PDA

View Full Version : Halfway through Verina Tomb's window...

Tecmos Deception
02-09-2013, 12:49 AM
http://s3.postimage.org/9tpz8zumr/EQ000384.png

At least this time it doesn't look like we'll end up with another:

http://s9.postimage.org/dio6csqnz/EQ000357.png

:rolleyes:

Boilon
02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
lol. I was doing some brick enchants for my DE cultural in 3rd gate with Raemius and I saw this poop sock fest. Couldn't believe my eyes!

Knuckle
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
i dont get it

Snagglepuss
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Good god! The sad part is even with Velious there won't be any way around this like there is with other bottleneck'd epics.

ArumTP
02-10-2013, 03:29 AM
All guilds that do ANYTHING have spys, news at 11

SamwiseRed
02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
could someone explain to me whats going on?

ArumTP
02-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Someone asked for help in another guild for enchanter epic. That guild announced that Verina was up in their guild chat. The spies heard that, they brought their people from their guilds to kill her.

Hard lessons to be learned never announce in guild chat that she is up.

Castigate
02-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm actually kind of shocked at this, in our conversation I'm pretty sure you congratulated me and I thought you seemed pretty nice about the whole thing. Now I find out that you've used it to attack me on the forums? I didn't do anything wrong here and it's really annoying to see my honesty with you getting turned around on me.

Ele
02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
sarcasm doesn't translate well in text :P

Splorf22
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
I think Tecmos is simply a little irritated that you got Verina without the requisite pain, like some kind of fraternity hazing ritual.

Also this is the kind of thing that irritates me about BDA. If some poor sop without many guildies on asks you for help and you take his mob, that's one of those grey zone moves. It's clearly within the rules, but it's not exactly nice either. Now we all expect this kind of thing from TMO, but BDA likes to act like they are this force for good against the evil of TMO when in reality they do so much of the same stuff, only less effectively. Like leapfrogging me in fear literally both times I've gone.

In contrast Divinity actually follows through on their play-nice attitude.

Tecmos Deception
02-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Someone asked for help in another guild for enchanter epic. That guild announced that Verina was up in their guild chat. The spies heard that, they brought their people from their guilds to kill her.

Hard lessons to be learned never announce in guild chat that she is up.

Put away the tinfoil hat. There were no spies involved. The persons in Europa and BDA that I offered to pay to help me with the fight simply told their guilds Verina was up, and then were nice and shady with me in tells instead of just telling me they couldn't help cause they were gonna come kill her for their own guildie or whatever :p

I'm actually kind of shocked at this, in our conversation I'm pretty sure you congratulated me and I thought you seemed pretty nice about the whole thing. Now I find out that you've used it to attack me on the forums? I didn't do anything wrong here and it's really annoying to see my honesty with you getting turned around on me.

I did not attack you. I did not accuse you of wrongdoing. I simply laughed bitterly to myself when you told me that you didn't even know why or how you were about to loot the hardest piece of the enchanter epic. I did congratulate you, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about the way you got the item (i.e. you got the item by you and your guild standing on my shoulders, rather than by any work of your own... or even blind luck).

Autotune
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I think Tecmos is simply a little irritated that you got Verina without the requisite pain, like some kind of fraternity hazing ritual.

Also this is the kind of thing that irritates me about BDA. If some poor sop without many guildies on asks you for help and you take his mob, that's one of those grey zone moves. It's clearly within the rules, but it's not exactly nice either. Now we all expect this kind of thing from TMO, but BDA likes to act like they are this force for good against the evil of TMO when in reality they do so much of the same stuff, only less effectively. Like leapfrogging me in fear literally both times I've gone.

In contrast Divinity actually follows through on their play-nice attitude.

Lol, I think you'd have had better luck sending a tell to TMO members for help. I'm also being serious, very few TMO members would do something like this (I think all the ones that would got their's early on anyhow lol)

Boilon
02-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Put away the tinfoil hat. There were no spies involved. The persons in Europa and BDA that I offered to pay to help me with the fight simply told their guilds Verina was up, and then were nice and shady with me in tells instead of just telling me they couldn't help cause they were gonna come kill her for their own guildie or whatever :p

Sorry explain this? There is barely any Europa Enchanters who even need epic anymore. All of our mains except one have this so I really doubt this was the case for us. Offer me some names otherwise though, cause this makes it sound like you're trying to slander us in some fashion (If this is your intention or not).

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Sorry explain this? There is barely any Europa Enchanters who even need epic anymore. All of our mains except one have this so I really doubt this was the case for us. Offer me some names otherwise though, cause this makes it sound like you're trying to slander us in some fashion (If this is your intention or not).

Ah, that was my mistake. I was quite sure that I remembered /telling a Europa member and asking for help with the fight, only for that person to end up backing out and then a Europa enchanter showing up in neriakc moments later trying to buy the loot rights. Looks like I only dealt with BDA in my logs, though.

My apologies. :(

Boilon
02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
No problem. I'm just trying to think of who that would even be, only of our higher level enchanters who don't have Verina is Sinadin, and usually isn't actively camping Verina a whole lot. Either way I was there sometime during that sock fest and it was vicious indeed. Feel free to send me a message if you need some help, I'm often around Neriak doing cultural smithing.

Tiggles
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Lol, I think you'd have had better luck sending a tell to TMO members for help. I'm also being serious, very few TMO members would do something like this (I think all the ones that would got their's early on anyhow lol)

This

No one in TMO would dick over a noncombative guild member for their 2nd alts epic.

Castigate
02-14-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm not an alt, in fact I haven't even been playing this for 2 months.
This is really the core of the problem I have here, rather than going after whoever you are claiming that you asked for help, or posting anything on that vein, you sent me a tell that looking back was probably designed just to be screencapped. I don't know how she was tracked, hell I didn't even request her. I'm still an app to this guild.
Laughing bitterly to yourself though really doesn't surprise me, lately I'm starting to believe it's this servers favorite hobby.

Clark
02-14-2013, 05:01 AM
hm

Sinadin
02-14-2013, 08:00 AM
it wasnt me:(

serious, its quite sad to see all the lowlevel rogues, shaman, clerics running around with epics they cant even use yet (the clicky I mean) and chanters get the shaft.

Verina isnt even hard to kill - its just plain annoying and in addition its classic, so its not gonna be changed with a future patch.

Tecmos Deception
02-14-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm still an app to this guild.

/sigh

India
02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not an alt, in fact I haven't even been playing this for 2 months.
This is really the core of the problem I have here, rather than going after whoever you are claiming that you asked for help, or posting anything on that vein, you sent me a tell that looking back was probably designed just to be screencapped. I don't know how she was tracked, hell I didn't even request her. I'm still an app to this guild.
Laughing bitterly to yourself though really doesn't surprise me, lately I'm starting to believe it's this servers favorite hobby.

I am honestly just curious about the underlined part. If you didn't request her, why would you be camping her? Or were you just in the zone at the time?

Also welcome to EQ (or welcome BACK to EQ :) )

Tecmos Deception
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
He wasn't camping her OR in the zone. I asked Auena for help with "an epic fight", offering to pay for her time. She wanted to know what mob and when, and after I told her, she told me she couldn't leave her group in seb. 10 minutes later, she and a handful of other BDA were in neriak killing Verina for Castigate.

Castigate: I asked you that question because I really wanted to know the answer. The fact that you didn't even know, however, when YOU were the one getting the piece, is what is so ridiculous to me. You're an app to your guild, you're level 55, you weren't asking for Verina, you weren't trying to get her, and even when you were in 3rd gate to kill her, you still didn't even know why or how that had come to pass. And then you got to loot her.

If you don't understand how this situation would be infuriating for me, or anyone else in my shoes, then I don't even know what else to say.

After that whole incident, seeing Verina being socked by a bunch of people from random guilds the next window exasperated me enough that I couldn't resist posting my screenshots of the ridiculousness that surrounds Verina Tomb.

Castigate
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Someone else in BDA was already tracking my epic progress. When Verina was announced in guildchat I actually said it was ok not to because I'm not a full member yet. I was told to get there ASAP. At the time I had just logged on and was in EC doing a couple jewelry enchants. I didn't realize it was this huge deal everyone is making out of itl so I actually finished up doing the enchants before running over. When I got there we wiped the first time and had to pull her twice because we didn't have the people in place at first. I'm pretty sure no one else even showed up during that whole time it took us to properly do the pull. I'm really appreciative to my guild for doing that for me and I'm pretty sure that's everything that happened.

Splorf22
02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Castigate, I really don't understand why you are upset about this. Tecmos is not mad at you, he is mad that a) when he asked a few random BDA guys for help killing verina, not only did they not do anything (which would be perfectly reasonable) they then brought an app and that b) you got verina tomb (arguably the hardest and most obnoxious part of the enchanter epic) without any work at all, while most have to make mules and constantly check or poopsock or whatever. It's a perfectly reasonable reaction and it is not directed at you.

What is being directed at you is utter bafflement at why you are making a big deal out of this.

Castigate
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm angry because ultimately I'm being used to reflect poorly on my guild, I've pretty much tried to avoid getting involved in any drama in p1999 and I seem to be getting tossed into it. Why wouldn't I be angry? I don't even think Auena was the one that announced Verina in guildchat.

Splorf22
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't worry about being used to reflect poorly on your guild, by now BDA has practically the worst rep on the server.

Metallikus
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
rep on this server is apparently quantifed by how many trolls you employ to defame your competition on these boards. if your competition makes one post, your trolls must make ten posts denying, deflecting, and derailing what they say in order to make the truth disappear or be rewritten.

Castigate, ignore Loraen. He is culpable as an employee of the tmo juggernaught when he sold his soul for vp loot rights in a deal with the devil. He is basically forced to post negatively in any BDA concerned thread by written contract.

India
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
rep on this server is apparently quantifed by how many trolls you employ to defame your competition on these boards. if your competition makes one post, your trolls must make ten posts denying, deflecting, and derailing what they say in order to make the truth disappear or be rewritten.

Castigate, ignore Loraen. He is culpable as an employee of the tmo juggernaught when he sold his soul for vp loot rights in a deal with the devil. He is basically forced to post negatively in any BDA concerned thread by written contract.

Or perhaps rep is defined by how you treat others. As of late BDA isn't doing so hot in that arena

Tiggles
02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm angry because ultimately I'm being used to reflect poorly on my guild, I've pretty much tried to avoid getting involved in any drama in p1999 and I seem to be getting tossed into it. Why wouldn't I be angry? I don't even think Auena was the one that announced Verina in guildchat.

I wouldn't worry about being used to reflect poorly on your guild, by now BDA has practically the worst rep on the server.

Way to go castigate

Tierael
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Loraen, I'm letting you know right now that as a new player within the past 2 months, I've looked forward to your solo challenges / duo challenges. I like them and find them creative and look forward to sharing those.

But I'm puttin my 2 cents in about BDA for any other new players looking for other opinions on them. I looked forward to applying for a couple of months because of how helpful random members were to me and other newbs I level'd with over the course of my P99 experience so far. They are nothing but helpful and polite.

The problem here I'm noticing after reading RnF for that whole leveling process so far, is that all rare mobs and all raid encounters are simply cut throat. There are rules in place, follow them. If you don't have thick enough skin to handle it and dust things off as a bad experience, then at least stop trying to smear your bad attitude across a server already filled with enough of it.

P.S. Trains happen. It's part of EQ. Just enjoy the game.

Splorf22
02-14-2013, 05:58 PM
BDA are nothing but helpful and polite.

If you don't have thick enough skin to handle it and dust things off as a bad experience, then at least stop trying to smear your bad attitude across a server already filled with enough of it.

I don't want this to turn into RnF but did you actually read my thread about my recent interactions with your leaders Chest and Sadad? Would you seriously call that helpful and polite?

Anyway if your attitude is 'raid mobs are scarce, we do whatever it takes, sometimes shit will happen' then I don't have a problem with that. That was IBs attitude, that is TMOs attitude. FEs attitude. But you can't have that attitude and claim to be this great casual guild who is helpful and polite to everyone and the great shining light against the evil of TMO. We know what that is like, because that guild actually exists on the server: they call themselves called Divinity.

Tierael
02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes I can :) I am still free to help heal you whenever you like.

Honestly, video game or real life, I don't care to be rude or hold grudges. Need help? Heals will be there for ya.

I just wanted to pitch my voice and my opinion of BDA against yours for any other new players that follow the forums (because honestly, the wave of newbs I rode in on seemed to be a big one).

P.S. again. Both ends of the conversation could have gone better. Yes, shit happens. Do you forum post everytime RL screws you over too?

India
02-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Do you forum post everytime RL screws you over too?
did you seriously just ask that? LOL I mean really, in all seriousness, ask that question?

Dude,,,, you are beacon of light in the guild we know as BDA. Go forth and conquer!

Kagatob
02-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Verina Tomb is a mob? WTF for 11 years I've always thought it was some secret 4th Neriak zone. Learn something new erry day/this is what I get for never lvling a chanter past 32 etc..

Silent
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Reading all the stuff that happens on this server makes me glad I didn't roll here, Not being able to fsck everyone up in pvp after something like this would be a major let down. Either way sorry about your epic mob, sounds like you did get dicked.