PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Cannot Consent offline characters

Scrubby McGee
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
In classic, you were able to consent offline characters. I remember that I would consent a rogue alt sometimes if the CR got to hairy and I just didn't want to deal with it.

That doesn't work here.

Specifically, this was useful by making a brell halfling rogue for hole CR's while soloing there.

Yoite
06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
ya this is also handy when your alt dies in a bad spot and you can consent your main to drag it out. but alas, it does not work here.

Xumosa
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
In classic, you were able to consent offline characters. I remember that I would consent a rogue alt sometimes if the CR got to hairy and I just didn't want to deal with it.

That doesn't work here.

Specifically, this was useful by making a brell halfling rogue for hole CR's while soloing there.

heh i had a halfling rogue parked in hole for this reason too~

same with ogre in kael arena

Zordana
06-11-2010, 08:48 AM
this fix would be <voice type="quake3">GODLIKE</voice>

Aadill
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
same with ogre in kael arena

Wasn't it in Velious that you couldn't drag corpses on different factions because you'd gain that person's faction? i.e. if seen dragging a corpse around from someone that is kos to giants, you'd get beat down yourself?

Or was that just in the notes of the game and never implemented correctly?

Aeolwind
06-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Mobs aggro'd based off the /corpse command. KOS or not, if you /corpsed someone else you got aggro. I was non-KOS Ally with dragons and would get beat on the regular in SS. I learned my lesson by the time I got to TOV though =D.

Otherwise, everyone and their brother would have made Ogre RZ warriors to drag corpses in Kael.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
06-11-2010, 09:25 PM
You were treated as having the same faction as the character whose corpse you were dragging.

If the mobs didn't see invis, you could drag while invis to get around this. If the person who died was not kos, his corpse could be dragged around with impunity (by other non-kos people).

nilbog
10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Kael is unique for its corpse-dragging mechanics. Will be working in velious. No other zones were like that, correct?

And, on topic, how is consenting offline characters working now? Does it work?