PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Low health aggro

ir0nfist
06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Something I clearly remember from classic was low health aggro. When you dropped below about 20% health any mobs near you, not sure on radius, that could aggro you normally, would all focus on you. So say a caster in your party had an add on him and got knocked below 20% health, all mobs on the party would focus him/her. I have not noticed this here if it is in fact working that way. If it is already in, sorry for the pointless post.

Haynar
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I coded up some adjustments for this just the other day. They probably still aren't as extreme as live was, so more changes might be necessary.

So some adjustments will be going in soon to try and bump up the low hp aggro some.

Haynar

Yoite
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
i *think* it would also cause green con mobs that would normally only agro if you sat near them, agro you if you got below 20%. Anyone else comment on this?

Phallax
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
It still exists to a point. I know when im soloing Allizewsaur in oot, if i let him beat my pet below 20% it doesnt matter how much agro i try to pull he wont want to agro me untill the pet is healed back over 20%.

Mleh
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
i *think* it would also cause green con mobs that would normally only agro if you sat near them, agro you if you got below 20%. Anyone else comment on this?

if you sit down any mob kos to you lvl1 to 50 will agro.. Low hp agro was usually more in accordance with existing hate on player. I dont recall random agro occuring to low hp.

Phallax
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
if you sit down any mob kos to you lvl1 to 50 will agro.. Low hp agro was usually more in accordance with existing hate on player. I dont recall random agro occuring to low hp.

I remember leveling my wizard up on live, was fighting crocs in oasis, someone near me was fighting a puma, the croc purple barred me and the puma ran over and finished me off, when I had 0 agro on the puma.

Mleh
06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I remember leveling my wizard up on live, was fighting crocs in oasis, someone near me was fighting a puma, the croc purple barred me and the puma ran over and finished me off, when I had 0 agro on the puma.

may have more to do with purple then low hp

Zereh
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Is it just coincidence that the first two members of my Purple Survivor's Club are bards?

Z