PDA

View Full Version : Community deserves a response

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Can we get a response on why the decision was made to fix a few raid dragons (result of Null's coding, totally specific to red) over fixing resists here or even just (one of these even) the root line/mage pet root/whirl? Makes me want to get the torches and pitch forks again.

Tomatoking
01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
nirgon why do you care

nilbog
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
I think you should calm down. If you expect a legitimate response, you shouldn't threaten anything. Makes me not want to respond.

Dragons and spells versus dragons are considered content issues. That, I feel comfortable changing, or having changed.

the root line/mage pet root/whirl <-- Is this supposed to mean something to me? Sounds very specific to player versus player encounters.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm not threatening, merely voicing my very serious disappointment

Just saying, considering how long certain major issues (as voiced by a great majority) have been sitting on the back burner, that a PvE change that benefits a very small and certain "group" does not please us.

Combobreaker
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
mage pets proc root 8/10 times unless SoW'd, which then it never procs.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Whirl's pvp resist value needs to be obliterated.

Root shouldn't be landing on even cons at 51mr+.

The lucy values look very good for them compared to classic values I've seen.

It's a major turn off for more than just the 30 people who already have farmed (and exploited with near impunity) tons of loot.

What about the countless views of players on these boards coming back time and again wondering "when're they ever going to fix xyz major pvp issue"?

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:35 PM
whirl has been fixed but pet root and roots in general need to be tweaked slightly.

i think classic mr resists are a little broken though. 51mr can be achieved with endure magic or one/two pieces of raid gear. classic resists didnt count on most of the population wearing diamond gear +. its not even hard to get 51mr casually. warriors have that naked at 50+ it think. we need a serious talk and testing about resists considering the average geared person here. im thinking at 120 mr you should not be rooted 90% of the time. havent tested it in awhile but my 49 bard will be a test dummy for any lvl 50.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
basically with classic resists 2 pieces of gear or a GMR = t staff monk on a rampage with all hp/str gear someone gonna get raped.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
People dont need to be getting rooted fighting mobs when they're fully buffed and wearing resist gear. 0%.

Rettii
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
are considered content issues[/B]. That, I feel comfortable changing, or having changed.

the root line/mage pet root/whirl <-- Is this supposed to mean something to me? Sounds very specific to player versus player encounters.

why don't you like red server? Why is pvp community second class. We play the box just as much as blue I don't understand why provide a red service but neglect red issues.

Disheartening.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Not to mention, provide some of the better forum entertainment.

This box can have a very strong population too.

In fact, with the right fixes and epics, a promotion could really bring it back together.

nilbog
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Just saying, considering how long certain major issues (as voiced by a great majority) have been sitting on the back burner, that a PvE change that benefits a very small and certain "group" does not please us.

K, well if it relates to content, that's what I do. So... that's what I do.

why don't you like red server? Why is pvp community second class. We play the box just as much as blue I don't understand why provide a red service but neglect red issues.

Disheartening.

I like it just fine. I probably have more posts in the pvp area of the forums than any other developer. That being said, I lead up content development. Content broken somehow? Fix it. The rest of those issues are Null-specific, or at this point Rogean. Up to kanras if he wants to involve himself with it as he never signed up for pvp.

Cwall 52.0
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
The rest of those issues are Null-specific, or at this point Rogean. Up to kanras if he wants to involve himself with it as he never signed up for pvp.

rogaine doesn't care at all

null tried helping us like a year ago and literally said he can't implement his fixes because rogaine won't patch the server

then null disappeared

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
People dont need to be getting rooted fighting mobs when they're fully buffed and wearing resist gear. 0%.

full buffed wearing resist gear is like 100 mr easy.

Cwall 52.0
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
root/whirl are such stupidly gamebreaking spells that they should not land on anyone with the slightest bit of resist gear

ever

ever

ever

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
samwise wears zero mr resist gear cept for hallowed bone bracer and has 72 mr with my resist magic buff. my bard has 213 with songs with half resist gear. just saying there needs to be some middle grounds. current resist system is either not working properly or the mr "cap" is too high. classic resist system is too low. lets meet half way bro.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
thought u gave u a hameds ring of tears with 3 MR

dont lie brew

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Those 500 players on here before would greatly outweigh and outnumber our resident trolls if we could get them back. You could definitely see a more RZ type community, which is a good thing.

We're not asking for huge changes either or major revamps to rules and enforcement or anything.

Rettii
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
/sigh

Lost cause

Thanks for trying nilbog

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
quick test, yes the sample size is small as hell but lets talk about actual numbers and not just making stuff up. Nirgon whiel was fixed like so long ago not even sure why you are still bringing it up. i havent been whirled since jan or feb.

http://i.imgur.com/5sICYiB.jpg

okay so i just spent 200pp on some mr bracers and casted endure magic on self. resisted 50% of the roots. not bad at 59 mr. with classic resisted you are saying none should land? seems like i dont have to sacrifice anything. 200pp = root resistant?

Massive Marc
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Nilbog,

will there possibly be a patch before velious ? Is that why rogs is waiting ? he just wants to patch everything at once ?

Is it a bitch for him to patch ? does he physically have to do something or just access the database from home ?

I'm not bitching, but damn, you'd think you want to keep the server as up to date as much as possible. Maybe a $$$ thing ? that would be a fair reason.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
i can easily slap some najena arms (7 mr) a split paw hide mask (5mr) and some other cheap mr items and have 70+ mr with endure magic. not considering GMR or bard in group or any end game gear its pretty easy mr higher than 51 without even trying.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
This was a result of code Null introduced for red and it was fixed. That's my stance and where my grievance is coming from. Oh, and its for end game PvE that helps one guild :P.

i can easily slap some najena arms (7 mr) a split paw hide mask (5mr) and some other cheap mr items and have 70+ mr with endure magic. not considering GMR or bard in group or any end game gear its pretty easy mr higher than 51 without even trying.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. It's a very easily resisted spell (should be) and takes very little gear risk (hello item loot isnt the end of the world) to achieve.
When I see classic EQ PvP + Kunark, I don't think of 50-50 chance at 70 magic resist to take an xp loss kiting mobs lol.

If you know a brain between your ears you don't need root to win as a caster. You also wont get instagibbed when one lands on your caster in group pvp.

rykkerrz
You probably came off harsh sounding in OP but really your just frustrated that resists are broken.I understand i invest alot of time playing myself and i would love to see pvp changes made that affect pvp before seeing pve changes made to the red server.Now i hear people all the time claim a staff member plays in the guild that would benefit the most from dragon resist fixes....is that a troll or 4realz? It would explain a pve patch if it were true.....we should donate some $$ and keep track of how much the red contributed just towards a resist fix...Im sure a small payment for some dev's time would speed the progress.

Itap
Nilbog,

will there possibly be a patch before velious ? Is that why rogs is waiting ? he just wants to patch everything at once ?

Is it a bitch for him to patch ? does he physically have to do something or just access the database from home ?

I'm not bitching, but damn, you'd think you want to keep the server as up to date as much as possible. Maybe a $$$ thing ? that would be a fair reason.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. It's a very easily resisted spell (should be) and takes very little gear risk (hello item loot isnt the end of the world) to achieve.
When I see classic EQ PvP + Kunark, I don't think of 50-50 chance at 70 magic resist to take an xp loss kiting mobs lol.

If you know a brain between your ears you don't need root to win as a caster. You also wont get instagibbed when one lands on your caster in group pvp.

51 mr is easily achievable with best in slot pve gear. basically there is no need for a pvp set which to me takes away from pvp. you should have to sacrifice dmg/mana/hps in order to gain the ability to resist mr spells. literally no sacrifice for anyone with blue PP which is another problem in itself.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
^ Wtf is that I don't even..

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
?

you should sacrifice dmg/mana/hp to become root immune in pvp. i dont understand where you are confused. 51 mr is EASYILY achievable with BIS and/or buffs. classic resists didnt not count on more than half the server being as geared as they are here. there are twinks rolling around here who are better equipped than people who played rz/sz/whatever for years.

that said by word of mouth there are still some problems with people getting rooted in full MR gear. you would think after a year of this server being live someone would post screens of them getting rooted with 140+ mr or w/e they are claiming.

jeffd
01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
i think it's been pretty clear for the last 14 months that we're playing on a custom purple server

i'm not sure why any of you still think the devs care about pvp specific issues, and if you were ever under the misconception that they did, nilbog's responses here should probably clear that up for you

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
word but i still wanna hear Nirgons arguement as to how classic resists are balanced on this server. the average gear a person has on this server is literally 2-3times better than the average player on live.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah being chain rooted in PvP at low lvls when you buy magic resist gear is terrible.

At higher levels, you shouldn't be playing expecting it to land if you were a live player anyways.

5 people at once weren't spamming root, ever, in a fight I can recall. Completely not classic and detrimental. It completely favors a zerg or otherwise unskilled setup.

Why do you think stuns and roots get diminishing returns and long recasts in modern PvP mmos? It's completely gamebreaking otherwise.

Not to mention, if you are any sort of good, you don't need it. Even better, if you played classic EQ you remember it this way and shouldn't be favoring it. Root was used to cull nakeds or control pets (that didn't have magic resist). Magic resisting a pet made it immune or break almost instantly if it ever did land. That's how it worked, plenty of people played in this setting and were fine with it.

You can come talk to me on skype or IRC or something if you want to debate this.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
ive never seen 5 people rooting in mass pvp. wtf are you smoking bro. the only time i use root is when people are dashing for the zone cuz i know a plug is inc. these situations do not happen on red. if 5 people are spamming root then no wonder they are getting slaughtered. look at the gm event. maybe 1 or 2 roots the whole fight and im just assuming that cuz i didnt see any. root comes to play in solo/small gang pvp typically around zonelines. any small gang who could choose 5 roots over 5 nukes is so much fail.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I should have to wear magic resist in every slot and have to keep full magic resist buffs up to avoid root? That is completely insane not only from a classic but also a balance stand point.

What about wanting to have resistances to other things? Like wearing a froglok crown? Why should I have to wear magic resist in every single slot and then still have a good chance to be burned by root/snare spam? That makes no sense to me at all.

Plane of fear pvp when I played was:

"You resist root"
"You resist root"
"You resist darkness"
"You resist engulfing roots"
"You resisted root"
"You are engulfed in darkness"

Look at my entire set of magic resist in my later kill shots. That's stupid and cannot be debated, nor will I further.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
not sure who you are aregueing with because i didnt say you needed mr in every slot. my argument was that 51 mr is easily achieved thru one piece of gear and a buff. im not agreeing with the current system nor classic. I think there still needs to be some balancing but 51 mr is kinda retarded for this server considering the average gear a player has.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
when you say 51 mr i say 90ish mr is more realistic. still easy as hell to get and with a bard you literally need no mr gear equipped. okay well the pvp ive participated in doesnt involve chain root/snare tactics. there is no time for that. you should be lucky you were fighting retards then.

rykkerrz
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I should have to wear magic resist in every slot and have to keep full magic resist buffs up to avoid root? That is completely insane not only from a classic but also a balance stand point.

What about wanting to have resistances to other things? Like wearing a froglok crown? Why should I have to wear magic resist in every single slot and then still have a good chance to be burned by root/snare spam? That makes no sense to me at all.

Plane of fear pvp when I played was:

"You resist root"
"You resist root"
"You resist darkness"
"You resist engulfing roots"
"You resisted root"
"You are engulfed in darkness"

Look at my entire set of magic resist in my later kill shots. That's stupid and cannot be debated, nor will I further.

My only beef is...you should wear maybe not MR gear but resist in each slot....if "51" magic works most of the time you don't wear 52 magic gear and run around.....you rock 100+.i dont wanna get rooted 50% of the time i dont wanna get rooted ever~nah mean? But i don't think tranny crowns should be worn by everyone and a frog crown a useless piece. Things need a tweak to every school of spells not just magic.

HippoNipple
01-24-2013, 04:36 PM
10 people casting 5 roots on me sounds okay to me. By that time if it was even odds to start with half their team would be dead.

One lands, dispel, carry on.