PDA

View Full Version : No way to enable luclin character graphics?

jballe3
06-09-2010, 04:36 PM
yes, before i have people respond to me regarding this, i like them, and if you don't, please don't post that they suxor and you hate them! :) thanks!

now, i am wondering if there is any way at all that i can get them activated. i particularly enjoy them, for the most part, so would like to see if i can, or if there might be any way we can in the future. it's solely only effects the person who actually wants to activate them, so i don't see a problem why we shouldn't be able to.... so if someone know's a way, please let me know, thanks!

Nocte
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
They've been disabled by the server admin, unfortunately. Given that he hates the Luclin models, and regardless of its effect on other players, it's unlikely that we'll see them on P99.

Reiker
06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
they suxor and I hate them.

Aeolwind
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Negative.

Nocte
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
they suxor and I hate them.

So don't use them!

President
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
They've been disabled by the server admin, unfortunately. Given that he hates the Luclin models, and regardless of its effect on other players, it's unlikely that we'll see them on P99.

This is incorrect. They have not been "disabled" by the admin. They are not enabled because the Luclin expansion is not, and will never be, enabled on this server. Admin clearly stated that he is not going to go out of his way to try to find a fix for this since it is not classic.

Nocte
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
This is incorrect. They have not been "disabled" by the admin. They are not enabled because the Luclin expansion is not, and will never be, enabled on this server. Admin clearly stated that he is not going to go out of his way to try to find a fix for this since it is not classic.

Whatever, let's not argue semantics. The result is the same. The graphics that no one else can see aside from the players that enabled them are being withheld because they are not within the scope of the project and because of his personal preference.

President
06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Whatever, let's not argue semantics. The result is the same. The graphics that no one else can see aside from the players that enabled them are being withheld because they are not within the scope of the project and because of his personal preference.

No, that's not correct. Just like if you were playing EQ back in the day and never bought/enabled the Luclin expansion, you wouldn't get the ability for the Luclin models. It's not "semantics," it's how it works. The server doesn't have Luclin enabled as an expansion, and because of this, the Luclin models are not enabled.

As far as I know the dev's had not had any problem with someone else attempting to figure out how to get the Luclin models working, but they have stated they are not going to waste their time on it.

Nocte
06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
the Luclin models are not enabled.

THIS. FINE. WHATEVER. Jesus Christ.

President
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
THIS. FINE. WHATEVER. Jesus Christ.

Not trying to argue with you but your first post makes it sounds like the admin has some vendetta against the models and wants to punish everyone when that's necessarily the case.

Shaun421
06-09-2010, 05:27 PM
that's not necessarily the case.

THIS. FINE. WHATEVER!

Gosh, President, stop being right already. Nobody here wants to hear your facts. Go back to pulling fiber-optic cable or whatever you do. Geez, some people... :D

Nocte
06-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Not trying to argue with you but your first post makes it sounds like the admin has some vendetta against the models and wants to punish everyone when that's necessarily the case.

Given the option, I would disable all Luclin models for anyone connecting here, forever. That's the selfish kind of bastard I am :)

That's exactly what it looks like to me (aside from the scope of P99, obviously).

jballe3
06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
eh, i would just love to be able to activate them as a personal preference..... i mean, they had to go through the trouble to ensure that they don't work right? lol

President
06-09-2010, 06:07 PM
That's exactly what it looks like to me (aside from the scope of P99, obviously).

Key words are "given the option." It's no secret the admin's don't like the Luclin models, but they are not intentionally going out of their way to make them unavailable.

President
06-09-2010, 06:09 PM
eh, i would just love to be able to activate them as a personal preference..... i mean, they had to go through the trouble to ensure that they don't work right? lol

No, they didn't. If the Luclin expansion was enabled on this server, then everyone would have the ability to enabled them on their computer.

Nocte
06-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Are you certain that it works the way you describe, President? (Honest question, I have no idea how things go.) Seems to me that the zones to all the expansions are missing (scions, PoK stones, LDoN clicky-entrances, etc) and the zones exist, but perhaps are offline. Access to an empty Plane of Time for CTF seems to reflect this. We can only get there if the zone is brought up and a GM ports us there.

It seems to make more sense that the Luclin models are built into the client and not. Otherwise, Vah Shir models wouldn't be available for GMs to illusion players with for kicks. Right? /shrug

If it works as you described, it stands to reason that Iksar illusions would fail because their respective expansion isn't enabled. Same as the little mushroom Rogean runs around in sometimes and the Xegony illusion someone posted a screenie of the other day. I haven't seen an iksar illusion, yet, though, so who knows.

ShadowWulf
06-09-2010, 09:24 PM
They're there, keep looking there's already a thread on this and how to do so.

HERE (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6075)

Some have it working, others not, have fun.

BTW Confirmed working, took me 3 minutes. This is armor only btw, but its probably the closest youre going to get to what youre asking for.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6109/cuddlesz.png

Nocte
06-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Those are Velious armor textures, not Luclin character models.

ShadowWulf
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Those are Velious armor textures, not Luclin character models.

You sir are correct, and i clarified that in the post, however for the time being that's the best I can do for ya.

President
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Are you certain that it works the way you describe, President? (Honest question, I have no idea how things go.) Seems to me that the zones to all the expansions are missing (scions, PoK stones, LDoN clicky-entrances, etc) and the zones exist, but perhaps are offline. Access to an empty Plane of Time for CTF seems to reflect this. We can only get there if the zone is brought up and a GM ports us there.

It seems to make more sense that the Luclin models are built into the client and not. Otherwise, Vah Shir models wouldn't be available for GMs to illusion players with for kicks. Right? /shrug

If it works as you described, it stands to reason that Iksar illusions would fail because their respective expansion isn't enabled. Same as the little mushroom Rogean runs around in sometimes and the Xegony illusion someone posted a screenie of the other day. I haven't seen an iksar illusion, yet, though, so who knows.

I would not say I am 100% sure but I 95% sure that's what I read in one of Nilbog(I believe) posts. I have stated this multiple times since then in other threads that were brought up about this and a GM has yet to correct me, though I don't know if that means much. It is similar to how back in the day if you didn't purchase the expansion you didn't have the options for the models, but a GM can still summon a sword that doesn't exist in the game. And similarly, if you didn't have Kunark, I believe you could still see Iksar's on main land even though you couldn't get to Kunark. I'd assume that when you log in your client checks to see if the Luclin expansion is enabled, and if not, doesn't allow the models. But I doubt there is such a check for the GM's to transform or summon items.

jballe3
06-12-2010, 02:02 AM
well the same client works for the other servers and can activate them on those..... not saying i want to play on the other servers tho.... so it must have been some sort of option the gm's removed...... though i'm no expert either lol

Aeolwind
06-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Most servers operate with Luclin engaged by default. We don't. Hence, the client will not enable those graphics unless Luclin is engaged.

Zordana
06-12-2010, 03:06 AM
they cannot be enabled without releasing further expansions (or changing the sourcecode) and since they are classic, they wont be enabled anytime ;)

EDIT:
well.. what aeolwind said. =)

rikustrength
06-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Honestly, I used to think it would REALLY bother me not having luclin models enabled. I came in around luclin and I'm just really used to it, but you get used to the old models and that truely is the original face of everquest. Not to mention it better matches all the old monster models. I only wish that things like the wolves and skeles matched, although a I understand it a fix is in the works for that.

As for the luclin models, it's highly likely that we will never ever see them. It has been deemed an inefficient use of resources by the dev team, and while I would like to see the option to use them I can't say I disagree. Anyone who would suggest that luclin modles should take priority over things like kunark and epic quests and a fix to the blasted kelethin lifts really needs to find another server to play on. Now, if someone else with the knowledge and expierience can swoop in and find a way to create support for it without enabling luclin, they wouldn't at all mind that. That said, the door to this has been open for quite a long time, we just haven't had any takers willing to give it a go.

Qaedain
06-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I, personally, would love the Luclin models. Say what you want about the models themselves, but I think SOE did a great job with the armor models and textures. That's what I want!

However, I understand that this is not likely to happen, and I'm okay with that.

Eyry
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Please do not implement luclin. It ruined the game

apio
06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
if you take a screenshot the models dont look that bad really (well most of them anyway), but once they start moving around its just horrible.. id rather have good animations of a crappy model than vice versa.

the only good reason on live to enable luclin models was because you couldnt use mounts without them. or maybe for screenshot ;)

ShadowWulf
06-13-2010, 02:09 PM
This server still isnt classic enough!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ae-1KuAvMY&feature=related (Alpha-testing video....hehe)

I demand Classic Classic character models! And Classic Classic spell effects and fireballs!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Toony
06-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Gosh, President, stop being right already. Nobody here wants to hear your facts.

Some of us actually prefer facts to assumptions.

Dac321
06-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Believe me or not, but the models do change the game, and I know this first hand when I played live.

For example when I played a troll on live I could squeeze in locations with the newer model that the older one couldn't fit in. That said, as little as this may effect anyone, it still effects the game play.

Just my take..

Eyry
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
The game was ruined when they made Ogres and Trolls skinny

FatMagic
06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
This server still isnt classic enough!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ae-1KuAvMY&feature=related (Alpha-testing video....hehe)

I demand Classic Classic character models! And Classic Classic spell effects and fireballs!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

I want that machine-gun fireball spell that the dude at the end of that video had! I want to be able to slay a dragon by myself :)

Oh and I want to be able to ride a dragon like the logo shows at the end. Oh yeah.

Now THAT is truly classic :)

twincannon
06-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Personally it affected me in a huge way when I realized that to probably half or more of the playerbase using those awful SoL models, how shitty my character would look. Really was a huge reason for why I say luclin ruined the game for me and why I quit fairly early on in it.

So don't assume the models are a given option that should automatically be in the game. Personally I am really glad they're not in.