PDA

View Full Version : Monk Weight Problems

RahlaeRuffian
02-08-2013, 01:33 AM
So my gear is relatively light. I have a lot of Wu's stuff (recently got my first quested robe)...the heaviest thing I carry is an IFS. However, I'm still at 18 stones constantly. I know this has to do with other things I carry as well.

I plan to buy a Bag of the Tinkerers but right now all I have is a Brown Soiled Bag and 2 Large Sewing Kits (0.4 wt each). Aside from that I typically carry 160 bandages, 160 shurikens, and about 40 food and 40 water and 30 plat. I also have JBoots (2.5 wt.) and an Idol of Trakanon (nothing at all).

So my question is, what should I be carrying that is expendable and how much of it. I typically pull for groups and sometimes I'll tank if the group makeup calls for it, albeit, rarely. I feel like I desperately need to make up for a lot of gear in a lot of slots after grouping with other monks but I'm not sure where to start at 52+ and this being my first monk. My main is a warrior and there is a lot of talk about what is best for that specific class but it seems there is more diversity among monks and I"m not sure if it's performanced based or if it's just people not knowing what the hell they are doing.

Estu
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
If you're carrying a shit ton of expendable stuff that's eating up weight, you can always find magicians and shamans and ask them for summoned bags. 0.1 weight, 100% reduction.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Dimensional_Hole_(Item)
http://wiki.project1999.org/Spirit_Pouch_(Item)

Tink bags are also obvious solutions. Just PL someone for 2-3 hours and you'll have your 5k.

Yaolin
02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Unless you plan on being away from a town for 20+ hours no idea why you're carrying so much food. Maybe drop it down to 80 shurikens and only use them when necessary. Maybe drop 60 bandages also, if you're not soloing ALL the time you dont need that many at all. JBoots weighing 2.5stones sucks. You should drop about 4 pounds dropping your extra junk.

Tecmos Deception
02-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Drop that 30pp and carry a stack of a gem of your choice and pay for ports/rez/whatever with them, or sell some of them if you need pp to restock on consumables.

San
02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Instead of the large sewing kits you could use Shralok Packs. They are also 0.4 wt, but are also 25% wt red. Go for 200p in EC. Might help a little bit. Would drop 1 lb. off the bag holding the bandages.

Rathel
02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
There's really no reason to carry water either. Being thirsty only affects mana regen, nothing else. My monk is lvl 56 and hasn't carried water since crushbone.those annoying thirsty messages just disappear into combat spam, and you can save several stones of weight!

hilltopsttry1
02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Word to that my friend

Chokan
02-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Get a Large Soiled Bag for shurikens/food/water/whatever. wt 1.0 100% WR 10 slot, can buy one for around 800p

FeelunGuud
02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with weight as well. All I'm carrying is two large bags, one containing 1 stack of milk, rations, and bandages and I'm at 19 stones....My armor is ALL cloth with almost no AC with the exception of my head, neck and face which are leather.

How am I supposed to upgrade to leather armor ever? I've looked at it but I'll go over my weight allowance. Please help!!

Fuzzhead93
02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
From cloth a good upgrade is doing tailoring to make your own Raw Silk armor. After raw silk armor you can make Cured silk armor ( all 0.1 wt I believe ). Just takes a bit of spider farming which you can definitely do at lvl 19. Carry Large Sewing Kits instead of Large Bags for weight reduction

FeelunGuud
02-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Thanks, that helps a lot! =)

Silent
03-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Jeez I feel like I must be missing something here, I start at like 29weight and usually while soloing(lvl 40 atm) I will end up at like 60-90 weight and then delete all my silver/copper and drop 20lb and gain maybe 20AC back at most. I don't feel the slightest bit gimped by being overweight, But could that be because fungi/trance sticks/jboots/cos etc? I eventually plan on getting tink bags in a week or two and can grab a abu-kar box. I carry about 100 shurikens on me and another 20 20 in ranged. only 20-40 bandages because i rarely get below 80% let alone 50% to bandage. I use medicine bags right now and 2 large sewing kits. I wear some heavy gear like gem inlaid gaunts i think 4lb, lumberjack cap 3-4lb. Mostly because despite the weight, the AC/stats gives me more then i lose. I am going to replace these easily with exec hood and whatever else I can buy soon, It is just difficult on red being iksar trying to buy stuff with everyone in freeport.

tommydgun
03-04-2013, 09:55 AM
what you dont realize is that the only reason those items that weigh a lot seem like they are giving you more AC is because you are already severely over the cap. if you were flirting with the cap and you equipped iksar scaled gloves over say wu's gloves you would not get more AC. however if you are 15 pounds over weight and you equip iksar scaled gloves over wu's you would get more AC than wu's. i hope that makes sense.

also gem inlaid gauntlets weigh 1 pound. 140 and 40 bandages is going to run you about 4-5 pounds, by simply getting a large soiled bag you are -3 to 4 pounds instantly. (can't remember capacity of bag might only be 8 slot) you can also put your jboots in the bag for another -2.5 pounds

edit: honestly though, fear kiting while leveling and being that twinked i wouldnt worry about weight too much and i would just worry about looting and selling items for cash. once you arent farming giants and you are trying to solo or tank for a group at level 45+ you will want to cut weight and go for the AC.

Jeez I feel like I must be missing something here, I start at like 29weight and usually while soloing(lvl 40 atm) I will end up at like 60-90 weight and then delete all my silver/copper and drop 20lb and gain maybe 20AC back at most. I don't feel the slightest bit gimped by being overweight, But could that be because fungi/trance sticks/jboots/cos etc? I eventually plan on getting tink bags in a week or two and can grab a abu-kar box. I carry about 100 shurikens on me and another 20 20 in ranged. only 20-40 bandages because i rarely get below 80% let alone 50% to bandage. I use medicine bags right now and 2 large sewing kits. I wear some heavy gear like gem inlaid gaunts i think 4lb, lumberjack cap 3-4lb. Mostly because despite the weight, the AC/stats gives me more then i lose. I am going to replace these easily with exec hood and whatever else I can buy soon, It is just difficult on red being iksar trying to buy stuff with everyone in freeport.

Silent
03-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Sounds like some good info, Thanks. I already plan on lining up some bags aside from tinks. About to pick up a large soiled bag for my shurikens/other small stuff that adds weight, Box of abu-kar is lore and sells for roughly 3.5-4k pp on red but is like 1-3lb itself iirc. Eventually Ill replace it all with 5 tinks and leave extra room for pumice/other castables.

As far as the AC goes, I finally banked and drop back down to 23 stones and i rose 137AC and noticed a huge difference immediately after getting back to soloing. Aside from wu's gloves are there anything else I can grab? Since I play red I have to either farm it or has to be common enough item to be buyable. Farming is mostly out of the question until im higher.