PDA

View Full Version : Monks, how close do you stick to your weight limit?

Captain Faceplant
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Hard to believe but after 13 years of EQ, I've never seriously played a monk.

At the moment I'm keeping under the weight limit at pretty much all costs. I'm wearing cloth (well, curscale) and will probably upgrade to Wu's. Keeping inventory empty and letting a friend do all the looting. But how bad would it be, exactly, to go over limit, and by how much? Do you monks keep under limit as a 100% strict rule, do you break it once in a while by a few stones, or do you just not care?

I will be tanking most of the time in our groups, at least for now, so I do need whatever AC i can get. But at the same time, I have an IBC that I'm not using because it'll put me over the limit by 4 stones.

Ele
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
@60, I vary between 20 and 30-40 depending on the situation. Some of the resist gear is rather heavy versus normal xping gear.

Qualvin
01-02-2013, 06:51 PM
On live, I used to stick very close to the weight limitations.
Here on p99... it depends more on my role. If I'm pulling, I stick to weight limits. If I'm tanking... well haven't had to tank really on here :P

soloing, depends on what I'm fighting and how much damage I'm taking...

I have hit 65 weight before fear kiting mammoths in everfrost, but since I was never getting hit, it didn't really matter...

Fonix the Tonedeaf bard
Channwen