PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLauncher - FAQ

Rumzuck
12-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Hello there,

i've decided to post some informations about the launcher which seem to be not widely known :)

You can download it here:

http://www.moestaverne.com

Here is a list with some clarifications:

http://eqemulauncher.moestaverne.com/clarification.html

Greetings,
Rumzuck

Rumzuck
01-01-2013, 07:07 PM
If the server is down due to friggn scriptkiddies again, here is the current version of the clarification:

EQEmuLauncher

Some clarifications

Last Change: 2013-01-13 5pm GMT+1

1. EQEmuLauncher does never connect to eqemulator.com or .org. It always connects to moestaverne.com, which handles everything.

2. If you rightclick the background or the systray icon, you can open a context menu which allows you to start EQ without updating.

3. I made some stability changes in V1.24, so i recommend to update to the newest version at any time (even on a ISDN connection it doesnt take long)

4. Yes, EQEmuLauncher V2.0 is not dead, ive just been lazy. But you can thank Akkadius for reactivating me in working on the launcher. Also Akkadius will join me in working on the launcher code itsself and created both the current and the new upcoming launcher layouts. Cheers Akkadius =)

5. You do not _need_ to use the launcher to be able to play on any eqemulator.org server. But the launcher makes it way easier to switch between servers, so you dont have to manually change files all the time.

6. Project 1999 is the only server that has its own serverlist which they manage. When an update comes, they update it. So Project 1999 should always be up to date. If files you definitly already updated get downloaded again, then the hash-value in the serverlist is incorrect.

7. EQEmuLauncher is an unofficial EQEmulator Launcher. It is completly standalone and not tied to anything (but the serverlist - moestaverne.com loads it from the eqemulator website).

8. "My client is not supported :(" - The next release will support every client we know of.

9. "After refreshing several times, it doesnt work anymore.." - This is most likely because you just got banned for spamming moestaverne.com. The line between several refreshes and a DDoS-attack is very thin, especialy since they use more then 500 Zombies to spam the Server. So better have 1 or 2 false bans, than moestaverne.com being down and no one being able to use the launcher. If you are not a repeated offender you will get automaticly unbanned after about 2 hours.

10. "I need support" - You can always send me a mail to moe@moestaverne.com - I will try to answer as soon as possible. Also if you are impatient, you can often find me in the EQEmulator IRC network under the name "Rumzuck".

11. "Not enough permissionsi, aborting patching..." - If you get a permission error, its either because the update could not be downloaded into the launchers directory, the serverfiles cannot be downloaded into the launchers directory, or the serverfiles cannot be copied into the everquest folder. To fix this, you can try running the launcher as Administrator, or change the folder permission on the problem causing directory.

12. "There are no server files available for .... - Why do i get this message? I know this server has custom files!" - GMs/ServerAdmins need to administrate their filebase themself. Before they may do so, they have to verify themself as a GM/Admin and then will get an Account for the webinterface for their server. Contact the GMs and tell them to get in contact with me if you want their server files to be updated by the EQEmuLauncher.

13. ".NET Framework is missing and i cannot start the launcher" - If you install .NET 4.5 you have downward compatibility for all .NET versions and you can use the launcher.

14. "Could not reach webserver" - This problem occurs, when your client cannot connect to moestaverne.com. There are 2 reason for that: either your ISP has problems with the routing or scriptkiddies are DDoSing moestaverne.com (see #9)

15. EQEmuLauncher and EQEmulator.org - The launcher is a third party standalone program which uses the eqemulator.org website to get the server list. Other than that, there is no connection between those two and I do not support EQEmulator.org nor do they support the launcher.

16. "More infos about the launcher itsself?" - EQEmuLauncher was written in c# by me (Moe). Version 1.0 got released on 12. May 2010. I also made the first ugly layout. Shortly after the realease of 1.0 Akkadius offered his help and provided a way better layout design. Akkadius is also the one who activated me again and will together with me work on Version 2.0.

I hope this clarifies things. If you find something missing here, contact me at moe@moestaverne.com :)

Greetings, Rumzuck

Uaellaen
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
/bump

Rumzuck
01-13-2013, 03:01 PM
made little changes (Last Change: 2013-01-13 5pm GMT+1)

Rumzuck
02-05-2013, 04:41 AM
-

gotrocks
02-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Lookin' very good rum!

thanks for keeping up with this project - definitely makes EqEmu'ing alot easier (i don't personally use the launcher except for updating, but i know a TON of people do from answering everyone's questions on here). Just wish more people would read your FAQ :)

or mine.

silly to get the same questions that have already been answered over and over :D

Nocte
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM
moestaverne.com appears to be down. I can't connect to EQEMu without it. When I try to run Everquest.exe or eqgame.exe I get an error message.

Zalan
02-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I just hit the same problem.

Swish
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
You guys tried right clicking on the wallpaper of the launcher (anywhere on it almost) and selecting "Start EverQuest only" ?

If its an issue with the files needing updating, you can do it manually. Go to the "Announcements" forum and click on the patch notes thread. Then download/unzip the files into your P99 EverQuest folder wherever you installed it. When asked if you want to replace copies of files - "yes to all" :)

Nocte
02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
You guys tried right clicking on the wallpaper of the launcher (anywhere on it almost) and selecting "Start EverQuest only" ?

I love you in ways only described in prison movies.

Rumzuck
02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
it should work again

Rumzuck
02-20-2013, 04:08 PM
To the Yahoo people:

yahoo doesnt accept emails from my host, and i dont have the nerves to fix this, so i cannot reply to you guys using yahoo.
just a headsup (most of those messages are answered in this FAQ anyways)

Bronz99
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I just started going into IT mode, MXToolbox.com, tracert to 212.227.248.76 and then tested Chrome vs. IE and as of right now, it is back up.

Swish
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Unofficial mirror for v1.24 here (https://ca.isohunt.com/download/458807486/Everquest+emulator+launcher+p99.torrent) (while the site is down)

Rumzuck
04-09-2013, 12:45 PM
MoesTaverne is never down. It is slow, due to DDoS attacks. I just need to finish mail shit at the new server, then i can move everything. Just cant be arsed to add more security to the old server, when im mving soon anyways. Did i say i hate this mail shit?

BTW:
EQEmuLauncher Beta Phase started, Version 1.65 available at http://moestaverne.com under Downloads.

HorrorFK
04-28-2013, 03:32 PM
The download is literally impossible. Anyone able to stream it elsewhere?

Rumzuck
04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
what? moestaverne.com is up, downloading the launcher takes 1 second for me, not sure what you really mean.

HorrorFK
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
moestaverne.com, for me, takes approximately 4 minutes to load (the website alone). I've tried downloading the 1.71 beta as well as the 1.24 emus. I started the download, continued to reinstall EQ Titanium from start to finish, to come back and see it's still in the process of downloading (without an ETA). Internet is stable, other download tests worked, and tried in both Firefox and IE.

edit: Downloading for a 4.3MB file took 6 secs for me. 1.24 is 1.13MB... /shrug

HorrorFK
04-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Whatever happened since last post worked, download complete. Thanks~

Rumzuck
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Whatever happened since last post worked, download complete. Thanks~

maybe it was some temporary slowness, stupid server has memory issues.. mail server is done, so i will move to the new server within next week ;)

Rumzuck
04-28-2013, 05:28 PM
btw, p99 is still not part of the beta... so for p99, you have to use the old launcher, until rogean actually answers

eyeless5150
05-04-2013, 10:51 AM
using windows xp... launcher always "unable to initialize properly". used to be able to download the patch files manually from the p99 website, but cant seem to find it anymore?

looking for a fix for my launcher, or a page to download p99 patches

Rumzuck
05-04-2013, 04:06 PM
using windows xp... launcher always "unable to initialize properly". used to be able to download the patch files manually from the p99 website, but cant seem to find it anymore?

looking for a fix for my launcher, or a page to download p99 patches

you need to install .NET framework, see #13 in the FAQ

Brandonian10
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Is MoesTaverne down right now? Won't let me connect

Rumzuck
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM
yes, it is... the server completly died and wont reboot, because 1und1 sucks *censored* in hell!!!

i will call these stupid idiots tomorrow and let them fix it and move tomorrow (in fact only databases missing now and the current state of files), cause its really pissing me off now!

Tysidious
05-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah, don't EVER use 1 and 1, they blow hardcore. I used to work for Godaddy.com & I don't care what people say, I still believe their services are top notch as far as quality goes if you are willing to pay an extra buck or two :)

Razai
05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Is it down again?!! I just tried logging in with/without the launcher and cannot connect. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else at the moment? >_<

constelllations
05-27-2013, 05:06 PM
this might be a stupid question, but is this (or will this ever be) mac-compatible?

Rumzuck
06-23-2013, 10:00 AM
this might be a stupid question, but is this (or will this ever be) mac-compatible?

sorry for that late reply.
linux and mac-compatibllity is planned to be implemented some time after version 2.0 is released :)
it might be working with mono/wine, but i have not tried that

dali_lb
07-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Is it possible to let people choose NOT to patch "Spellsnew" files ?

I am sure I'm not the only one who have an edited version that gives more correct spell effects than the one the P99 crew offers :cool:

Torrinn
07-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Is the login down? I keep getting message from launcher that could not reach webserver trying again in 10 seconds. Attempting to launch game directly results in popup saying connection could not be established. I was playing the game fine up to 10:30 PM EST last night, woke up this morning and can't log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher and that hasn't worked.

Oh, and I second not forcing a patch of the spells file. The spells file that I keep getting is putting all spells at level 255 for hybrids. Either fix your own spell file so the spells are at the correct levels for hybrids or leave our custom spell files alone.

Rumzuck
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Is it possible to let people choose NOT to patch "Spellsnew" files ?

I am sure I'm not the only one who have an edited version that gives more correct spell effects than the one the P99 crew offers :cool:

it will be possible soon (to set up an optional files-list, that means the server admins have to set up their file-lists accordingly when that feature is available)

Rumzuck
08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
theres a facebook page now => https://www.facebook.com/eqemulauncher