PDA

View Full Version : Warrior weapon damage vs proc?

Captain Faceplant
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Obviously the answer would be "both" if I could afford it, but I can't.

I'm talking about weapons like gnoll hide lariat, which is 3/20 (utter crap) but procs stun (possibly the best aggro proc you could have at level 25). Is it worth the crap ratio for the proc? Or in that case would it be best to go for weapon damage?

The war in question would be low to mid-level; I doubt I'll ever make it to the 50's with this char, melees just get too boring. Looking for suggestions on aggro weapons until then.

Extunarian
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Procs were just too few and far between even with dex buffed up to 180. At low levels I found nothing that could hold agro as well as a staff of battle. A lower cost alternative is the poison wind censer.

Also, if you can get your hands on a haste item it will help immensely.

pharmakos
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
procs for agro are overrated imo, unless you have a shaman around to buff your Dexterity.

Vadd
03-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Obviously the answer would be "both" if I could afford it, but I can't.

I'm talking about weapons like gnoll hide lariat, which is 3/20 (utter crap) but procs stun (possibly the best aggro proc you could have at level 25). Is it worth the crap ratio for the proc? Or in that case would it be best to go for weapon damage?

The war in question would be low to mid-level; I doubt I'll ever make it to the 50's with this char, melees just get too boring. Looking for suggestions on aggro weapons until then.

It won't hurt to carry whips from 20-36
Play around, try em out.
If you can afford though, I'd get Lammy and Silken Whip. DPS + Taunt = sometimeswin