PDA

View Full Version : Account Rules Question

Caelan
02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey, I had a question regarding account rules that I could not find in the stickies. Hopefully I haven't just overlooked it somewhere.

I was wondering about the rules regarding having more than one account, not for two boxing, but rather the opposite- sharing a character with someone else. I have an RL friend with more limited play time but I'd still like to duo with them, so I had the thought of making an alt on one of the allotted side accounts so they could just hop on that. It initially didn't occur to me until recently that this might not be allowed, since it's still always one RL person per character.

So is there a general consensus on this? I've just been playing my chars myself, and it turns out I may just level with a different char with my friend, but I wanted to check about it.

zanderklocke
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
There is no rule against sharing a character/account with a friend. The rule of thumb is one character per person at a time. One person cannot control more than one character at once.

I would recommend putting all your characters on separate accounts. That way your resurrection timer won't tick down when on a different character.

Caelan
02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Okay, cool, that's a relief! I was afraid I'd in inadvertently broken a rule and would have to relevel my alt or something. Thanks for the info. Yeah, we are definitely only playing one char per human at a time, so no worries there.