PDA

View Full Version : New toon loads to Gloomingdeep. Then crashes.

huron99
12-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm totally new to p99.

I did a fresh install with Titanium discs. Ran the eqemu updater.

Everything works, login screen looks good. Then I went to the character select screen and choose a gnome sk and name. It begins to load me into ... Gloomingdeep. Then 2 seconds later black screen with "you have been disconnected".

I'm on a vista 32bit platform, cable modem at home and older 5200+ duel core AMD.

I've tried nearly 20 attempts and it always sends me to glooming and disconnects me. In between this, I did try to make 2 characters on two different emu servers (including hidden forest). No issues. Character loaded in and everything looks fantastic. But I can't seem to wrap my head around p99 itself and this issue.

It wouldn't have been in the day, but should I be loading into gloomingdeep? I'm assuming a big "no". I've looked repeatedly for the tutorial button and de-select it from the character screen, but I don't see it. In this case it offers me Akanon and only Akanon. I've selected it, deselected and everything in between but still sends me to Gloomingdeep. Is this the glaring issue?

On extra side note, I did set affinity to 1 to kill off a core processor when loading as well as disabled my firewall. Neither mattered.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

Myth
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
gnomes can't be SK in classic. Try another race/class combination.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13793

huron99
12-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey Myth, thanks for the quick reply. My sanity's remained in check.

Noudess
01-16-2013, 09:10 PM
This thread just saved me alot of time.