PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mob Chain Casting

Insidious
11-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I thought i remembered reading about a previous post like this, but i searched and nothing came up.

Are any measures being taken to solve the mob chain casting problem?

Mobs (especially wizards) are casting constantly, spell after spell, many times AOE.

If you guys are unable to fix the delay between casts is there any way to lower the level of spells that mobs cast? That might counteract the chain casting nature of mobs..

THanks

Rogean
11-17-2009, 01:26 AM
As far as I remember, caster mobs did this in classic.

girth
11-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Pretty sure that mobs did not spam AoE moves. Like some of the goblins in HHK just don't stop casting cold aoe's.

Somekid123
11-17-2009, 03:36 AM
This is incredibly easy to test, if your say level 30+, go agro a bixie queen in Misty Thicket, her level 5 DD's wont hurt you much, just stand there and see how long she cast, I gaurente she wont stop.

Mobs either have an insane mana pool or regen [ my best bet ] is way too high.

Insidious
11-17-2009, 05:06 AM
i always remember npc's having infinite mana, but casting this frequently (or at least the aoe's) isn't in my memory :)

I could definitely be wrong though.. :/

magic
11-17-2009, 05:45 AM
I know for a fact they didnt have infinite mana. Anyone remember mezzing a caster mob in sebilis and using Theft of Thought on it to keep up with mana on those pull-happy groups? I sure do. And after a few minutes ToT wouldn't do anything.

guineapig
11-17-2009, 09:09 AM
i always remember npc's having infinite mana, but casting this frequently (or at least the aoe's) isn't in my memory :)

I could definitely be wrong though.. :/

That's incorrest. I used to use my mana syphon spells constantly on live and mobs stopped casting after I drained them.

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
And they stop casting eventually on this server too. Soloing in CT has occasionally led to me simply waiting out the healing mobs until they run OOM, and then trying to kill them.