PDA

View Full Version : my eru nec: woot ding level journal

Rayge
01-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Just decided to rejoin p99, I have rolled an eru nec and hit my first level. I played in the original EQ beta, and have never played either and erudite or a necro past level 10. This forum posting will be my play-by-play. Don't expect it to update that often as I work full time and have 2 kids, but when I level, I'll put it here.

Day 1: Wewtding 2

I created my character, turned in my 'gimmie free gear' note to the GM, and set to finding my way out of Paineel, which is easier said than done. After getting out, I killed decaying skeletons to get a quarter stack of bone chips, and hunted enough bats for part of the GM turn in. Ding 2!

Freshly dung two, I tried to take on a now yellow con undead rat. Bad idea, those guys are mean!! I managed to get to the guards in time to save my skin, though. I hunted for some snakes without much luck, killed Noclin's Pet for the +10 mana bone, and signed off to go to work.

Rayge
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Day 1.1: My First Death

I managed to get a little more time on EQ, and discovered that the paneel guards won't protect me from beetles? I was fighting a beetle, and his buddy jumped in the help against me, so I ran. The guards did nothing, so I died :( Oh well. This time I was able to get out of Paineel easily, recovered my corpse without problem.

I'm trying to decide if I want to just kill newbie stuff til level 4, so I can go buy the slightly better pet, or go buy the level one pet now that I have a few silver. comment with advice or offers of snake fang donation if you like :)

Itap
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Buy the lvl 1 pet, it makes getting to 4 that much easier. Just tank while the pet melees, back out once you get low hp, tap it a couple times, and get back in range to take some more hits.

Rayge
01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
thanks for the advice itap! My old eq pal is telling I really need to go to crushbone to level, he's going to arrange a teleport. I'm a bit leery, I remember a few patrolling guards in GFay, but it should be doable. and I do love crushbone.

Rayge
01-18-2013, 02:06 AM
day 1.2:

My good bro got me a TP to BB and a green int robe and a sacrificial dagger. I'm a warrior in cloth! woo. and also I now have 8 backpacks with every spell up to 16, lol.

We duo'd in the GFay noob zone after getting me a bind, and I dung 3 right at midnight! One more level to a new pet, two levels til I can start farming orcs! o7

Urbanzkopf
01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Welcome back to the server :)! I came back to P99 after a long break and the first char I rolled was an eru necro too so you will go far ;)

However, the necro got ditched several months ago and here I am now with a druid main :D

Estu
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Freshly dung two

I dung 3 right at midnight!

Interesting choice of past tense... is your character some kind of poop-sorcerer?

Rayge
01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
We prefer the term 'bowelmancer' my good sir.

Estu
01-18-2013, 07:33 PM

Enjoyed.

Taffan
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Keep up the good work bro :)

Tecmos Deception
01-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Not sure how I feel about taking an erudite necro to CB. I mean, you'll have to go all the way to the gnome necros to do any selling or banking, right? And you are a new player so it's not like you can afford to buy up through your level 12 or 16 spells to take with you. Etc.

Imo, do gnoll teeth (even though it ruins your qeynos evil rep) if you have the rep for it, then farm wisp isle from like 10 until 15 (be careful though, you can get a train of wisps on you in a hurry even when you're careful... definitely bind on the island and bring several backpacks and don't be afraid to turn cp and sp and gp into gems to reduce weight... you're there for a long haul). Then when you take 2-3 backpacks of GLSs to sro you'll get a fair bit more xp and a couple hundred pp from the turnins.

Rayge
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Day 2: Spent 3 hours doing the zombie event, lol, and then quit early enough to ding 4. :D I did it soloing the kelethin noob zone.

Tonight when I log on will be the first time I ever summon a pet on an eru nec :p

Not sure how I feel about taking an erudite necro to CB. I mean, you'll have to go all the way to the gnome necros to do any selling or banking, right? And you are a new player so it's not like you can afford to buy up through your level 12 or 16 spells to take with you. Etc.

I guess that CB is just what I know, and yeah my pal who set up the port also gave me the plat for 12-16 spells.

Rayge
01-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Day 2.1: My first pet summoned at level5 and was a total beast. I was killing bats so fast, I decided to go to orc hill and try to start a group. Great success! Got all the way to level 5 in about 2 hours, thanks to a pair of dedicated warriors, a bard, and a healer.

gotrocks
01-20-2013, 04:42 AM

rofl.

+1 for bein a good sport. you'll go far here.

Autotune
01-20-2013, 07:55 AM
rofl.

+1 for bein a good sport. you'll go far here.

Indeed, I've been stalking this guys story.

+1 from me as well.

Rayge
01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Day 3: snuck in a few hours here and there on sunday and managed to ding 6 right at midnight. Two levels to go until my next set of spells, which include Gate so that will be nice. :) I noticed that I'm already KOS to Indigo brotherhood though, sadface

Autotune
01-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Day 3: snuck in a few hours here and there on sunday and managed to ding 6 right at midnight. Two levels to go until my next set of spells, which include Gate so that will be nice. :) I noticed that I'm already KOS to Indigo brotherhood though, sadface

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/researchnec.asp

If you need help with research or getting spells combined. You get the words and I'll do them for free at the nearest druid ring/wiz spire (to me) if you get the port there.

Itap
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't worry about being KOS, as an iksar necro, I'm hated everywhere (besides cabilis of course). If tunes not avail, ill do the combines for you also

copenhagen
01-22-2013, 09:11 AM

Rayge
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
the biggest annoyance so far is that I don't have meditate trained. plus I don't have my Gate spell. Once I hit 8 I'll go solve both these issues.

Taffan
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd take being Kos over leveling a ranger anyday :P

Rayge
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
day 4:

Logged right into an orc hill group who only needed 1 person, it was great!

Ding, level 7!! I gave some guy a few CB belts to go sell all my vendor trash and buy me the Gate spell form kelethin. so the plan is to ding 8, mem gate, get a TP to EC with the money from selling a HQ wolf pelt, and then gate back to GFay.

Silo69
01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
this isn't your personal blog faggot

Rayge
01-23-2013, 01:39 AM

you're quite right, bromeo, it's actually a public journal of sorts.

Taffan
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
I need to catch up! little into 4.

Rayge
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
when I hit 8 you should have some time as I run errands, and then it's into CB!! looking forward to camping some SBS, looting the lego pads, and getting trained by d'vinn again :P

Rayge
01-24-2013, 03:36 AM
Got on tonight for a good 4 hours after playing some Warmachine, my bro was on so we *wrecked* orc hill. Had an interesting experience with a pretty crappy bard, he would constantly afk and say 'it's ok since I'm leaving the heal song on,' then he'd come back just in time to ninja belts without rolling. Finally he afk'd for like 10 minutes and we dropped group and reformed without him. good riddance!

After that, EXP was really steady, though I died 2 times. Our group was me, 2 wizzies, a mage, and a bard lol. cloth tanking for the win I guess. Dinging 8 was fantastic, lots of new spells to mem. Gonna hit EC, train med, buy some stuff, and then on to CB!!

Rayge
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
This morning I saved about a half an hour to get a port over to EC, train Meditate, and then gate back to GFay: Home sweet home. Tonight I'm going to step into Crushbone for the first time in a long time.

Itap
01-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Grats on 8, your can actually call your skelly a REAL pet now

Silo69
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
a real pet is when it life taps or dw's, honestly the real pet isn't till 49

Examino
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
you should stick to EC...get buffs from the ec tunnel, find an orc group or solo..then once you hit 10-12 go to oasis.

Rayge
01-26-2013, 11:55 AM
I've been camping slaver pits on and off for the last day, I'm 1 yellow from 9!

Rayge
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
woot, ding 9! 3 levels to new spells :) Thanks invictus for the group that leveled me here

edit: shortly after dinging I repeatedly died. nearly undung :P CB can be a rough place

Rayge
01-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Today I camped trainer hill for about 2 hours: killed him twice, no drop, but did walk away with 3 yellow bubs. I'm nearly in the double digits!

Rayge
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Spent some time in GFay auctioning to sell all the CB belts I'd saved up (nearly 40!), so I was killing the DB/LB mobs over by the CB ent. I sold all the stuff and didn't feel like going and looking for a group, so I stayed at CB ent and solo'd. I really learned an appreciation for my skelly pet as he tanked multiple DB mobs in some cases. It's weird for me, because I'm used to the 'many levels lower' SK pet from live. Pretty cool, can't wait for the next version. woot ding 10!!

murcielago200
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Do you just troll around looking for ways to insult people?

Obito
01-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Do you just troll around looking for ways to insult people?

As a massive lurker, yes, yes he does. Don't let the trolls stop you Rayge.

Splorf22
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah Silo is just a troll. Ignore/report him.

Also, may I suggest some pictures? I love pictures. You can post them with postimg for free to get nice high-res readable screenshots.

Itap
02-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Did you give up living the dream?

Swish
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Last Activity: 01-28-2013 07:06 PM

Rayge quit? :(

Taffan
02-21-2013, 07:31 AM
He started playing to play with me. We tried to make it work, but the biggest problem is that we work at almost completely different hours. Makes it hard to play :(