMed me ahead of time (according to the instructions above!) as opposed to people who just show up unannounced on the night.
# As already mentioned, if this first raid is successful and everybody enjoys it then there's a real possibility that these open Sky raids might become a weekly thing

# These raids will have absolutely nothing to do with TMO besides the fact that the person leading it, and a few of those attending, happen to be members. I am not organising these raids as part of, or on behalf of, the TMO leadership; I have absolutely nothing to do with the current TMO leadership, and these open raids will be entirely independent from the TMO leadership. They should not be interpreted as some sort of positive representation or reflection upon TMO. They are simply going to take place because one guy and a few of his friends think that open Sky raids might be a pretty good thing for the server as a whole.

Chloroform
02-15-2013, 12:57 AM
woot! i am looking forward to raiding with you all that are willing to participate. This gathering will be good times and tough kills.

Kevynne
02-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Can't wait!! Hope I get accepted :D

Chloroform
02-15-2013, 01:05 AM
# Although this will be an open raid, Sky is a relatively technically difficult zone (compared to others), and so for this first open raid those who already have some experience in the zone will be preferred, in order to ensure the raid's smoothness.
# Preference will be given to those who have PMed me ahead of time (according to the instructions above!) as opposed to people who just show up unannounced on the night.

Kevynne
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Already done ;)

Autotune
02-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Eabon is a great leader with a sexy voice, great things will happen.

khanable
02-15-2013, 01:16 AM
I hope this turns into a regular thing. Bogged down with school and a few levels short, but I'd love to attend these in the future.

Eabon is a cool dude, if anyone is going to throw together a successful pick up raid it's him.

Good luck to all who attend!

Nordenwatch
02-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Question: if you are in the middle of the sky raid and a contested raid mob spawns, will all TMO members leave the raid?

joppykid
02-15-2013, 02:45 AM
P99's version of A Shorty from Tunare!

Eabon
02-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Question: if you are in the middle of the sky raid and a contested raid mob spawns, will all TMO members leave the raid?

I can't speak for anybody other than myself, but I certainly am not going to abandon a raid that I spent literally weeks putting together just for some contested raid mob.

Jetlag
02-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Eabon, although I don't know you and I am new to the server...Wanted to say THANK YOU. It's very nice to see you taking your personal time out to organize this. I hope they will still be running by the time I'm high enough to attend.
In the meantime, I wish you a smooth and successful raid.

CanadianTSi
02-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Eabon is a great leader with a sexy voice, great things will happen.
X2

India
02-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm going to wear my "I Love Warriors" shirt during this sky raid

Zaruk
02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
I am living in Europe so i wont be able to attend, but i want to say thank you for organizing this event.

Muchew
02-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Sounds fun, count me in.

phobus
02-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Awesome! I won't be able to make it, but wish you all the best of luck and hope this takes off. Sky is cool. Eabon is cool.

stonebeard22
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
P99's version of A Shorty from Tunare!

Oh man the days of Ashorty. My favorite gnome enchanter in the world, other than myself and he got things done on his raids!

Eabon seems like someone that can make this raid happen! Hopefully you get a good mix of classes and people wanting to do this. =)

zanderklocke
02-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I will be there.

Sckrilla
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
If anyone knows how to Sky, it's Eabon!

Chloroform
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM

answer: :eek::eek: no :eek::eek:

Kevynne
02-15-2013, 06:44 PM
big chells shall represent Blackout at this momentous occasion.

joppykid
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
answer: :eek::eek: no :eek::eek:

Blaz!! Come on now, ain't nobody got time to highlight Zartox's name because it's so yellow you can't read it!!

quido
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Eabon I want a free Silken Strands or I'm going to come shit on your raid like you wouldn't believe. DONT YOU EFFIN TRY ME GUY

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm down to come help on whichever of my characters that would be the most useful. Ill send you a pm when I get home from work. Would be fun to get two of p99s most heroic halflings on the same raid. I've always thought p99 could use a bit more cross-guild activities.

I remember about a year ago my guild at the time planned a guild pvp event in the arena. After an hour sirken showed up followed by about 200 other players. He turned half of us into giant nightmares and the other half into unicorns, then a massive battle erupted. It was probably one of my most fond eq memories and I think more events like this would benefit the server greatly.

Anyways, ill be ready to roll for sky! Perhaps I will roll through with my band of merry vale folk to ensure a succesful and bountiful run.

Kevynne
02-16-2013, 03:45 PM
I remember about a year ago my guild at the time planned a guild pvp event in the arena. After an hour sirken showed up followed by about 200 other players. He turned half of us into giant nightmares and the other half into unicorns, then a massive battle erupted. It was probably one of my most fond eq memories and I think more events like this would benefit the server greatly.

i remember this! i remember just spanning ae stuns for a good 3minuets before getting rooted and ate by a wizard

Chloroform
02-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm down to come help on whichever of my characters that would be the most useful. Ill send you a pm when I get home from work. Would be fun to get two of p99s most heroic halflings on the same raid. I've always thought p99 could use a bit more cross-guild activities.

Anyways, ill be ready to roll for sky! Perhaps I will roll through with my band of merry vale folk to ensure a succesful and bountiful run.

it was bort, thank u bort

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/baja65/EQ000136_zps6a6245cd.png

Chloroform
02-16-2013, 06:07 PM
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/baja65/EQ000120_zpsf5dfce54.png

heartbrand
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I plan on downing protector of sky a couple hours before this raid to ensure massive grief. PM those who want to join in griefing this raid and making sure it doesn't happen.

Eabon
02-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I plan on downing protector of sky a couple hours before this raid to ensure massive grief. PM those who want to join in griefing this raid and making sure it doesn't happen.

I wish you the best of luck with your noble endeavours.

Hailto
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
So is my FE tag going to get me trained if i come?

Eabon
02-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm currently going through all the PMs I've received and responding to them. I'm sorry that this is happening a little late and a little bit close to the time of the raid, but I needed to wait long enough to ensure that everybody who was interested had a chance to contact me.

I'd just like to say thanks to everybody for their interest; there's been a very nice response. However, unfortunately we won't be able to take everybody, as there won't be enough keys to go around. So if you're somebody that we aren't able to fit, I'm very sorry, and please feel free to send me a PM/tell next time, if this open raid happens again.

Eabon
02-16-2013, 07:21 PM

I care absolutely zero what the tag over your head is. Everybody is welcome (space on the raid pending of course). No discrimination whatsoever against guildtags.
I have no idea who you are though.
If you're interested in joining us then please follow the instructions in my original post.

Thanks !

heartbrand
02-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks to all those who responded we have enough to down PoS several hours before and ensure this blue carebear raid does not occur.

Hailto
02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks to all those who responded we have enough to down PoS several hours before and ensure this blue carebear raid does not occur.

Don't you have some accounts to strip?

heartbrand
02-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Was there one in particular you were interested in?

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Was there one in particular you were interested in?

You know killing protector would only be a minor delay, right? Can easily drag ppl to 3 or 4. I hope ypu die in an auto accident though, or better yet just hope u get paralyzed and can't play eq anymore.

heartbrand
02-16-2013, 08:17 PM
o sum1 is MAD AS FUK

Chloroform
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM

certainly not! all are welcome with open arms

Boilon
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
You know killing protector would only be a minor delay, right? Can easily drag ppl to 3 or 4. I hope ypu die in an auto accident though, or better yet just hope u get paralyzed and can't play eq anymore.

i LOL'd so hard. mostly at the way that you chose that he should die. What's the respawn of PoS?

Chloroform
02-17-2013, 07:18 PM
bumpity bump bump

Chloroform
02-18-2013, 04:17 AM
super awesome raid guys! nearly killed bee boss with 29! cant wait till next week

Handull
02-18-2013, 04:22 AM
was great fun, thanks eabon.

edit for loots:
Gorg - monk/sk
KoS - rng/nec
2xSL - wiz/dru + wingblade
+many haste belts and other class drops

zanderklocke
02-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Eabon did a great job in executing this raid. Everyone that attended was very pleased. Eabon must be lucky because I received my first No-Drop Sky Piece, and this is probably my 10th trek through the plane of sky.

Eabon
02-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Thanks to all those who attended. The raid was a pretty great success. I'm just glad that we were able to gather together such a diversity of guilds, etc, and actually get something productive done.

As it turns out the raid ran very smoothly and very efficiently. With about 25-30 people, and having killed a griffin on Isle 1 before we began, we reached and cleared Isle 4 before the Keeper had spawned - after waiting for about 10 minutes the KoS spawned and promptly fell over dead.
And then after a little hiccup on Isle 5, two Lords fell over dead effortlessly.
And then the real fun began! And we actually got through the Wasp trash with minimal difficulty; I don't believe we had any deaths to the trash splits, and delays between the pulls were minimal.
In the end though, due to a few healing difficulties, ~30% was as low as we got the Bixie Boss on each attempt (with 28 or 29 people; no Sirran of course), which all things considered, isn't all that shabby.

Thanks again to everybody for showing up; you guys did a very good job following the highly classic /shout instructions. I'm not yet sure whether I'll try to put this on again next week, but it's a definite possibility. We wiped to the Bixie Boss both times for very silly and highly preventable reasons, and it would be nice to go up again and - if for nothing else - take it out with an open raid.

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 05:34 AM
i like this. i salute u

Clark
02-18-2013, 06:28 AM

:D lmao

Lyra
02-18-2013, 08:50 AM
i like this. i salute u

khanable
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
i like this. i salute u

Kevynne
02-18-2013, 10:03 AM
i like this. i salute u

whitebandit
03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Are these Raids still running? I would very much like to join in on the fun

Kevynne
03-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Yes.

Eabon
03-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Are these Raids still running? I would very much like to join in on the fun

Yes they are. Last Sunday was the fourth week I believe; just did a little Lord farm - count ended somewhere between 25 and 30.

However, I've stopped publicly advertising every single week, and that's because we now have a nice little group of people who like to come regularly. That isn't to say that these raids are closed off to people who aren't already in on them - they're not. If you're interested in joining us on any given week, or if you're interested in becoming a regular, get in contact with me (PM preferred as I'm not on a lot). It's just that - and as I've said in the past - I'm going to be pretty strict with the Lvl 55+ thing, with class balance, and also with max number at any given raid and in general. My ideal number for a Sky raid is 30, and I'm hesitant to ever get close to 40 or over.

Frieza_Prexus
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Eabs~

Have you considered doing a 24 man completely classic run? Invis up and actually key to each island, and no charming Sirran. It might take some research to get it just right on how to self restrict, (could bees be dazzeled, or did they take rapture?), but it could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Plus with crazy non-classic dps bee and eye, that'd be some serious bragging rights.

CanadianTSi
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
We never once have used sirran on any of these open raids and we took down the bee and eye a few weeks ago with around 24.

Kekephee
03-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Trying to level to 55 as fast as i can so I can get in on this

NOT LEVELING FAST ENOUGH

Eabon
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
We never once have used sirran on any of these open raids and we took down the bee and eye a few weeks ago with around 24.

Minor fact checking here!
Lowest numbers for the Bee Boss so far have been 32 or 33 or 34.
Lowest numbers for the Eye has been 23 for the actual fight; 2 DT takers.

Kevynne
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Bump! Yesterday's raid was amazing fun! Glad I could be there :)

Chloroform
04-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Bump! Yesterday's raid was amazing fun! Glad I could be there :)

agreed!

Kevynne
04-09-2013, 01:33 AM
agreed!

Breee why do you have 2 monks? :)