PDA

View Full Version : Necro Pulling Strategies

Splorf22
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
So I've been borrowing a friend's necro a bit. Seems like a basically fun class. I don't have a circlet of shadow yet, but I'm hoping to do some cool stuff with FD splitting. What I know how to do:

Run up/taunt mob/run away while spamming circlet (SKs only obviously)
Root one, drag thing two of out aggro range, root thing two, FD.
Lull enchanter-style (undead only)
Dot/FD/standup-and-CoS (nerfed)

I'm sure necros are capable of a lot more than that, so let's hear it!

leezard
01-20-2013, 11:50 PM
screaming terror is useful, altho i do not know at what level it becomes useless. fairly long stun plus chance to mem blur. So if your splitting two mobs, ST one and bring the other out of range to agro then either FD or chance mem blur working, pet the pulled mob and you got a split.

Swish
01-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Screaming Terror is incredibly useful. ST one mob, the other will come naturally. FD, set pet on active mob...and don't get up until Screaming Terror wears off. Then go about your necro business as usual, set dots and carry on with Netflix :)

Splorf22
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Sure but that will only split 2.

Autotune
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
There are tons of ways to split depending on your race, the mob type, the dmg the mob puts out, the room to which you have to work and the angles you can use to los pulls.

Hide is very beneficial to pulling, more-so than invis.
Manaskin is useful on mobs that don't hit like trucks.
Screaming terror is useful on a handful of mobs given adequate room.
Charm can be very useful as well on rooms with mobs you wouldn't want to risk a resist of undead lul.
A pet can be used similar to charm on mobs that don't hit like trucks.

This is about all I'm willing to say, it's up to you to figure out how to use the tactics and figure out the combinations that can be used.

Zozo
01-21-2013, 01:49 PM
My favorite way to pull rooms in howling stones is opening with charm tab target and send pet on target, all other mobs will immediately attack your pet. You have to be quick tho or you will eat many harmtouches. If you don't think you can do it fast enough then give yourself enough room to harmshield after casting charm. There are safer ways but its satisfying. Root followed by FD is a great way to lessen any pull by 1 mob atlleast. If you use the gobby goo immobilize thing that the slimes drop you can use that and then instantly feign death with no recovery time (has it uses)

Splorf22
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
This is about all I'm willing to say, it's up to you to figure out how to use the tactics and figure out the combinations that can be used.

Hey, I wrote a huge guide about all my tricks!

Autotune
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey, I wrote a huge guide about all my tricks!

Lol, that takes all the fun out of learning the tricks for yourself tho. A much greater sense of accomplishment imo.

If you have a specific pull you want advice with tho, I'd be willing to drop some advice on it.

Splorf22
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Alright, the one I'm really curious about is my buddy the spore king of course.

Autotune
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Alright, the one I'm really curious about is my buddy the spore king of course.

I'd suggest using a pet (EoT) to aggro them all and then pull the king off him, singling him out from the group. Once you have the king away from the group he spawns with, it's just a matter of other pull techniques to keep him single.

I'm not sure if invis pulling still works with/without a dot or what have you.

But even if he comes with others, there is a way to summon another pet to help split him from those mobs as well, this will leave the original mobs further back and help to split the newer mobs from the mob you want.

(this is hard to do if you don't keep track of PHs very well, but a weak dot can help with that)

Edit: I've been told that invis pulling still works soo.....

Glasken
02-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd suggest using a pet (EoT) to aggro them all and then pull the king off him, singling him out from the group. Once you have the king away from the group he spawns with, it's just a matter of other pull techniques to keep him single.

I'm not sure if invis pulling still works with/without a dot or what have you.

But even if he comes with others, there is a way to summon another pet to help split him from those mobs as well, this will leave the original mobs further back and help to split the newer mobs from the mob you want.

(this is hard to do if you don't keep track of PHs very well, but a weak dot can help with that)

Edit: I've been told that invis pulling still works soo.....

Autotune, I love your posts and the advice you give you. I have to take issue with one thing though: Your .gif sig makes it REALLY hard to browse the forums while at work =P

<3