PDA

View Full Version : What is your end game?

eqravenprince
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Did you experience end game content in original EQ before Kunark?
Did you experience end game content in Kunark before Velious?
Did you experience end game content in Velious before Luclin?

I'm just curious what percentage of people actually got to the end game content when it was still the end game. I bought EQ the week it came out in 99, but I didn't have a character higher than level 20 until Velious came out. I would say it's mainly because I didn't have the patience to grind out experience and I am an altaholic.

Wenai
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I am also an altaholic. My raid experience is minimum (I did some Velious/Luclin targets just prior to the release of PoP). I always wanted to raid, but I had a friend who I trio'd with every day that hated raids so I never did it much. As far as gear went, when I quit just after GoD was released, I was wearing a full set of Rune Etched on my Shaman haha.

Boomlaor
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I was a casual player until 2004 or so when I joined a raiding guild which started out a couple of expansions behind, and caught up to the endgame in OOW. I quit about the time PoR came out.

President
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Remember leading pick-up Naggy and Hate raids around a little bit after Kunark came out. Never killed Inno though.

Never really did any end game Kunark either.. a little bit of whatever plane Tunare was in and some NToV later down the road, some velk.. not a ton really..

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
I did a few pick up naggy raids during Kunark until I finally got leveled up and in a decent guild. They almost always ended badly.

I fondly remember doing Trak/VS, but I can't recall if it was before or after Velious came out. I know that by the time Velious was out there were bigger and better things to do, so I never got the chance to raid HS or some of the other fun zones in Kunark. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

doraf
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't play alts so I owned it all.

Ehud
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I spent most of my time with altitis as well. I did about half the planes with a troll SK and then did a lot of quad kiting alone with a Druid. My highest character was like 64.

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
I played a Mage during Vanilla through Kunark and raided a bit with LoSduring Kunark when they needed CoH bitches.

Started on FV as a wizard when it opened and was in a top 2 guild there until OoW (? maybe...whichever had Riftseekers Sanctum). I can say I was never in VP though out of all the older zones.

guineapig
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I was in a pretty big but still family type guild starting around Luclin. When PoP came out and the majority of us had at least 1 character at 65 we started raiding all the content in Kunark, Velious and Luclin that we could handle, I think we managed most of them (you can probably figure out which ones we skipped.)

From the gear and skill we gained on those we started slowly working our way through tier 1 and then tier 2. LoY was already out by the time most of us were flagged for Tier 3. And things kind of fell apart at that point with people moving on to raiding guilds and others concentrating on getting LoY gear (because they gave up hope on us getting to the end game.

I stopped playing for a month or 2 and came back when GoD came out for a little bit at which point the guild had lost all sense of direction and was tagging along with other guilds for flags and newer content. At that point I realized that I would be playing catch up forever with "necessary gear", "necessary flags" and "necessary AA's and I just quit for good.

I'm kind of hoping that I can make it to 50 this time before Kunark comes out but I'm married now and just don't have the time I did back then. I just hope I'll find a guild that's on the same time line as me because the only raid mob I have ever seen from the old world is Vox a few times. Yeah, I know it's sad.

eqravenprince
11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm kind of hoping that I can make it to 50 this time before Kunark comes out but I'm married now and just don't have the time I did back then. I just hope I'll find a guild that's on the same time line as me because the only raid mob I have ever seen from the old world is Vox a few times. Yeah, I know it's sad.

I've only seen Vox and Phinny. Never any of the planes raid mobs and not Nafagen. And none of the raid mobs from Kunark and Velious.

Bigcountry23
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Altaholic and jumped servers several times when new ones would start. (Fennin ro to Lanys, Lanys to Stromm, some Maylin Starpyre in there as well). Never saw end game when it was end game. Alwasy got distracted and after LDON I was alwasy an expansion behind everyone else.

Glam
11-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I playeed HC and was raiding endgames every week since my guild "Istid" on AB was the top 2 guild on the server.

Seen every instance up to GoD when I stopped to play 2004 (when WoW started, raided everything in WoW to and been a GM for 3 years for Ronin Of Sweden on Ragnaros, end games ofc).

The last year have I been playing on Equ servers and raided hate/fear alot of times even a few times in Air.