PDA

View Full Version : Best ranger DPS weapon set?

Taffan
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Wurm slayer + Swiftwind ? Best ratios in the game for rangers. Or do you just want a faster mainhand weapon?

Taffan
12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Guess no one really cares about ranger DPS :P All about dem rogues/monks.

Ele
12-27-2012, 11:36 AM
faster main hand weapon: more damage bonus applications and more double attacks

Taffan
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
faster main hand weapon: more damage bonus applications and more double attacks

Makes sense.

So something like ..

Fayguard Parrying Dagger MH, Swiftwind OH?

Ele
12-27-2012, 03:15 PM
That's ok until you can get a better sky question/vp/earthcaller, just be mindful of the ae proc when stuff is being mezed around ya.

Taffan
12-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Ah, didn't know the proc was AE. That is kind of dangerous eh.

Just looking for the best weapon setup possible. Earthcaller / Swiftwind? or is there better? I know Can't really beat the swiftwind for the OH.

Razor Fang of Xygoz I guess, for mh?

Ele
12-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Ah, didn't know the proc was AE. That is kind of dangerous eh.

Just looking for the best weapon setup possible. Earthcaller / Swiftwind? or is there better? I know Can't really beat the swiftwind for the OH.

Razor Fang of Xygoz I guess, for mh?

Yeah razor is pretty sweet if you don't need the stats/slow from earthcaller

Elements
12-28-2012, 10:40 PM
jade mace or lupine dagger mainhand/wurmslayer offhand. If you can maintain haste cap. Remember that at 60 you basically add 11 damage to what ever you have in your mainhand due to main hand damage bonus.

Taffan
12-29-2012, 04:49 PM
jade mace or lupine dagger mainhand/wurmslayer offhand. If you can maintain haste cap. Remember that at 60 you basically add 11 damage to what ever you have in your mainhand due to main hand damage bonus.

Is that better then Woodsman's staff? And what about when Wurmy gets nerfed?

Elements
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Is that better then Woodsman's staff? And what about when Wurmy gets nerfed?

It is better than woodsman staff some time after 45 when the main hand damage bonus and your dual wield skills start to take off. it is even better than epics if you can maintain the haste cap.

After the wurmslayer nerf it will depend on what the next best offhand you can replace it with is.

koros
01-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Swiftwind is going to win offhand over any other weapon due to the raw +atk, it has a ratio just slightly worse than WS. Mainhand it goes Barbed Scale Whip (was told it accidently got unnerfed), Fayguard Parrying Dagger, then Razor Fang of Xygoz.

Taffan
01-10-2013, 11:08 PM
If that's the case, wouldn't Mosscovered Twig be best mainhand weapon?

Taffan
01-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Oh. I guess MCT is offhand. That's silly.

Ele
01-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Moss Covered Twig and Barbed Scale Whip are both supposed to be offhand only at this point in the time line. But something happened with the loot tables.

Taffan
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Moss Covered Twig and Barbed Scale Whip are both supposed to be offhand only at this point in the time line. But something happened with the loot tables.

I thought the Twig stayed the same, and was just replaced by the Branch.

Why would they change the twig AND make a completely different loot table, with the branch? doesn't make sense.