PDA

View Full Version : What am I expected to tank?

Josa
01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I have a 15 dwarf pally pretty well equipped for a non twink, but I am curious what I am expected to tank? I figure a poll may be best, please feel free to leave a comment as well!

I realize that I forgot to include yellows in the poll, so add them in with the even fights, as they don't seem much harder to tank than evens.

I ask this because I felt well equipped to tank until last night when a skeletal monk rocked me even with a 19 cleric in our group on heals. Had about 700hp with buffs up and. Full bronze, as well as 70 dodge and a shield ...

We had plenty of dps and weren't in bad shape, I am just concerned that I may new under geared for my level. If that is the case I guess I will be farming bandits tonight for enough yo get some deep water stuff and 55 HP rings. Everyone but one of my group got out last night besides me, so I guess I did my job.

Furme
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I have a 15 dwarf pally pretty well equipped for a non twink, but I am curious what I am expected to tank? I figure a poll may be best, please feel free to leave a comment as well!

I realize that I forgot to include yellows in the poll, so add them in with the even fights, as they don't seem much harder to tank than evens.

I ask this because I felt well equipped to tank until last night when a skeletal monk rocked me even with a 19 cleric in our group on heals. Had about 700hp with buffs up and. Full bronze, as well as 70 dodge and a shield ...

We had plenty of dps and weren't in bad shape, I am just concerned that I may new under geared for my level. If that is the case I guess I will be farming bandits tonight for enough yo get some deep water stuff and 55 HP rings. Everyone but one of my group got out last night besides me, so I guess I did my job.

Blues / whites / yellows
occasionally light reds (1 level above yellow)

Upstairs in unrest is right around 20-25 level mobs.. A skeletal monk is by far one of the more difficult mobs in unrest.. I'd say he ranks right up there with werebats.. The reason for this is that he quads (dual wields and double attacks) as well as using monk kicks/strikes etc.. on a bad round he can hit you for around 300 damage (4 60+ish hits (240) and a strike for 30 (270)) .

If you get one that just so happens to be level 25 and you're 19.. bye bye group..

*Note: When I was levelling a cleric at fireplace we had a tank who was geared to the teeth, and was level 19.. he kept getting wrecked by stuff skeletal monks, werebats, etc.. We decided to swap it up and let the person who was 25 but in much crappier gear tank.. and he breezed through.. there were a couple soft spots on some of the harder mobs, but no where near as many as with the lower level tank..

That being said though, Keep levelling in unrest, stick to the MR camp for a couple more levels or if you find a FP group go as DPS not a tank..

The higher money camps come at higher level.. Yes, you need a little money now and then for spells and gears.. but if you want the big moneys and the much better gear you have to get to a decent cash camp :D

Josa
01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the tip! I was just amazed how fast he wiped the floor with me, as I have never played a tank before. I thought I had done something wrong as well since half my group deserted before I had even run back from gfay. And of course the people who left were the ones who suggested we move into the main room rather than pull to the right corner of the yard... This made me want to just roll a mage or monk and forget tanking, even though I have enjoyed it to this point.

Splorf22
01-18-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56577

Josa
01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the info! I probably will stick around unrest for a while, but I do wish that befallen had people in it. It seems like a dungeon so close to the common lands would be inhabited.

SamwiseRed
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
i dont see lightblues/greens as an option. poll is bias

Pyrion
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
As others have said already, the skeletal monk is a beast. Strategy should be to go all out on it so it dies very very fast. Maybe even the cleric should undead nuke. Dont know how good is the damage potential of your group. You could even try to root/nuke it as it does not have unusual HP for its level, just dishes out a lot of damage. Stuns maybe helpfull as well (and slows obviously).

Josa
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah. I've had some more experience in unrest since posting this, and basically have come to the conclusion that I was just in a group where 3/4 of the people were only interested in power leveling . They were antsy if mobs weren't chain pulled to them and all were yellows, and dropping like flies.