PDA

View Full Version : Iksar shaman

Dark Team
01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I have this problem where I make tons and tons of alts. Eventually one of them will reach 50+, but there's no knowing which one or when. For the purposes of this thread, let's assume it will be my new ikky shaman.

I know it's kind of a big deal that they can't use the JBB, but why exactly is this? Never played shaman before. And what about the rest of the JB set, and other armors that iksar can't wear... does it matter so much? Everyone always says that ogre (sometimes troll) is the best shaman race end game, but I can't stand playing as a huge race like that, and barbarians are lame in their own right. Is it a huge mistake going iksar? :/

And how should I spend my starting points; wisdom or stamina?

Thanks!

Swish
01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I had an iksar shaman on live when Kunark came out and regretted it quite heavily. The iksar shaman armor is, to be quite blunt... shit. You'll have to wait for Velious if you want access to decent armor and your starting stats are considerably worse than your "slam" counterparts. Oh, you don't get slam either :p

Therefore soloing is a bit more tricky, your starting mana pool is a bit lower and you don't hit quite as hard, on top of not being able to wear a bunch of useful items.

Oh... did they fix the alchemy problems in Cabilis? At least 1 of the herb vendors wasn't there a couple of patches ago. If not fixed, you won't be doing any alchemy either :(

Nagash
01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
My main was an ogre shaman on Live and I didn't have a stellar gear until Luclin+ (out of the scope of this server) (most of the stuff I had could have been used by an iksar).

Could I equip a JBB? Yeah!
Did I equip a JBB? Never saw the colour of one, let alone equip one (I didn't even finish my Epic until Luclin!)
Could I solo the same stuff as the uber shaman of my server? Yeah!
Did I do it as easily? Hell no but it helped me develop my skills and I could do stuff I never saw any other shaman do (stopping a large train in KC while everyone zoned/gated out then sending mocking tells to all the cowards who fled. In all honesty, I still don't know how I did that but I sure did it, to everyone's amazement, mine included :)

In a nutshell, as much as I'm sure a JBB is a great tool, you can do the same stuff without and regarding the rest of the gear, once Velious comes out, this will become an almost moot point. Do yourself a favour, you are about to stare at that toon for hours, go for something that you'll enjoy watching.

SamwiseRed
01-11-2013, 12:20 PM
i just love the old ogre models. you could take away the frontal stun immunity and the large amount of pts in sta and str and i would still roll ogre. also who cares about JBB. you wont be using that thing until 50+. im sure its a fun clicky but remember on live a ton of shammies leveled to 60+ without one. i think some people get worked up on this server because it seems like everyone is geared. play the race you like the best.

Mortiiss
02-03-2013, 12:43 PM
i just love the old ogre models. you could take away the frontal stun immunity and the large amount of pts in sta and str and i would still roll ogre. also who cares about JBB. you wont be using that thing until 50+. im sure its a fun clicky but remember on live a ton of shammies leveled to 60+ without one. i think some people get worked up on this server because it seems like everyone is geared. play the race you like the best.

I like troll for the same reasons.

Vayder
02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
I know it's kind of a big deal that they can't use the JBB, but why exactly is this?
Thanks!

Clicking the JBB alone amounts to ~33dps. At level 45 that's more than a dps class is going to do. You then get to add dps from your pet and the swing of your weapon inbetween clicks.

Dark Team
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Clicking the JBB alone amounts to ~33dps. At level 45 that's more than a dps class is going to do. You then get to add dps from your pet and the swing of your weapon inbetween clicks.

Blah, I really wish I could be a kitty or froglok shaman :(

TWDL_Prexus
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Epic + JBB + Torpor etc..etc.. will be very nice if you intend on doing fun things in Velious. Is jbb a must? Nope. However it is a pretty big difference. Just go troll and call it a day.

liveitup1216
02-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Iksar shaman armor looks > jbb/stun immunity

Heavydrop
02-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Iksar also cannot wear Golden Efreeti Boots or the Shaman planar drops from Hate.
Just means more waiting around until Velious

liveitup1216
02-11-2013, 03:03 AM
what? GEBs are all/all

Vertiggo
02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Nope just tried yesterday iksar can't wear em

liveitup1216
02-13-2013, 10:11 PM
theyre still the best looking shamans =)