PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Filleted Bear, Lion, etc.

Xenephex
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
From this old baking guide on EQTRADERS:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g19&menustr=040020000000

The relevant section is this:

Since the patch of May 8, 2002, a new skill up route has become available for bakers

all races:

Get a filleting knife (see smithing recipes for more info)
Go to Thurgadin (you didn't blow your Thurgadin faction yet, did you?)
Mordin Frostcleaver (Mordin's Meats): buy bear meat

(if your Thurgadin faction is bad, then go to Shadowhaven and buy bear meat from one of the vendors that sells it)

THEN:

1. Make Bear Fillet till skill 143: Bear meat, filleting knife
Now it's possible that what they're referring to is the availability of unlimited bear meat on Mordin Frostcleaver, but large quantities of various meats were always available from vendors at many locations, so I think it's more likely that the recipe was added at that point. Not sure though.

astarothel
06-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Now it's possible that what they're referring to is the availability of unlimited bear meat on Mordin Frostcleaver, but large quantities of various meats were always available from vendors at many locations, so I think it's more likely that the recipe was added at that point.

Possible. There's 3-4 other recipes for filleted items in the game though, so to mention only Bear Meat there seems odd. Unlimited vendor meat definitely wasn't always the case, I know that for sure. It mentions a new skillup route, not necessarily a new recipe. I will try and look into it some more.

Xenephex
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Possible. There's 3-4 other recipes for filleted items in the game though, so to mention only Bear Meat there seems odd. Unlimited vendor meat definitely wasn't always the case, I know that for sure. It mentions a new skillup route, not necessarily a new recipe. I will try and look into it some more.
I think they mentioned bear meat because that was the only one that was sold in unlimited quantities from a merchant.

Here's the only thing relevant I could find from the May 8, 2002 patch notes (the ones referenced in the baking guide):

** Tradeskills **

- Added over 1,000 new tradeskill recipes for all levels of skill,
along with many recipe books. A few of the vendors of Norrath might be
able to get you started on your way
- Added Mortar and Pestle to a Thurgadin merchant
- Rubbing Alcohol is now available from a vendor in Thurgadin

Not very specific, but I don't see anything else in those patch notes that appears relevant. They either added the bear meat to Mordin on that day, or they added the recipe.

astarothel
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
along with many recipe books.

Finding which books these are, and when they were added might be an easy route.

astarothel
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Went through the EQTraders Baking list from September 2002 Nilbog sent me.

Flags several Baking recipes as *NEW* including Anaconda stir fry, Cheesy anaconda casserole, etc. About 10 or so in total. Filleted Bear, and similar filleted recipes aren't flagged as *NEW*

Went through the tski.co.jp patchlist, but didn't see any mention of additional baking recipes added between May and September, so either the Filleted recipes predate that May 8th patch, or the EQTraders list failed to flag them as *NEW*.