PDA

View Full Version : If red were to ever be restarted, would you support PvP teams?

Safon
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
I feel like a Talon Zek set up would draw in a much larger population, it's got some level of security for people that are new to PvP, and is probably less cutthroat than Ralos was? I dunno maybe this is a weak idea, but I'd love to play on PvP teams server like live again

Thoughts? Flames?

nilbog
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I personally like teams and item loot.

Sirken
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
if red was reopened, it would need to be VZ or TZ style teams. this allows players that come here with no pre made guild, and no pre made friends, a chance to actually have a good time with other players.

its much less cut throat than RZ. but theres a reason VZ and TZ had double RZ's pop.

also, i would say give item loot a trial period. item loot is one of those things that need to go in at the start, or never at all.

Cwall 52.0
01-23-2013, 01:36 PM
restart with item loot

RoguePhantom
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Why not SZ with Item loot?

The reason I loved SZ is that I didn't have to worry about XTeaming, and with hard coded teams, you could rain/PBAE without hitting your own faction.

Snufz
01-23-2013, 01:45 PM
With the current resist system item loot would be so fuckin lol. Wear full resist droppable gear still get hit and rooted for full damage by naked wiz.snufz.

put in plz.

ps sz rules are the best but there would be 10 people playin on dis server.

Sirken
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Why not SZ with Item loot?

The reason I loved SZ is that I didn't have to worry about XTeaming, and with hard coded teams, you could rain/PBAE without hitting your own faction.

you can rain/PBAE and not hit your team with racial teams as well. the only problem is that i feel xteaming would be out of control. back on live, you maybe had 1 or 2 guilds per server xteaming, but they were considered the scumbags of the server. that probably wouldnt have the same effect in this community, so i dunno maybe SZ teams would be better?

racial teams would work if languages could be limited by race, and if they removed the ability to learn languages that werent your own race. ie: short races speak peck, dark races speak dark speech, elvish races speak elvish, and human races speak human.

that way, while crossteaming is still possible, communication is greatly hindered any time players arent in vent.

really doesnt matter though, box will never be wiped.

pixels forever safe.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 01:50 PM
OMG TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would be nice to have the one thing that made eq pvp fun. teams!

on that note i have no idea why these new pvp servers that keep poppin up dont go with teams. ffa pvp sucks, everyone knows it. why do people keep re-creating ffa pvp servers?

Tr0llb0rn
01-23-2013, 01:58 PM
The "teams" of Sullon Zek made far more sense then TZ/VZ teams. Was a better spread of races/classes with SZ teams too/more balanced.

Sullon Zek deity based good/newt/evil teams the only way to go.

Item loot is fine from the get go.

Cross-teaming would be solved by the classic Sullon Zek feature that made it so you could only have toons of one particular faction on your account. Of course they'd have to limit players here to one account per IP or individual (which should already be the case and would solve all these accountability problems and lame "character selling" that is like a bad virus here).

100 percent fool proof dream server ruleset:

Sullon Zek rules for the pvp aspect + Firiona Vie roleplay server features.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
you can rain/PBAE and not hit your team with racial teams as well. the only problem is that i feel xteaming would be out of control. back on live, you maybe had 1 or 2 guilds per server xteaming, but they were considered the scumbags of the server. that probably wouldnt have the same effect in this community, so i dunno maybe SZ teams would be better?

racial teams would work if languages could be limited by race, and if they removed the ability to learn languages that werent your own race. ie: short races speak peck, dark races speak dark speech, elvish races speak elvish, and human races speak human.

that way, while crossteaming is still possible, communication is greatly hindered any time players arent in vent.

really doesnt matter though, box will never be wiped.

pixels forever safe.

Why wipe red 99? Why not open up a test server with all the fixes that should of been implemented at classic that weren't. Keep red99 up and running or backed up. and see if it is Popular. if it is, think of a figure the community can come up with to make a "3rd server possible". im sure it could happen.

i honestly think that idea is the last viable chance at a REAL pvp box. this one will always be looked at as either a joke, or only good for first few months. Teams wouldent be bad, and make item loot / coin loot. and yellow text. but NO global ooc. no need for it really if pop high. everyone knows the first few months were the best on red and global ooc only made trolling better not the gameplay.

but eq pvp might be dead who knows.

Andis
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
it's simple bros....

keep how it is now

tweak resists a little

put in YT

watch server THRIVE

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
so project 1999 would have Blue - Red (ralloz zek style XP bonus) - and then a RP/Teams/Pvp server - that would be normal xp or slighty boosted.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
it's simple bros....

keep how it is now

tweak resists a little

put in YT

watch server THRIVE

a statement from the 1%

does not reflect the majority of people who play on red, or wish to play on a red server.

your literally like one of the top 3 people on red lol.

Vile
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
even i hate these threads

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
two gm's commented on the thread. thats at least showing gm's acknowledge it

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
The "teams" of Sullon Zek made far more sense then TZ/VZ teams. Was a better spread of races/classes with SZ teams too/more balanced.

Sullon Zek deity based good/newt/evil teams the only way to go.

Item loot is fine from the get go.

Cross-teaming would be solved by the classic Sullon Zek feature that made it so you could only have toons of one particular faction on your account. Of course they'd have to limit players here to one account per IP or individual (which should already be the case and would solve all these accountability problems and lame "character selling" that is like a bad virus here).

100 percent fool proof dream server ruleset:

Vile
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
two gm's commented on the thread. thats at least showing gm's acknowledge it

i respect nilbog and sirken big time, but nothing goes on here without rogean..

i really don't see teams ever coming in to play... yea it would be nice, but one team would be completely lopsided.. and it would need to be at least good/neutral/evil like sullon zek style.

two teams wont work, its basically setting up a 2 guild scenario imo. atleast give the option for a 3 guild end game...

you guys should be begging for them to fix resists, dual wurmslayers, whatever other broken shit there is, before you bring up the discussion of teams.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 02:18 PM
<---- Good team for life no matter how zergy the evils and newts get.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
i am Chaotic Good, on the dungeons and dragons alignment test. so i guess id be on good team as well lol

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 02:28 PM
there is a thread right now on live forums asking for a SZ style progression server. will never happen but its nice to think about.

heartbrand
01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
pixels forever safe.

That's what I like to hear

HippoNipple
01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
First off lol at HB immersed in his persona.

Second I love the idea about teams. It would be optimal for me to have a wipe and start fresh but I get not wanting to ruin the integrity of what is going on with p1999 as far as no wipes. A third p1999 server would be a close second choice to that. It would be pretty cool to have 3 servers going at once, blue velious, red kunark, classic teams/item loot. I think starting a new server would basically be the same as a fresh wipe because everyone would go there, but it would keep the integrity of p1999 by not wiping.

Can anyone on here deny that it would bring a ton of people back? The argument would be if that number would sustain or fizzle out like red99 did. I think teams would actually solve a lot of the problems this server has. It would promote 3 strong guilds even though it wouldn't necessarily happen that way. It would at least entice 2 teams to go against the strongest teams at all times.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
First off lol at HB immersed in his persona.

Second I love the idea about teams. It would be optimal for me to have a wipe and start fresh but I get not wanting to ruin the integrity of what is going on with p1999 as far as no wipes. A third p1999 server would be a close second choice to that. It would be pretty cool to have 3 servers going at once, blue velious, red kunark, classic teams/item loot. I think starting a new server would basically be the same as a fresh wipe because everyone would go there, but it would keep the integrity of p1999 by not wiping.

Can anyone on here deny that it would bring a ton of people back? The argument would be if that number would sustain or fizzle out like red99 did. I think teams would actually solve a lot of the problems this server has. It would promote 3 strong guilds even though it wouldn't necessarily happen that way. It would at least entice 2 teams to go against the strongest teams at all times.

if this is not possible can Nilbog or Sirken at least tell us why it is not possible?

HippoNipple
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
if this is not possible can Nilbog or Sirken at least tell us why it is not possible?

Well there are three good reasons why it wouldn't be possible.

1) Time investment
2) $$$
3) Additional gms needed

This isn't a business... as far as a Dev goes they don't necessarily need the servers to get huge and be the most fun for us. They would just like for it to be better than the others out there. As a player... of course we would want it to be bigger and better.

Tippett
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
there is not enuff gms for even 2 servers

sirken does what he can but yeah they really dont even support the 2nd one as is

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
i think the coding and everything is there would litterally be a complex copy and paste of some sort im sure.

the community could vote on a gm, or sirken /nilbog could be given full authority over the new one.

community could raise $ for the server host etc.

release it first day of spring. ample time to re inform community, let alliances reforge, (give some people who are burned out 2 months no eq to mantain real life relationships, commitments, and occupations) it could be real fun!

i hope they atleast tell us why

Slave
01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
The only way that EQ PvP can ever really exist again is with teams.

And the teams cannot be any kind of Classic team setup. The teams MUST BE BALANCED. Evil is much too powerful. Large races are much too powerful. They must be split up in an un-canonic, truly level way. And exactly three teams - no more, no less.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
ROGEAN JESUS ANSWER US!!!! WE COME WITH ALMS AND DREAMS OF YOU TAKING US TO THE PVP PROMISED LAND ONCE MORE!!!!

Tippett
01-23-2013, 03:22 PM
population isnt there for teams, anyone who has played on red99 knows this

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
OGres - dark elves - trolls - one team
barbarians -erudites -humans - half elfs - two team
haflings-gnomes-dwarves-wood elves, high elves- team three
when iskar get released - team 4

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
population isnt there for teams, anyone who has played on red99 knows this

we are talking about the prospect of a new server with resurgence in population at server release it was definitely enough for it.

dont be a nay sayer because your clinging to pixels on red99, no one wants to hurt your precious pixels brew

HippoNipple
01-23-2013, 03:25 PM
OGres - dark elves - trolls - one team
barbarians -erudites -humans - half elfs - two team
haflings-gnomes-dwarves-wood elves, high elves- team three
when iskar get released - team 4

The evil team would obviously be at a disadvantage with no rangers.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:27 PM
code it so dark elves can be rangers , but have same exact stats a wood elf does, no difference at all (even sight if there is one) do the same thing for bards., make an evil one with same exact stats as wood elf - just different model and dark elf faction. (no this isnt classic) but it would effect game play 0% if done that way

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
this will also fix no forage on evil team, you then have to put iksar on team evil team because they dont have clerics, or do something similar (give them same stats as human cleric, minus iksar regen) and do a ranger for them (same stats as a human one, minus regen)

it would need a few non classic twists to balance it out but those are ones i could think of

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
or make humans able to join any team? have a choice? might be interesting that way. they can fill in for something any team miss. like clerics or rangers or bards

RoguePhantom
01-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Just code it like SZ.

Good/Newt don't get SK/Necro.

Evil dosent get Ranger/Druid.

Human Bards can worship RZ.

Each has its pluses and minuses.

Massive Marc
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I think you really have to be realistic in some en devours, mainly releasing content. currently on red99 you have close to a 1:1 ratio of people/zone. Searching for pvp is tedious at my lvl (if it even exists) I usually just give up and PVE. Yellow txt would be helpful, but having 90~ zones open with 100~ population is pretty...open. thats probably my biggest gripe on this server currently.

i never played with item loot, so im not sure what its like losing my pixels, probably sucks, but probably makes the game less dull.. encourages better play.

would basically be willing to try anything that focuses on pvp.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
why not just give humans the option to join any of 3-4 teams based on diety and everyone will have level playing field. (i see future complaints that evil raid guilds can do content, or good races not having enough necros or sk's)

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 04:02 PM
As much as I dislike Nihilum and their methods of previously obtaining loots/getting where they are right now...

they still have literally hundreds maybe thousands of hours on an individual level acquiring loots. Not to mention, many of those present during the sploit era are no longer here and many legit players have joined the ranks on both sides and levelled up solo.

It would have to be a 100% vote to do any kind of restart.

I'm pretty sure we can count on someone to be the troll who votes "no" to keep the box the way it is.

Item loot instead of xp loss, smart.

Resists on root, snare, stun, blind need to be looked at as well as the whirl line being scorched from the earth. Otherwise? Do *not* put in item loot. We can live with less than perfect direct damage values and those can be looked at later... but do need a look as well.

Teams? Yeah I think people would bite for it, but I don't think it'd work. I'd ride it out though if that would help the pop. I see a small select group of random pks going neutral/good and an overwhelming number of players going evil.

I don't see any of this happening until or WELL AFTER Velious, if at all. And the reroll = never.

heartbrand
01-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Whirl really doesn't work if the guy has any gear on his body

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I had 115mr with tash, shield and magic resist... whirl landed on me. So did root, even more so, roots with damage components. Not every time, but reliable enough if spammed.

Should be no whirl unless like -50mr (if at all lol) and root immune at 51 magic resist presuming even levels. I've posted all this, I can offer it again.

In the mean time, take off those double wurmslayers and stop defending the whirl pal.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Just code it like SZ.

Good/Newt don't get SK/Necro.

Evil dosent get Ranger/Druid.

Human Bards can worship RZ.

Each has its pluses and minuses.

heartbrand
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Im willing to test whirl with you today if you like, I agree on root tho

watbab
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Wipe it clean.

http://tau.rghost.ru/43264793/image.png

Itap
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
WHERES THE YT?

I mean, it can't be that hard to implement it, can it?

Vile
01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
WHERES THE YT?

I mean, it can't be that hard to implement it, can it?

couple lines of code... literally. :cool:

aborted
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
I like red 99 but teams would be very cool too, real problem is that you would be splitting the population.

BelenosGotHeals
01-23-2013, 06:05 PM

This please

HippoNipple
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
I like red 99 but teams would be very cool too, real problem is that you would be splitting the population.

Splitting up the population how? Right now on red it is every man for themselves. If you see someone that isn't in the same guild and is in range, pvp will happen. There are like 5 different teams on red99 right now, plus the few rolling solo.

Prince
01-23-2013, 06:08 PM

prince never gonna have 2 raid again thank fucking god

Rushmore
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
i respect nilbog and sirken big time, but nothing goes on here without rogean..

i really don't see teams ever coming in to play... yea it would be nice, but one team would be completely lopsided.. and it would need to be at least good/neutral/evil like sullon zek style.

two teams wont work, its basically setting up a 2 guild scenario imo. atleast give the option for a 3 guild end game...

you guys should be begging for them to fix resists, dual wurmslayers, whatever other broken shit there is, before you bring up the discussion of teams.

Additionally who ever is calling for item loot needs to be shot. Not only will no one play but the ones that do will just run around naked. It will ruin anything that ever was decent about PVP in EQ to begin with.

As for teams... There already are teams.

Team 1 Nihilium
Team 2 Azreal
Team 3 She looks lvl 18
Team 4 Start a new team if you don't like the team your on

If you want the server to Thrive just wait on Velious and then all that heavenly glory the server will be!

Lastly at 120+ pop on 99% of the server single boxing I would say the RED server is thriving right now! More people than any other PVP emu box has ever gotten.

And there is like 200 more reading the forums that don't even log in just sitting on the fence.

Most likely waiting on Epics or Velious

Andis
01-23-2013, 06:21 PM
pop has been hitting 140 on the regular...box is thriving

ive said it before and ill say it again.

look at resists, implement YT.

and watch server blow up

Prince
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
dual wurmslayers

ahahah you can do that???? thats literally better than the best two hander in the game

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Rallos Zek through Velious ruined everything that was decent about EverQuest PvP to begin with.

(?????)

Ebony
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
A team PVP server would be AWESOME!!

I agree with everyone that 3 hard coded teams is best. Evil/Neut/Good. And things like resists have to work well.

IMHO the #1 thing you HAVE to get right from the start (And a place where sony FAILED big time) is team balance.

I think the races are set up PERFECT for three team balance.

Evil = Troll, Dark Elf, Iksar, Gnome + All Human

Neut = Ogre, Erudite, Half Elf, Halfling + All Human

Good = Barbarian, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf + All Humans

1. Each team has ALL classes

Proverbs28's idea of having Humans on every team is Perfect for this

2. Each team has 5 races

3. Each team has it's very own look and feel and home lands

4. Each team has a Large Tank Race

Evil = Troll
Neut = Ogre
Good = Barbarian

5. Each team has a Short Race

Evil = Gnome
Neut = Halfling
Good = Dwarf

6. Each Team Has an Elf Race

Evil = Dark Elves
Neut = Half Elves
Good = High Elves

7. Each team has a Human Race

Evil = Human
Neut = Erudite
Good = Barbarian

I think a server with this kind of team setup would be perfect!

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
pop has been hitting 140 on the regular...box is thriving

ive said it before and ill say it again.

look at resists, implement YT.

and watch server blow up

No one said red isnt doing well. We arent talking about a server wipe, We are talking about another progression server funded by and obvious demand from the community.

Its a different concept altogether then what red99 was to be so i dont see what the fuss is about? Your pixels are safe (i find that to be comforting actually) Rogean said he would never wipe the server, and he shouldent have to if its not what he want to do.

Some people want yellow text, a fair start with gaurds assisting, definite groups because of set teams, different kind of game i think,

If it fails, everyone just go back to red ne ways lol

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM

I agree with everyone that 3 hard coded teams is best. Evil/Neut/Good. And things like resists have to work well.

IMHO the #1 thing you HAVE to get right from the start (And a place where sony FAILED big time) is team balance.

2. Each team has 5 races

Evil = Troll
Neut = Ogre
Good = Barbarian

Evil = Gnome
Neut = Halfling
Good = Dwarf

Evil = Dark Elves
Neut = Half Elves
Good = High Elves

Evil = Human
Neut = Erudite
Good = Barbarian

why try to make up some team system when SZ already had the best one in place? SZ not only provided hard coded teams but the teams fit in with the lore of EQ and RP.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
The 'Teams':

The Good Alliance consists of: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare
The Evil Alliance consists of: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek
The Neutral Alliance consists of: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, Veeshan.

There are no Agnostics on Sullon Zek. With the new influence of the gods, those that had not declared for one deity or another have been killed. Everyone now worships a deity, if not out of respect, love or fear of the god, then out of fear for their lives at the hands of fanatics.

Barbarian Shaman and Warriors can choose to worship Mithaniel Marr. Mithaniel Marr was unwilling to abandon all of the noble barbarians that served the good, and many declared themselves in favor of an alliance with Good.

Monks will be able to worship Veeshan. The Temple in Qeynos has discovered some ancient writings that opened up new avenues.

We will be including a method for the Good and Neutral teams to use Summon Corpse or something similar in the near future.

Keep in mind that we will probably be making some changes to this server as things progress.

Enjoy!

Furniture
01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
i would definitely play if its teams, but wouldnt item loot just result in 99% of the server playing casters?

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I would play anything as long as it had SZ style teams even item loot.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 07:15 PM
i agree samwise i just dont want people to say or bring up that they cant raid due to certian classes being absent. if you gave humans the idea to choose their path (based on diety i guess)it would keep a RP element, but also give a level playing field.

then it also leaves the question as to what you do with iksars when kunark released?
they arent friendly with ogres or dark elves?

and Erudites of paineel are kos to everyone too just about i think in classic...? i know on here your dubious in Erudin but if you go inside almost any building your toast. Same in qeynos.

BelenosGotHeals
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
why try to make up some team system when SZ already had the best one in place? SZ not only provided hard coded teams but the teams fit in with the lore of EQ and RP.

would be perfect server rules for me, you get the best aspects of PvE and PvP EQ. I would leave blue for this and I'm sure a lot of others would too.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
http://protoncharging.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gb_alignment_chart1.png

Proverbs28
i would definitely play if its teams, but wouldnt item loot just result in 99% of the server playing casters?

Then there will be the few, the proud, the melees. Who will be much loved come kunark time!

I would roll a melee even with item loot.

I started as a paladin on here, sold CB belts for 1pp each to buy GB off some dude in Uprising, and jew'd doors down to 500 pp for a crested MM shield. shits tough but i soloed the majority of the way to 40.

Literally dont care about pixels, they come and go. It just gives incentive to do it, and a little grief factor lol built in .

SamwiseRed
looks like the good guys get a nerd, a black dude, and a scientist who obsesses with the stay puff marsh mellow man.. not bad.

Furniture
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
maybe there should be a strict no Null agreement on this server, worst dev in p99, doesnt do anything, implements shitty custom resist system even though everyone on the server wants classic resists

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Lawful Good - Samwise

Chaotic Good -Nips

Lawful Evil - Heartbrand

Chaotic Evil- Slathar

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
lol i thought HB as lawful evil and slathar as chaotic evil as well. Nizzarr would ne newt evil. nirgon would be true neutral

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
You do realize they'd have to code in the stuff for people dropping insignias so you could get summon corpse potions since good/neut don't have necros.

Iksar monk, troll SK or erudite cleric (CT) reporting.

Cwall 52.0
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
lol i thought HB as lawful evil and slathar as chaotic evil as well. Nizzarr would ne newt evil. nirgon would be true neutral

no nirgon is definitely lawful evil

i am lawful good

Graahle
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
no nirgon is definitely lawful evil

i am lawful good

The Risen One^

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I got Chaotic Good

take the

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

its dungeons and dragons online alignment test lol

Dark Team
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
No need to restart the server, it's better to keep all the characters and force hardcoded teams on the community now to shake things up.

imo:
SZ teams, except good and neutral teams are combined. Still no training allowed, and there would still need to be level ranges. All guilds deleted, friends become enemies and enemies become allies. Nihilum VP loots split between two teams. Fun and PvP ensue.

Tomatoking
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Restart without RMT And actually give a shit about staffing the server

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
how about we take a little bit of everyones ideas! and stop thinking that it has to be at ends with each other just cus we pvpers lol

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
I would sin to protect classic EQ

Knuckle
01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
I feel like a Talon Zek set up would draw in a much larger population, it's got some level of security for people that are new to PvP, and is probably less cutthroat than Ralos was? I dunno maybe this is a weak idea, but I'd love to play on PvP teams server like live again

Thoughts? Flames?

Teams and item loot lets do it

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Lots of respect for Tallon Zek server

Will be making entire guild of mages and enchanters to bolt people through walls and spam whirl people.

(Unless it gets fixed right)

Tycko
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I would try out a new server, but it would kill r99's population and therefor I don't think it would ever happen. Besides, the same thing would happen on the new server , one guild will rise to the top and everyone else will complain or join em because most people play to get raid loot, proven by r99 experiment. It just so happens on a PVP server you can use that loot to destroy people which is fun.

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 08:39 PM
No I think Sirken would ban people if the same thing happened

Silo69
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
both sirken and nilbog have great pvp ideas on teams and item loot

i would leave blue for this

Ebony
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM

2. Each team has 5 races

Evil = Troll
Neut = Ogre
Good = Barbarian

Evil = Gnome
Neut = Halfling
Good = Dwarf

Evil = Dark Elves
Neut = Half Elves
Good = High Elves

Evil = Human
Neut = Erudite
Good = Barbarian

Sorry Sam but a copy of the SZ team setup would die real fast. Evil team has a HUGE advantage. Everyone would go evil. (Nihilum isn't dumb, they'd go evil like everyone else.) It would end up a total mess.

It's like the sony devs were either clueless idiots or they were planning to play evil team themselves and knowingly shafted the other two teams. It's like a two team server where one team (Good/Neut) was split in half and then had to compete with the (Evil) whole team. You could say Good was only 1/3rd of the Good/Neut team on top of that.

I think the truth is the sony devs were clueless idiots who didn't figure out the teams were messed up. And if they had they wouldn't care enough to put in the time & effort to balance the teams anyway.

If you want the server to fail, make it just like SZ with no changes.

You don't have to split the teams exactly like I said. I just though of that when I posted it. There are a lot of ways to split it up. But you really need to make them balanced.

I would hate to see the devs put a lot of effort into a server just to see it crash and burn from something that was easy to see from the start.

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Queue 6 more pages of people defending SZ

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry Sam but a copy of the SZ team setup would die real fast. Evil team has a HUGE advantage. Everyone would go evil. (Nihilum isn't dumb, they'd go evil like everyone else.) It would end up a total mess.

It's like the sony devs were either clueless idiots or they were planning to play evil team themselves and knowingly shafted the other two teams. It's like a two team server where one team (Good/Neut) was split in half and then had to compete with the (Evil) whole team. You could say Good was only 1/3rd of the Good/Neut team on top of that.

I think the truth is the sony devs were clueless idiots who didn't figure out the teams were messed up. And if they had they wouldn't care enough to put in the time & effort to balance the teams anyway.

If you want the server to fail, make it just like SZ with no changes.

You don't have to split the teams exactly like I said. I just though of that when I posted it. There are a lot of ways to split it up. But you really need to make them balanced.

I would hate to see the devs put a lot of effort into a server just to see it crash and burn from something that was easy to see from the start.

actually I can think of a few KEY Nihilum members who would not roll evil. also its pretty well known eq pvp is not balanced. this is about PvPing making sense in the world of EverQuest. Why would a halfling druid kill another halfling druid over a manastone camp? shits just evil and greedy. SZ teams for maximum immersion and i promise you it wont be like it was on live. there will be a resistance.

Ebony
01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
actually I can think of a few KEY Nihilum members who would not roll evil. also its pretty well known eq pvp is not balanced. this is about PvPing making sense in the world of EverQuest. Why would a halfling druid kill another halfling druid over a manastone camp? shits just evil and greedy. SZ teams for maximum immersion and i promise you it wont be like it was on live. there will be a resistance.

If they did remake SZ, I would play Good team. Even though I know I might be the only one. lol

I can see "The Resistance" now.

Ebony<Good team player> & Samwise<Neut team player> vs <everyone else>

=P

I would have fun playing on any team PvP server but if we HAD to make an almost clone of a Sony Box, I'd vote for a Hard coded TZ/VZ.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
bro im good alliance for life lol

Ebony
01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
lol yes, I just had to make one of us neut for the full effect & I chose you :p

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Pick a good race/class combo then go ahead and play on red but don't join any guilds or group. Fulfills about the same experience.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Pick a good race/class combo then go ahead and play on red but don't join any guilds or group. Fulfills about the same experience.

Nirgon is online
Planar Protector

^ obviously out of touch with reality

Loli Pops
01-23-2013, 10:06 PM
You guys are discussing a new 3 team PvP server - with our already low pop?

ERU-DITE PLEASE

Vanilla WoW had it right: Horde vs Alliance

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
hardcoded teams is the right way to go but an odd number of teams is better balance imo.

Nirgon
01-23-2013, 10:10 PM
If you go ahead and adjust barbarian starting stats (not classic) and frontal stun (not classic) maybe along with a few other things. But coding in the summon corpse potions (which I made up in my head) based on looting insignias from other players (more ficticious shit made up by me) sounds good to the devs, so be it. I'd rather resists were fixed first and item loot added.

Purple 99, Custom EverQuest not worth logging into for me.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
again this a DIFFERENT server, we dont want to end red. we want old players to return, other players to give it a try, people from blue maybe, other games,

keep red , test RPteams pvp

Rushmore
01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
again this a DIFFERENT server, we dont want to end red. we want old players to return, other players to give it a try, people from blue maybe, other games,

keep red , test RPteams pvp

You have like 80 people online most hours of the day are you suggesting half of that? for two servers? No one is not playing here because of item loot, YT, or teams. They just aint playing because the game is 14 years old. A horrible time sink! And no Velious. The PVP emu community has been around for 5 years + now ...we've played through Classic and Kunark about 10 times already.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 10:24 PM
we are talking about a server theoretically with the same pop or around the same population as around start.

stop saying we trying to cut server in half or bullshit like that its just an idea to TEST

literally 0 reason for any of you bad's to be mad.

rogean said your pixels safe no one trying to threaten your digital well being

Loli Pops
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Lawful Gay detected.

Proverbs28
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Lawful Gay detected.

not yet . well not in my state ne ways :(

SamwiseRed
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
You have like 80 people online most hours of the day are you suggesting half of that? for two servers? No one is not playing here because of item loot, YT, or teams. They just aint playing because the game is 14 years old. A horrible time sink! And no Velious. The PVP emu community has been around for 5 years + now ...we've played through Classic and Kunark about 10 times already.

ffa server 10 times, we are asking for something different. teams servers had more pop than ffa server on live. i imagine it would be the same here.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 05:47 AM
This isnt scientifically tested fact, but i think the reason why Red lost that 600 pop was mainly because of the xp loss in pvp. Because of the way it encourages zerging and left casuals as LOLcannonfodder for guilds like Holocaust, making it hard for the pop to grow.

It left no room for leaving pve aside for a couple of hours, and pvping it up as you would get backtracked in PVE progress. Left no room for guerilla pvp to counter zergs.

This might have worked if the server was launched at the same time as blue, the experience being fresh for everyone, so re-doing the PVE wouldnt be that bad (still bad though). But im guessing most of us had already leveled up on blue.

I think a new server is a good idea. Yeah it would split the pop, but some players like me have already quit red because of the way its set up, so you would gain those players. You will also gain some blue players, which in turn might bring over even more people. You might also gain some classic pvp people who never rolled on red, because they thought the custom setup of red was bad.

The teams, like Sirken mentioned, would kill part of the zerging problem by making sure casuals could just jump in or get help in a fight giving them breathing room to like the server and word to mouth it, making the server grow instead of steadily bleeding players. To me the best would be a classic Rallos set up server, but that time has come and gone.

It think it would be important to not start the server until alot of deliberations has been done on the forums so pitfalls like the xp loss can be avoided. Put out what they intend to do on forums so people can debate the inside outs on forums.
Beware of ambush opinions like Nihilum shouting down anyone on the forums who criticized xp loss because of the advantage it gave their zerging.

Item loss to me is easy to accept when server starts with it. You accept that the server will be caster heavy. You accept that you will wear your best gear only when rolling with a crew.

To me again the most important part is that Rogean/devs dont meddle in the chemistry by adding some bad custom shit like xp loss in pvp. It broke the Rallos magic, deciding that pvp shouldnt happen as much as it did on Rallos. No Gfay/Crushbone PK central fun times all day everyday. Maybe that wasnt his/their intention, but the result was the same. The server just isnt as much fun as Rallos was. If you start with the premise that lots of pvp is bad again, its gonna fail again because youre not going to attract the pop you need to. I mean, red is not a total failure, failure in the sense that it could have been much better.

Doors
01-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Wormoct was saying there should be teams long before this server existed.

Either way it's never going to happen. Rogean has said before he's never wiping either of his boxes, confirmed stubborn as fuk.

Kagatob
01-24-2013, 06:51 AM
The 'Teams':

The Good Alliance consists of: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare
The Evil Alliance consists of: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek
The Neutral Alliance consists of: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, Veeshan.

There are no Agnostics on Sullon Zek. With the new influence of the gods, those that had not declared for one deity or another have been killed. Everyone now worships a deity, if not out of respect, love or fear of the god, then out of fear for their lives at the hands of fanatics.

Barbarian Shaman and Warriors can choose to worship Mithaniel Marr. Mithaniel Marr was unwilling to abandon all of the noble barbarians that served the good, and many declared themselves in favor of an alliance with Good.

Monks will be able to worship Veeshan. The Temple in Qeynos has discovered some ancient writings that opened up new avenues.

We will be including a method for the Good and Neutral teams to use Summon Corpse or something similar in the near future.

Keep in mind that we will probably be making some changes to this server as things progress.

Enjoy!

Exactly this. Add in item loot and the FV RP style gameplay. Keep in mind, that means that ALL items (besides epics) are droppable/sellable/lootable. Now you have something going. I'd leave blue to play this.
Also "Summon" corpse isn't a very difficult thing to fix, just give mages the ability to "Summon" them, they can summon everything else anyway, it's really not that much of a stretch.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Item loot would never work. It just won't. I played Rallos Zek, it was fun, but it was the lowest pop pvp server as others said, and it was because of item loot. It was fun in its time, and they worked hard with resists, balancing, etc to make it work. No longer the case here...

maybe there should be a strict no Null agreement on this server, worst dev in p99, doesnt do anything, implements shitty custom resist system even though everyone on the server wants classic resists

This is also a huge part of the reason an item loot server would never work. It would need the far superior resist code of classic, but also need MUCH more proactive devs working towards nerfs (like wands, tstaff etc) to balance all the things in classic that would be overutilized and exploited now. Those sort of devs obviously don't exist, as compared to 2 years ago, patches are every 6 months instead of every few weeks.

Like already stated, woulnd't matter anyway. The same outcome would have happened had these rules been in, 100 percent guarantee it. I say would have, because if a server like this was added and it killed r99, many players, myself included, would never return.

Also, I personally don't like any MMO server where I can't kill any player. Its dumb. X-teaming is dumb.

RIP Rallos Zek.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
This is also a huge part of the reason an item loot server would never work. It would need the far superior resist code of classic, but also need MUCH more proactive devs working towards nerfs (like wands, tstaff etc) to balance all the things in classic that would be overutilized and exploited now. Those sort of devs obviously don't exist, as compared to 2 years ago, patches are every 6 months instead of every few weeks.

This is a good example of why a healthy debate is needed before the server would go live. I dont even know much about how resists work, but i know that i could try root on a twink on rallos 10 times and it wouldnt stick.

But we dont have many options, i think death has to sting somehow. If its not item loss, then maybe a heavily toned down xp loss in pvp could work. But i dont see that happening as devs seem to think xp loss is not a problem on red.

I would like alot more a server where the resists are like classic with item loss than some tacked on xp loss thing, personally.

I would say that there isnt much left to kill on red99, and i think if it would kill it, it would be indirectly. I dont see red growing alot more than it did. A team server might attract a bunch of brand new players that for various reasons would not roll on red, with griefing toned down, meaning potential to grow.

Exactly this. Add in item loot and the FV RP style gameplay. Keep in mind, that means that ALL items (besides epics) are droppable/sellable/lootable. Now you have something going. I'd leave blue to play this.

I think i would have quit the game if the halloween event of 2001 didnt come along and got me about 8-9 pieces of no drop gear. Im not aware of the rest of the no drop gear in the game though, beside the raid gear. Since there is no halloween event timeline here, im not sure how well noobs can equip themselves in no drop shit beside that gear. But it really helped me starting out, it was hard against twinks for a naked wiz.

I think the best thing for a new server would be to implement some events that drop some no drop gear, to help noobs, so that down the line brand new players can still have a chance. Just take a look at the stats of gear that dropped on the halloween event, and custom create some events happening every 2 months or something that lets noobs have a go at this gear. I made 3k plat just looting scythes in EK, that was a great start for a noob with my 8 pieces of no drop gear. Just basically do what went on live, as best as you can reproduce it. Werewolves in WC, Undead Dragon in Rathe, Spectres in EK, etc... I would even suggest more stuff like this. 12 year or so of MMO gaming, and that halloween event is STILL one of the best experiences ive done, with being part of a territory defense fleet of 70 players in eve online. It attracts players organically, without any need for GM intervention, and creates a great mix of PVE/PVP.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Death already stings plenty. Egos are huge on this server, people hate dying.

This server is far from being done, and the current system is actually the best all things considered. The only thing lacking here is dev attention. We have a lot of bugs and balances that could really be addressed, and a good number of them already have been worked on, but no patch has been put thru. Kunark isn't even done, and becomes even more fun with the release of epics and tradeskills patch.

Velious will be even bigger, especially when people playing on blue realize how problematic it will be having 2000 level 60 players competing for the same content with no ability to out-poopsock the biggest neckbeards and no lifers the mmo scene has ever seen. I predict those seeking refuge from blue will trickle over more and more, and the more players we get, the more enticing joining red will be.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Death already stings plenty. Egos are huge on this server, people hate dying.

It stings too much. At least with item loot you can adjust the level of sting you want. If you want to do some solo guerilla style pvp, you might opt to go basically naked and pvp for a couple of hours.

If you are doing some pve or pvp and rolling with a crew, then you put on some gear. If youre raiding, and expect PVP, you put on your best gear.

Etc...

Theres no adjustement with xp loss, it just stings, hard, and its detrimental to breathing-space fun pvp action. It advantages alot more twinks/old players than item loss would.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
bro not everyone afraid to lose pixels

some have non EQ self worth

Dullah
01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
It stings too much. At least with item loot you can adjust the level of sting you want. If you want to do some solo guerilla style pvp, you might opt to go basically naked and pvp for a couple of hours.

If you are doing some pve or pvp and rolling with a crew, then you put on some gear. If youre raiding, and expect PVP, you put on your best gear.

Etc...

Theres no adjustement with xp loss, it just stings, hard, and its detrimental to breathing-space fun pvp action.

Not trying to get into the folly of your arguments for the 100th time, but losing any pixels in EQ is 10x as bad as the few kills of experience you lose from a pvp death. You can literally get that exp back in under 15 minutes. Try replacing any piece of gear in EQ in 15 minutes.

You see how contrary you are to your own argument?

Probably not.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 09:45 AM
gear comes and goes. i lived in the hood growing up, if someone stole your bike, you went out and "found" yourself another,

if you die on a melee there is no fucking way its only 15 minute grind, no offense.

REMOVE xp loss., add item loot, yellow text . xp loss keeps people from wanting to contend. dont want to lose items? melees get no drops and wear banded mostly when theat of pvp. people will use blacksmiths and jewelers more

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Not trying to get into the folly of your arguments for the 100th time, but losing any pixels in EQ is 10x as bad as the few kills of experience you lose from a pvp death. You can literally get that exp back in under 15 minutes. Try replacing any piece of gear in EQ in 15 minutes.

You see how contrary you are to your own argument?

Probably not.

Youve completely avoided my point that you can decide which amount of gear you want to risk losing.

So if you lose 0 gear, you lose 0 time, beside the bars. What about no drop gear?

Edit: ^ Blacksmith gear, bagging.

Just the fact that you say a cookie-cutter amount of time for xp loss "15 minutes" (No mention of classes or levels) should have alarm bells ringing.

nilbog
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Cool things about item loot:
-players do quests for no drop items.
-twinks are gangbanged for their shiny pixels. instead of running from them. there's a reason to pvp other than zone control or simple griefing.
-separates pve looters from pvp looters

Bad things about item loot:
-losing primary, secondary, or ranged. detrimental to play a melee without a weapon (i would not support an implementation of item loot without those slots being protected. honestly i might go as far as to say for custom item loot, a melee spawns soulbound with the weapons they had equipped when they died)
-can't implement after server is established

I think every iteration of a pvp server should attempt item loot at launch. If it doesn't work, fine. If it does, great.

Also, casters shouldn't be able to meditate without seeing only their spell book prior to level 35. In before someone says casters are better than melee.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
lets face it nihilum neckbeards grindd for 6 months on a dead server (which no one is threatening) they all rolled int casters, largely exploited there way to the top. and dont want a fair leveling / playing field.

DESTIN thats ok BRO! WE UNDERSTAND!!!!

just stop trying to make your argument seem noble, its transparent why nihilum members dont want another server (even if red 99 (aka nizzars sandbox) was still up.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 10:00 AM
-twinks are gangbanged for their shiny pixels. instead of running from them. there's a reason to pvp other than zone control or simple griefing.

-losing primary, secondary, or ranged. detrimental to play a melee without a weapon (i would not support an implementation of item loot without those slots being protected. honestly i might go as far as to say for custom item loot, a melee spawns soulbound with the weapons they had equipped when they died)

I think every iteration of a pvp server should attempt item loot at launch. If it doesn't work, fine. If it does, great.

HAIL THE KING AND HIS REASONABLE IDEAS :)

Nilbog any word on what this would take from the community, if staff were willing?

Dullah
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
On a caster, 15 minutes. Maybe 20 minutes to restore pvp loss exp if you are a melee in a group.

You say you want risk, but then you keep saying you would pvp in no-drop gear which involves no risk at all.

Which is it?

RoguePhantom
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM

Also, casters shouldn't be able to meditate without seeing only their spell book prior to level 35. In before someone says casters are better than melee.

I like the soulbound melee stuff... until you get to the high levels. I don't want a monk to perma spawn with TStaff.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM

These things are true, but the present system would not facilitate item loot whatsoever. The vast majority would rage quit in a matter of weeks, if not days. We would need a completely classic revamp of resists, as well as many nerfs to balance out combat. No offense, but when we actually start seeing fixes on the long list of bugs that presently exist, I might dare to dream of a server with features such as item loot.

Also, weapon slots were not lootable on live.

I'd hardly have anything to worry about considering most of my gear is no-drop sky/vp, and I have better resist gear on my third alt than most people have on their mains because I actually pvp'd on a daily basis for the control of sebilis.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
dude destin your showing your a fucking idiot.

we said their is the OPTION if the fear of losing items exists.

sorry if it will add a dynamic to the server that isnt one guild of ex-exploiters from blue who poopsocked months on a dead server with numbers and gear advantage over every other guild.

you are shaking in your boots that two GM's commented on this.

you also have 0 respect from most of the eqemu pvp community.

so stop posting arguments which have been addressed in this thread already,

dont you have root nets to camp for Nizzar?

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I would myself add a custom set of nodrop gear maybe more for melees, but general idea would be to offset the harshness of gear loss a bit and help noobs get a footing on the server.

So a set of gear for maybe level 10ish, then level 25ish, then level40ish. It would be worse than a set of gear from around the same level that is currently in game.

Im not against custom things per se, i just think xp loss was not a good customization, specifically.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
dude destin your showing your a fucking idiot.

we said their is the OPTION if the fear of losing items exists.

sorry if it will add a dynamic to the server that isnt one guild of ex-exploiters from blue who poopsocked months on a dead server with numbers and gear advantage over every other guild.

you are shaking in your boots that two GM's commented on this.

you also have 0 respect from most of the eqemu pvp community.

so stop posting arguments which have been addressed in this thread already,

dont you have root nets to camp for Nizzar?

This guy so mad.

How many killshots did I get on you to make you this mad?

I'd win regardless of the rules in place. Not worried in the slightest.

Also, fyi, the vast majority of my "gear advantage" on all my characters are nonraid items. I think on my main, I have maybe 3 items equipped in pvp (1 weapon, sky mask, trak bp (no resists)) that even came from raiding. Rest is normal dungeon shit or stuff obtainable by any pick up group.

Come with more excuses though, I'm sure it will make you feel better if you just get it all out.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
It always comes down to this dullah when you intervene in discussions. Whats that about ego you were saying a page ago?

Dullah
01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Are you posting on both trades and proverbs, because you both keep answering for each other as if I addressed you in the others response. One for flaming, one for rational responses perhaps? You forgetting to switch accounts before you respond?

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
^ dude has never slain big iron lion in combat. assumes anyone who dislikes him has lost to him in pvp? no i quit your guild of exploiters and killed 4-5 of your lvl 50 members the next night in solb as a level 35 paladin.

but yeah, keep trying to slam dunk on alpha paladin.
and keep getting denied.

you have 0 nice things to say about the idea of a Teams PVP server which is completely unrelated to Red99 and your precious world of pixels.

We understand Lord Destin and Nihilum dont see eye to eye with 90% of the community that left the server.

So please, go camp uncontested content on red99. so i can go back to being mad at you killing me even though it must of been such a good ass whoopin it caused amnesia

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Allrite, im finally putting you on ignore Dullah, thats enough out of ya.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 10:24 AM
no idea who trades is. just addressing you to either say something different or positive, or stop spamming a thread / idea you dont care about.

everyone on here is well aware nihilum dosent want another server destin

thank you for sharing

Dullah
01-24-2013, 10:30 AM
^ dude has never slain big iron lion in combat. assumes anyone who dislikes him has lost to him in pvp? no i quit your guild of exploiters and killed 4-5 of your lvl 50 members the next night in solb as a level 35 paladin.

but yeah, keep trying to slam dunk on alpha paladin.
and keep getting denied.

you have 0 nice things to say about the idea of a Teams PVP server which is completely unrelated to Red99 and your precious world of pixels.

We understand Lord Destin and Nihilum dont see eye to eye with 90% of the community that left the server.

So please, go camp uncontested content on red99. so i can go back to being mad at you killing me even though it must of been such a good ass whoopin it caused amnesia

Yes, we don't see eye to eye with whiners and complainers who we've crushed off our server who can only come back to the forums and whine about exploits to excuse their badness. I'm actually not against teams, I think they would be great though I dislike x-healing etc and not having the ability to slay people on the same team as me when they act out and hide behind their alignment is not my idea of a good time.

ps. Killed you in west commons on Destin during classic prior to your joining our guild (pps. you were useless). Drink more green tea, I hear ginseng helps with memory.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
crushed off your server?

everyone knows you never killed me, hence no screen shot exists, and lord we all know you keep them, (i was virtually never in west commons lol)

I left your guild was not removed, because i found out you guys exploited dragons, and were basically a crew who was kicked off blue for exploiting.

sounds like your the mad one, trying to "grief" me by saying things arent true. I drink plenty of "green tea" but ginseng is not something that occurs naturally in it you dumbass. Ginseng is a root which is sometimes added to green tea.

i was never griefed off the server, i exposed amelindas corruption (Which was verified 2-3 months later) and my account was banned. it was never un banned.

i still occasionally shit on nihilum / azrael / flowers alts on a few low level toons i have for FUN you play eq for sustenance.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh you got me, ginseng isn't naturally in green tea. Wait, I didn't say it was.

Parroting the same rhetoric as the defeated just makes you sound mad. Please spare everyone your claims of virtue, no one gives a shit. The same illegitimate kill everyone loves to point back to was also first reported by the same people that utilized it. Maybe you've been out of touch with the going on here on red99 in the last year, but we don't need any exploits to be on top. What happened a year ago has no bearing on what we do today, and thats sit on the corpses of the defeated and slay dragons with a fraction of the numbers they required on live or blue.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
thats not true what happened then has 100% to do with everything that happens today.

there was a corrupt gm, with obvious favoritism towards you guys.
another guild which was RAPING YOUR TIGHT WHITE VIRGIN ASSHOLES every nite was banned for doing the SAME thing you did. only when they were gone did you guys rise.
SEVERAL players including my self were perma banned for nothing involving eq, just trying to get the servers (well known currupt GM amelinda,) out of your guilds pocket.

your members continue to SHIT sock, exploit, and RMT, and eat bans, its cool tho.

Im actually for real worried about hearbrands mental health tho,

he been playing way too much lately.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
infact i remember how bad you guys were at pvp. the first raid i was on with you guys, it was mostly EX Uprising members, and Karox / mantel / me, (milita members) who kept Cast / holo from wiping the raid whille u guys could PVE it up.

thats right , u guys had to be protected from pvp, by lower level "useless" guildies

your words might resonate with people who werent on server back then destin.

but everyone who was around back then knows the truth. including staff.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah? OH YEAH?

What about dat teams server

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah? OH YEAH?

What about dat teams server

this

Tycko
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
This is why we can't have nice things. Everything turns into a shit throwing contest.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
#1 - most people left because of no guard assist, opening lag, rage over the surprise mega xp bonus and earth pets . At launch on live, mage pets didn't cast a Oh root but a small (and I believe highish threat) aoe magic spell. Also note, you could resist it pretty well and not get hit with it 100% of the time with 150+ mr lol.

#2 - Here's what I did when I saw 6 people from another guild in zone that I knew were just going to come right for me: leave. Here's what other people did, sat there medding not paying any attention at all to their screen (this isn't a blue server who'da thunk it).

#3 - XP loss on death.. what a bad idea. At least you can bag up if you're attacked in an item loot system. The 4-5 corpse runs a day was enough for some people that QQ'd up my tells, 15-20% xp loss on top of it is more of a griefing mechanism than anyone could have ever hoped for. I mean really, people being taken from lvl 50 to 41 because they fell asleep at the computer. Lawl.

Much like all the other low pop, completely fucked up PVE servers on the EQ Emu list, a fucked up PvP server will also have a low pop.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Completely agree with all this except for the "can't" implement part on item loot.

The "can't" comes from the current resist system in my book. As much as I want item loot, I'd say absoutely not until a few spell lines are dramatically changed. All research on this is done and submitted too. You just won't be able to really effectively group vs group pvp in just planar no drop like you did on live with the problems that exist.

RZ had higher pop than quite a few blue servers too btw and certainly more than VZ or I think even TZ.

Teams is a fun twist... but, that would be the "can't after launch" to me.

Before anyone blue to the gills jumps in, some of the best times for you guys and the most exciting parts of the server are the best of the best fights... which obviously involve, pvp.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
I'd hardly have anything to worry about considering most of my gear is no-drop sky/vp

No! But you and Heartbrand and the rest of the pixel mongers won't be able to run around everywhere with your diamond resist gear, BCGs etc. You all aren't FULL no drop from VP and sky yet either.

You guys say it'd only benefit you, but I've seen you also champion things that only benefit you and it looks a lot like ... well this.

Where's Heartbrand coming after double wurmslayers?

The most important thing to you guys was fixing dragon resists which only YOU really are doing. You also want tstaffs nerfed because they're "easier" to acquire than raid loot and very powerful (see 8000 BTUs Smedy gif). Classic but... it does not benefit you so you want it removed.

Anytime I read a comment from your crew about "server population" or "would only benefit us" about this, I immediately dismiss the notion. In fact, you guys will absolutely be the first to complain if something like this is ever implemented. Where's Ezpk ranting about how terrible this would be? Or Bigslip?

You know what's bad? A guild of 40 people in full resist gear going around xp lossing (3% = 20-45minutes, if they can even solo it back at all) people in barely planar. It evens the playing field way more than you think.

You're also the last person I should have to say this to, probably, but CLASSIC RED = 4 lvl range, item loot minus primary/secondary/ranged + full coin. This is a far cry right now and not a great system unless you're in a well established group with very high play time that can afford to take xp losses for pvp. It completely discourages it and this is what you guys want.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a milk saucer to fill for this cat that got out of the bag, he's worked up quite a sweat.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Completely agree with all this except for the "can't" implement part on item loot.

The "can't" comes from the current resist system in my book. As much as I want item loot, I'd say absoutely not until a few spell lines are dramatically changed. All research on this is done and submitted too. You just won't be able to really effectively group vs group pvp in just planar no drop like you did on live with the problems that exist.

RZ had higher pop than quite a few blue servers too btw and certainly more than VZ or I think even TZ.

Teams is a fun twist... but, that would be the "can't after launch" to me.

Before anyone blue to the gills jumps in, some of the best times for you guys and the most exciting parts of the server are the best of the best fights... which obviously involve, pvp.

If nirgon could ignore the urge to play, hed be a good GM, dudes knowledge almost as vast as the whole in my heart caused by playing eq and still being virgin.

Rettii
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
its nice to see nilbog post, it really gives a warm and fuzzy feeling to know his opinions are somewhat in our favor

just wish we had obama to bring us change

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
If nirgon could ignore the urge to play, hed be a good GM, dudes knowledge almost as vast as the whole in my heart caused by playing eq and still being virgin.

More like good active dev. I can't be a better GM than Sirken, so I'm not going to try to be. I know I don't have the temperment for it and certain people just aren't allowed to be banned or suspended for their actions.... which would be my very first order of business.

Oh and I can resist the urge to play and be a dev, unlike some people.

Funny how resist problems go ignored so long but not too long into VP being progressed, we get fixes to raid mob AoE's that are a direct result of Null's changes (I'm a software dev, I realize unexpected things like this crop up and this is one thing I'd say fits the bill). PvE fixes DIRECTLY related to the red server. Where's the special PvP attention? That benefits everyone, not just the one guild with a dev in it in VP.

Dullah
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
No! But you and Heartbrand and the rest of the pixel mongers won't be able to run around everywhere with your diamond resist gear, BCGs etc. You all aren't FULL no drop from VP and sky yet either.

You guys say it'd only benefit you, but I've seen you also champion things that only benefit you and it looks a lot like ... well this.

Where's Heartbrand coming after double wurmslayers?

The most important thing to you guys was fixing dragon resists which only YOU really are doing. You also want tstaffs nerfed because they're "easier" to acquire than raid loot and very powerful (see 8000 BTUs Smedy gif). Classic but... it does not benefit you so you want it removed.

Anytime I read a comment from your crew about "server population" or "would only benefit us" about this, I immediately dismiss the notion. In fact, you guys will absolutely be the first to complain if something like this is ever implemented. Where's Ezpk ranting about how terrible this would be? Or Bigslip?

You know what's bad? A guild of 40 people in full resist gear going around xp lossing (3% = 20-45minutes, if they can even solo it back at all) people in barely planar. It evens the playing field way more than you think.

You're also the last person I should have to say this to, probably, but CLASSIC RED = 4 lvl range, item loot minus primary/secondary/ranged + full coin. This is a far cry right now and not a great system unless you're in a well established group with very high play time that can afford to take xp losses for pvp. It completely discourages it and this is what you guys want.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a milk saucer to fill for this cat that got out of the bag, he's worked up quite a sweat.

The whole only benefit you thing is really out the window. I play 3 very diverse classes, so any suggestion I post affects me negatively on one character or more. Futhermore, the t-staff thing obviously favors me seeing as how the guild I'm in has 5 of the 6 active t-staffs on the server (yes active staffs, not active monks, because the t-staff is more important than the player wielding it).

As far as pvp gear, yes I don't have full vp/sky, but I could fill every slot with decent nodrop items from what I'm capable of getting. I have full fear/hate gear, almost all sky quests done on my main and quite a few VP drops (probably quite a few more if 2 of the dragons weren't almost completely broken requiring a zerg force to take down). So... I'm not against it because of this, I can adapt. Its just a bad argument, I played RZ and I played here and I prefer this system as far as loot is concerned mainly because it caters to a larger pop, theres just no arguing it. Been tried and tested. Not really a big fan of exp loss, but its whatever to me...

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
#1 - most people left because of no guard assist, opening lag, rage over the surprise mega xp bonus and earth pets . At launch on live, mage pets didn't cast a Oh root but a small (and I believe highish threat) aoe magic spell. Also note, you could resist it pretty well and not get hit with it 100% of the time with 150+ mr lol.

#2 - Here's what I did when I saw 6 people from another guild in zone that I knew were just going to come right for me: leave. Here's what other people did, sat there medding not paying any attention at all to their screen (this isn't a blue server who'da thunk it).

#3 - XP loss on death.. what a bad idea. At least you can bag up if you're attacked in an item loot system. The 4-5 corpse runs a day was enough for some people that QQ'd up my tells, 15-20% xp loss on top of it is more of a griefing mechanism than anyone could have ever hoped for. I mean really, people being taken from lvl 50 to 41 because they fell asleep at the computer. Lawl.

Much like all the other low pop, completely fucked up PVE servers on the EQ Emu list, a fucked up PvP server will also have a low pop.

This is just an outsider's opinion, but most of the bluebies I knew at the time quit because of griefing and more importantly a lack of valid playstyles on the server. It was either hardcore grindgrindgrind to max or end up with no one to play with other than twinks out to PK you. The attitude that EQ starts at 50+ is a silly one, and imo the fact that so many people were calling for xp bonuses and removing xp death in pvp instead of just playing and enjoying the game helped to kill red. EQ is like a chatroom with stuff to do, and when it became more about getting on top and winning than hanging out and having fun, much of the playerbase that I knew felt alienated and quit.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I do paint my picture of what needs to be fixed with a very broad stroke.

There's PvE fixes that should exist like Hoshkar and CT not quadding when they have 2 weapons on their loot table. And, for the "must make it perfect fanatic", dragons and other non humanoids shouldn't show slash/crush/pierce based on what they have either.

It's just very unsettling to see that of all the nuances and little things that someone needed to keep up with regarding Null's resist implementation that a PvE fix was way at the top of the list... one that really only benefits one group than the good of the server.

Red99 was a very rough playground, and many people went into it with a kill kill kill mentality. If you were a solo player, it was hard. If you were a solo player and rolled a melee, you were just naive. But EQ PvP (and how all PvP really is) is about getting your come-uppins as a new player. Some people had very thin skin and thought there was some kind of code of chivalry to be followed.

I've played on blue (more than you realize) and there's a very thin skinned mentality when it comes to disputes. Everything is an outrage if you so happen to miff someone. Well, if you're one of those people, you were just headed for a nervous break down here.

And the lack of play style! Twinks murdering! Exactly! This is what item loot cures. You can log in and try your hand at pvping for items without being in a raid guild. It's something you look forward to logging in and doing. And, of course, the bigger the game you chase, the bigger the score.

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
This is just an BLUBIE VIRGINS opinion, but most of the bluebies I knew at the time quit because of griefing . . It was either hardcore gretprisonraped to max or end up with no one to play because i suck. The attitude that EQ starts at when you log on is a silly one, and imo the fact that we cant RMT made many people like myself mad. EQ is like a virtual world that makes me feel better about being a modern day louis and clark exploring the valleys of virginity, and it has some cool stuff to do, and when it became more about getting on anally rapedand winning semmed impossible much of the playerbase that I knew felt alienated and quit.

stop being a Permabad, and play real eq.

Cwall 52.0
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
nilbog

pls

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
stop being a Permabad, and play real eq.

I think he can speak for the 500 (read: the real majority) or so people that everyone forgets that quit. There were some VERY blue and just generally inexperienced faces.

They'd do way better levelling up here now I'm sure that the big dogs have left their levelling areas and guard assist works.

However, a run in with Jibekn's paladin would send them packing from the server (wtb item lewt).

No one is going to quit over losing their raw hide tunic or newbie training robe. It doesn't discourage population like that.

Now, someone who is careless will probably lose a raid loot and cry foul. The other person, someone who can't get a raid target to save their life will have their reasons for pvping validated and will be rewarded for killing a raid geared player. But hey, don't be dumb and it won't happen.

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I do paint my picture of what needs to be fixed with a very broad stroke.

There's PvE fixes that should exist like Hoshkar and CT not quadding when they have 2 weapons on their loot table. And, for the "must make it perfect fanatic", dragons and other non humanoids shouldn't show slash/crush/pierce based on what they have either.

It's just very unsettling to see that of all the nuances and little things that someone needed to keep up with regarding Null's resist implementation that a PvE fix was way at the top of the list... one that really only benefits one group than the good of the server.

Red99 was a very rough playground, and many people went into it with a kill kill kill mentality. If you were a solo player, it was hard. If you were a solo player and rolled a melee, you were just naive. But EQ PvP (and how all PvP really is) is about getting your come-uppins as a new player. Some people had very thin skin and thought there was some kind of code of chivalry to be followed.

I've played on blue (more than you realize) and there's a very thin skinned mentality when it comes to disputes. Everything is an outrage if you so happen to miff someone. Well, if you're one of those people, you were just headed for a nervous break down here.

And the lack of play style! Twinks murdering! Exactly! This is what item loot cures. You can log in and try your hand at pvping for items without being in a raid guild. It's something you look forward to logging in and doing. And, of course, the bigger the game you chase, the bigger the score.

I loved item loot in the very early days of VZ, too, but I feel it does benefit the raiding guilds over the average player. Back on live I always wanted to see a RP-PvP server, where they made all items droppable like on FV and still had item loot. That would really benefit this Nihilum-heavy server imo.

And I guess some blue players are thin-skinned, but what's so bad about having some kind of chivalrous code of honor? Red could probably have retained more players if not *everyone* chose to approach it with an attitude of "us vs. the entire server". I think teams would have helped the population out a great deal.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
i think alot of you would enjoy hard coded teams if you gave it a chance. most vz/tz/sz people would agree it adds more incentive to pvp and be a team player. it also gives new players a sense of belonging, from lvl 1 they are part of the ____ team. just being active contributes to the success of that team. you see a lot more help from higher level players as well because they arent just helping some random scrub who may or may not join the opposition at a later time. most importantly it makes pvp have meaning other than gimme dat camp or just killing some random. teams pvp for maximum eq immersion.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Hard to not be "us vs the entire server" when you're 40-50 of the 115 or so. And probably like 40-50 of the 70 that are 50+.

Sam we don't have the pop for teams pal. Teams are certainly a fun twist and I'd play it (evil, I'm not going to gimp myself).

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi, my name is Bad. My brothers mad, sad, fat, gay, and dum rolled with me on red, and we got griefed off. WTB new server for all the wrong reasons.

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Hard to not be "us vs the entire server" when you're 40-50 of the 115 or so. And probably like 40-50 of the 70 that are 50+.

Sam we don't have the pop for teams pal. Teams are certainly a fun twist and I'd play it (evil, I'm not going to gimp myself).

Teams could revive the server, if they could somehow be implemented in spite of all the account trading and several teams on one account things.

Cwall 52.0
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
you know what might revive the server?

fixing resists and yellow text

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
This is just an outsider's opinion, but most of the bluebies I knew at the time quit because of griefing and more importantly a lack of valid playstyles on the server. It was either hardcore grindgrindgrind to max or end up with no one to play with other than twinks out to PK you. The attitude that EQ starts at 50+ is a silly one, and imo the fact that so many people were calling for xp bonuses and removing xp death in pvp instead of just playing and enjoying the game helped to kill red. EQ is like a chatroom with stuff to do, and when it became more about getting on top and winning than hanging out and having fun, much of the playerbase that I knew felt alienated and quit.

That was the first thing that hit me and didnt feel like classic Rallos. A super long hardcore PVE grind race to the top, where PVP is punished by the ruleset and seen as a hurdle to faster PVEing to poopsockers. As for xp death in pvp, yeah i called for removing xp death because it prevented me from enjoying the game. It meant that people in general avoided pvp instead of dropping PVE and engaging hostiles in zone when it happened.

In contrast, took me 1.5 years to get to 44 on live because each of the zone i got in had fun pvp on the regular happening there.

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 01:02 PM
you know what might revive the server?

fixing resists and yellow text

I honestly don't get this yellow text thing. It wouldn't bother me if implemented, but how could it ever bring more people to the server? Just kinda seems like a "meh" feature that would make EQ feel more like a FPS game. Would anyone that left actually come back if it were added in? Why would this ever be the deciding factor for a player?

Agree with fixing resists though.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
not trying to revive server with teams. im talking about a future server. also pop is split up between nilly/she/azreak/flowers/guild1/guild2/guild3/guild4/guildless

breaking that up into 3 hard coded teams would be better for a low pop. maybe not for raiding VP but for server health its good.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
No denying it really.

People getting perma rooted by mage pets regardless of gear etc is a top issue. Not some PvE content that one guild has access to.

I can overlook so many things, but I don't remember VZTZ ever having anything that stupid happening in their resist system. Feel free to correct me, I didn't play it as hardcore as most.

Actually, can we get a response on why the decision was made to fix a few raid dragons (result of Null's coding, totally specific to red) over fixing resists here? Makes me want to get the torches and pitch forks again.

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
That was the first thing that hit me and didnt feel like classic Rallos. A super long hardcore PVE grind race to the top, where PVP is punished by the ruleset and seen as a hurdle to faster PVEing to poopsockers. As for xp death in pvp, yeah i called for removing xp death because it prevented me from enjoying the game. It meant that people in general avoided pvp instead of dropping PVE and engaging hostiles in zone when it happened.

In contrast, took me 1.5 years to get to 44 on live because each of the zone i got in had fun pvp on the regular happening there.

My blue friends told me they tended to take mostly PvE deaths during PvP because people would wait for them to pull before attacking, or root them as they tried to quad or w/e. Not one of them complained to me about the huge xp hit for PvP deaths :P

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
My blue friends told me they tended to take mostly PvE deaths during PvP because people would wait for them to pull before attacking, or root them as they tried to quad or w/e. Not one of them complained to me about the huge xp hit for PvP deaths :P

Well thats because they were too blue.

Doing /who regularly is something you learned to do very early on Rallos, and filling a shitlist.

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Well thats because they were too blue.

Doing /who regularly is something you learned to do very early on Rallos, and filling a shitlist.

And here's where that chivalry comes in, imo. On VZ we waited for the enemies to finish killing their NPCs before engaging (except with some guilds who were way mean and liked to CC/train and whatever). Maybe seems blue to some, but the attackers still had the upperhand because the NPCs hurt their hp/mana pools.

Cutthroat tactics have their place, but is it appropriate in every situation? idk

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Swearing got me kiting guards, shadowstep took me to the bottom of the water in north karana.

But with proper resists, I wouldn't have gotten rooted or snared.

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
And here's where that chivalry comes in, imo. On VZ we waited for the enemies to finish killing their NPCs before engaging (except with some guilds who were way mean and liked to CC/train and whatever). Maybe seems blue to some, but the attackers still had the upperhand because the NPCs hurt their hp/mana pools.

Cutthroat tactics have their place, but is it appropriate in every situation? idk

Yeah on Rallos we had PKs and anti-PKs, which you learned early who was who as well. I dont think people ever frowned on rooting someone who was fighting a mob, as long as you were doing it to the other side.

We call it tactical advantage where im from

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
yall posting too fast for me to come up with responses for your neckbeardism

gonna keep it to 3 word adjectives

BAD

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
BAD

At ForumQuest

Cwall 52.0
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Actually, can we get a response on why the decision was made to fix a few raid dragons (result of Null's coding, totally specific to red) over fixing resists here? Makes me want to get the torches and pitch forks again.

because nihilum has a developer in their guild

Dark Team
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Yeah on Rallos we had PKs and anti-PKs, which you learned early who was who as well. I dont think people ever frowned on rooting someone who was fighting a mob, as long as you were doing it to the other side.

We call it tactical advantage where im from

Well there are multiple approaches to EQ PvP, and I'm not saying any one is better than another. Just seems like the server could have retained some more players had the players not been so ruthless about their tactical advantages. You were condemning the dev decision to include xp death upon PK, but you're fine with NPCs being used to your advantage in PvP. Seems kind of odd.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM

Seperate thread is already made.

I'd really like to know why something like that was prioritized.

We were told "gotta wait on Null for fixes to his stuff"

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
well i took your advice and stopped dualweilding against these neckbeards and their level 60 immersion DS. give me a new sig to use as a2hs on forumquest and ill be level 60 in not time too.

Tomatoking
01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
17 pages of you got trolled

Proverbs28
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
17 pages of you got trolled

playing on either server feels like being trolld at this point

pretty sure DEV's . GMs artificially boost the pop numbers so we dont all quit.

the joy and entertainment the gms siphone from man drama and from all the whining and bitching(as well as having access to chat logs) is prolly why they keep it up.

shit prolly hilarious to nilbog, sirken, and rogean.

as it should be lol. a bunch of man children engaging in pixialted jihad in a world i created would give me a strange sense of joy / god complex

Tomatoking
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
server was created as a side project for paypal income

to not realize this is to not realize the truth

red was only given to get the assholes off blue to clean it up

exists only for RMT

Combobreaker
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
More like good active dev. I can't be a better GM than Sirken, so I'm not going to try to be. I know I don't have the temperment for it and certain people just aren't allowed to be banned or suspended for their actions.... which would be my very first order of business.

Oh and I can resist the urge to play and be a dev, unlike some people.

Funny how resist problems go ignored so long but not too long into VP being progressed, we get fixes to raid mob AoE's that are a direct result of Null's changes (I'm a software dev, I realize unexpected things like this crop up and this is one thing I'd say fits the bill). PvE fixes DIRECTLY related to the red server. Where's the special PvP attention? That benefits everyone, not just the one guild with a dev in it in VP.

nilbog
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Thread turned to shit. Good job. Not reading anymore.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Okay so Tomatoking and this new poster pissed you off and we all suffer.

(Cwall, well, I thought you'd be used to him by now)

SamwiseRed
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
server was created as a side project for paypal income

to not realize this is to not realize the truth

red was only given to get the assholes off blue to clean it up

exists only for RMT

shit is bannable now. new forum rules brah

Tradesonred
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM

See thats a problem here... punishing everyone for a couple of tards.

Ok, a bunch of tards.

HippoNipple
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Nilbog - I read your post and then went through the last couple pages. I don't see anything that bad about the posts personally, maybe some were deleted. Dullah and TomoatoKing had a couple troll posts but that was it. I guess the rest of us have gotten used to it and just know to ignore it.

I saw a lot of constructive criticism along with some perspective from some blue players. I logged into blue a month or so ago and was bored within 20 minutes because of how camped and crowded everything was. People in full raid gear were literally waiting hours in line to camp something in lguk. It made no sense at all. I think it would be good to have a pvp server that appealed to a larger crowd to take some of the burden off of blue.

As samwise mentioned teams would actually help a low population server and as of right now when you start out it is you against 100 other teams. If you see anyone in your zone that is in range it is an enemy and you will not be grouping with them.

I don't understand people saying it will split things up too much with a low population. If you added Nihilum, Azreal, FoH and she looks 18 and divided by 3 there would be a big enough 50+ population to raid. There would also hopefully be a larger population : red99 players, blue 99 players, 20-50 players from other servers. It wouldn't be insane to expect 100-200 at peak times after the initial rush.

I like red99 because it is the largest population pvp server. It has had the most work (borrowed from blue of course) and is the most polished but it is my least favorite for community and server rules. Servers like LoZ and current VZ/TZ have much better rules but the fun fizzles out because they have to have 10x exp just to try to compete. Red99 has won the population battle but the rules and attention from devs is actually the worst out there.

Leftoverture
01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
If you started it over with teams and all the things being fixed that really killed r99 at the start (guard assist, recharging, exp rate) it would hold population better

Jadian
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Started reading this thread 100% convinced I'd play again if a team pvp were to open, now after seeing all the retards smacking their faces into their keyboards for the last several pages and really only agreeing with Nirgon of all people I just dunno wtf to think anymore.

Nirgon
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Cool side of the pillow feel good don't it Jadian

Rettii
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Box will never restart so ur wasting memory by talking about it on forum. Let's focus on something actually doable.

Potus
01-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Item loot doesn't work, it's never worked, and it never will work.

Teams are great though.

Jadian
01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Cool side of the pillow feel good don't it Jadian

I was always on the cool side I stay away from the flames.

This server is a good idea. The people who will play it will probably make it suck though. After my stints on blue and red I just have no faith left.

Vile
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM

Funny thing is I've tried to apply going back to August, to become anything to help this server, guide, gm, developer.... ANYTHING.... and I eventually got word back that the powers that be just don't like me :D

I still bump my application post whenever they say they're looking for help...

HippoNipple
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Item loot doesn't work, it's never worked, and it never will work.

Teams are great though.

I don't know your definition of working but it was a lot of fun on live. It was the most fun I had on EQ. I lost interest in the game after it was over.

Rushmore
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM