PDA

View Full Version : ::::: Producer's Official Tournament Thread :::::

Producer
01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
My goal by setting up the little mini tournaments is to build population for RED99, and the ability to quite all excuses. (I.e) I wasn't ready. You cheated. I was low health. I had mobs on me etc.

Hopefully despite the trolls I'll get some support from the red community to make the tournaments run smoothly. I spoke with Thrilla' and he said a sanctioned fight would be best and I couldn't agree more, plus I loved casting the stream for the GM event. TLDR-all dates and times and possible prizes will be listed below.

*This is not set up collied with Thursday's Fight nights'

Brackets
( 1v1 )
( 2v2 )
( 3v3 )
( 5v5 )
( Guild War *numbers don't have to be even)

If you would like to sign up for one these brackets for bragging rights let me know all fights will be casted and uploaded to YouTube for your' own keep sake.

*Registering both parties must agree on date and time.

Sickpuppy
01-16-2013, 12:24 PM
thursday night fights dont happen every thursday sirken will have them randomly i talked to him about it already . but yes this might be a good idea as long as everyone can be civic and not atck people during the event or on the way to the event . becouse sirken wont be there to DT anyone keeping this under control will be hard

Nirgon
01-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Won't all the naked wizards win it?

(Lol)

Sickpuppy
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM
it will be fun if its not a dick fest and im sure we all can pitch in maybe 500p per contestant winner takes all at a ffa rumble in the end maybe ? so it brings a little incentive to win ?

Producer
01-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I've already been rolling the ideas around. -sick

And I would say no Nirgon considering a 5v5 is very dynamic and can go any direction.

jeffd
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
in my day, eq pvp was all about who could control an entire zone or a raid mob while fighting off the enemy guild, not peaceful dueling competitions

there's no room in this world for salty old pvpers any more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE

Tomatoking
01-16-2013, 12:55 PM
i dont see why we cant do this every thursday in steamfont

i will rez dead people on my clr too

Producer
01-16-2013, 12:56 PM
in my day, eq pvp was all about who could control an entire zone or a raid mob while fighting off the enemy guild, not peaceful dueling competitions

there's no room in this world for salty old pvpers any more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE

Couldn't agree more I just feel it would be entertainment for everyone. Plus don't you hate it when someone runs from a fight then talks shit. This way everyone can see what's really going on.

Producer
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
i dont see why we cant do this every thursday in steamfont

i will rez dead people on my clr too

Got a better spot ;)

Tomatoking
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
DL Spire?

how bout GFay spire

Producer
01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
DL Spire?

how bout GFay spire

A good spot
You'll see

Bamzal Sherbet
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
as long as everyone can be civic

does my acura count?

Nirgon
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
And I would say no Nirgon considering a 5v5 is very dynamic and can go any direction.

Good luck convincing Heartbrand and the others here who know everything about EQ PvP.

HippoNipple
01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Duels are a good way to test who is the most powerful and who can set up the best pregame strategy. Unfortunately as you mentioned Jeffd it leaves out the skill of being cunning and thinking on your feet. It is not a place for an underdog to shine.

hagard
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
are these brackets level specific? or will you try and include low lvl pvp

Producer
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
are these brackets level specific? or will you try and include low lvl pvp

yes and no.

If you want to call someone out. I'll show up to film it :)
Or for a specific tournament i'll set up 55+ etc etc.

Producer
01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Good luck convincing Heartbrand and the others here who know everything about EQ PvP.

I understand , I just want something more entertaining. It's just a way for viewers' or the populous to have some bragging rights other than "So-and-so DOWN!" "PLUGGED" NUB"

:)

Rettii
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Recommendation about your stream:

Get out of first person Jesus Christ. Trying to follow someone in first person like your some kind of MMA ref is really bad for viewing.

Sit in 1 spot and go third person so the whole "arena" can be seen. You can pan the camera to follow bard speed chases around that fight arena.

Fix your UI to minimize useless boxes. Put target in center screen maybe damage box on far left from full length top to bottom with clear background so we can see when jousters are landing hits or missing the auto attack maybe.

Be close enough to see the hits maybe be invis or hide so u don't sit in te shot or block a fight.

Pick a spot with line of sight, that's why the actual arena sucks its all open and just spam fest.

No guard areas (cities).

Rettii
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Either remove exp loss or have kind clerics Rez before pvp timer ends.

Rettii
01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
HAve your gf put on a bikini and hold up fight cards in between matches, maybe jump on a trampoline or wet t shirt in between fights etc

Twain
01-16-2013, 03:24 PM
thursday night fights dont happen every thursday sirken will have them randomly i talked to him about it already . but yes this might be a good idea as long as everyone can be civic and not atck people during the event or on the way to the event . becouse sirken wont be there to DT anyone keeping this under control will be hard

Its funny you would say something about being civic. Didn't you and your buddies gank people right after the last event? We left you all alone as we thought it would be wrong of us to gank your whole guild. We started to port out and you gank the last group? Now you ask for safe travel?

TempleOfLife
01-16-2013, 03:24 PM
does my acura count?

not if i cant use my prelude

Massive Marc
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Its funny you would say something about being civic. Didn't you and your buddies gank people right after the last event? We left you all alone as we thought it would be wrong of us to gank your whole guild. We started to port out and you gank the last group? Now you ask for safe travel?

just a quick note about your horrible reading comp: he says before or during, not after. After the event (as in nothing is happening) seems fair game to me.

Kraftwerk
01-16-2013, 03:33 PM
A good spot
You'll see

Kerra Isle. Savah told me earlier, sorry to spill the beans.

Producer
01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Recommendation about your stream:

Get out of first person Jesus Christ. Trying to follow someone in first person like your some kind of MMA ref is really bad for viewing.

Sit in 1 spot and go third person so the whole "arena" can be seen. You can pan the camera to follow bard speed chases around that fight arena.

Fix your UI to minimize useless boxes. Put target in center screen maybe damage box on far left from full length top to bottom with clear background so we can see when jousters are landing hits or missing the auto attack maybe.

Be close enough to see the hits maybe be invis or hide so u don't sit in te shot or block a fight.

Pick a spot with line of sight, that's why the actual arena sucks its all open and just spam fest.

No guard areas (cities).

Duly noted - I was just trying different stuff. Windowed mode etc.
I was already planning to set the UI up for when it was time for really stream for the tourny'

Thanks retti for the Feedback

Producer
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Kerra Isle. Savah told me earlier, sorry to spill the beans.

Nooo , too long for travel.

Nizzarr
01-16-2013, 05:37 PM
yea fuck those events, no one in 59 wants to lose 15% (or more) in that hell level for some ridiculous event.

15% exp in 59 is like 4 hours of exp with a good group. As it is, the exp penalty isnt scaling with total number of experience. It should be like half a % in 59 but right now its really 2+ hours of exp.

That little mechanic needs to be adjusted

Producer
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
yea fuck those events, no one in 59 wants to lose 15% (or more) in that hell level for some ridiculous event.

15% exp in 59 is like 4 hours of exp with a good group. As it is, the exp penalty isnt scaling with total number of experience. It should be like half a % in 59 but right now its really 2+ hours of exp.

That little mechanic needs to be adjusted

96% rez ?
Fair enough... maybe a gm might show up to be nice.

Rettii
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Maybe they will make some adjustments to server like xp loss and YT now that they see how excited box was for organized throw downs

Tomatoking
01-16-2013, 06:32 PM
you dont get back exp from pvp even with a rez?

Producer
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
you dont get back exp from pvp even with a rez?

Thought you just had minimal time.

gnomishfirework
01-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Thought you just had minimal time.

Minimal time for 0% exp rez, yes.

TempleOfLife
01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
is Savah still a RL producer of freshly washed motor vehicles?