PDA

View Full Version : Lavastorm issue

SpaceTimeBadass
01-21-2013, 09:40 AM
So I zoned into lavastorm and crashed, and I crash every time I try to log back in with that character. I've already deleted the files that were supposed to fix this error (actually some of the files were already not there, but I deleted the remaining ones-- yes the correct ones) and it still isn't working.
And since I've had friends set up this game for me twice already because I'm technologically unable to so I don't think a reinstall is in order.
Is there a way that someone could possibly put me in a safe zone-- say EC-- and I'll never make the error of trying to zone there again?
The character's name is Dontsteponme
Thanks for your time.

maximum
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
And since I've had friends set up this game for me twice already because I'm technologically unable to...

Probably need to have your friend(s) uninstall and reinstall, then follow the Setup Guide (https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651).

SpaceTimeBadass
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
And since I've had friends set up this game for me twice already because I'm technologically unable to ... I don't think a reinstall is in order.

Tbh I don't care if I ever have the ability to zone into lavastorm, I just want my character back.

From the threads that I've read deleting the files for lavastorm, nektulous, and the arena hasn't worked for everyone. I am in this percentage and I've even seen where GM's have relocated the player elsewhere in this situation. I would love the same courtesy being that all my accumulated wealth is on my stuck character.

Extunarian
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
From the threads that I've read deleting the files for lavastorm, nektulous, and the arena hasn't worked for everyone

If it didn't work for someone, they did it wrong. Re-read and make sure you delete the files noted AND ONLY those files.

This has happened to me twice and both times removing the proper files fixed the issue for me.

Ambrotos
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
You will still be stuck under ground most times after removing the files. You would have to petition.

Also remember when you do delete the files, make sure you really do it. I know on Win 7 I had to cut and paste to desktop then delete them in order for it to take.

Petition in game to be moved.

SpaceTimeBadass
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Sirken took care of me. Yay! Thanks for your input peeps