PDA

View Full Version : Best Twink Rogue Weapons 6k and under

Scrumplet
12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
What two weapons should a twink rogue get for under 6k each? Thanks in advance.

Arrisard
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
12k for both I think you could manage an SCD and CSS, but that're more like 10k/2k, not 6k each if that really matters.

jerok88
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I was looking forward to this information. Unfortunately, Arrisard has wasted our time with acronyms such as 'SCD SSS' instead of giving the full names. Atleast he has those 1 seconds that he can spend on something else.

Splorf22
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
SCD: Sebilite Croaking Dirk
CSS; Crystalline Short Sword

Also consider the Rapier of Orinn

Scrumplet
12-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Ok, thanks for the info :)

Growlers
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
SCD: Sebilite Croaking Dirk
CSS; Crystalline Short Sword

Also consider the Rapier of Orinn

Yeah the Rapier is like half the price of Seb dirk. If you can find one for sale.

pasi
12-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Better off buying a Serpent's Tooth over the Rapier of Oriin.

Better ratio, higher damage, and 2k cheaper.

Arrisard
12-24-2012, 02:19 AM
If I'm off on the price of the SCD, I'd go with a Trak Tooth as a cheaper option TBH. The Serp's Tooth and Rapier are, in my experience, not so hot relative to what they cost. They consistently parsed at or below a Trak Tooth, which is IIRC a bit cheaper than either. BS just seems to hit way too often for similar mininums regardless of weapon DMG. The SCD is it pre-epic, and can slide over to the offhand until you get an Edge or something when you get the epic furthering it's useful lifespan if you invest in it first.

I was looking forward to this information. Unfortunately, Arrisard has wasted our time with acronyms such as 'SCD SSS' instead of giving the full names. Atleast he has those 1 seconds that he can spend on something else.

:rolleyes:

If I say something that you don't understand because I might not remember that everyone doesn't know some more common acronyms offhand, Google it or ask for clarification. These juvenile quips are less than worthless; they actively contribute to a negative image of both the boards and yourself.

gotrocks
12-24-2012, 11:55 AM
they actively contribute to a negative image of both the boards and yourself.

agreed, thought that was rude.

Tarathiel
12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
seb dirk mh, rapier or css offhand.. or save up and buy a rogue epic from me, 35k all day bro

Scrumplet
12-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I am tempted Tarathiel since I can't seem to find someone selling a Fungi for 55k :)

Arclyte
12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
good thread, just sold my mage and am going to roll a rogue

didn't know rogue epics were 35k though, I'm sitting on around ~32k myself, and that ragebringer looks amazing

Vermicelli
12-25-2012, 03:38 PM
SCD and CSS

The beginning of a thread is much like the beginning of a sentence. I would not say "he" before I said his name. "SCD and CSS" are like the pronouns to "Sebilite Croaking Dirk" and "Crystalline Short Sword." I personally did not know which weapons you were talking about before someone clarified. Thanks for your input tho. It will help my character =)

Arrisard
12-25-2012, 04:10 PM
If there is anyone else who needs to further comment on the already admitted slight inappropriate use of acronyms in an online forum, please either direct it to my PMs or make a new thread.

Otherwise, rogue twink weapons for <12k.

There are a couple other cheap offhands off the top of my head, like the Blade of the Green Dragon Eye. I think those are like 6k now? Tiny bit better than the CSS there. Green Jade Axe might also be something to look into. The SCD is still better for the offhand when/if the time comes with the epic, imo, and the most efficient use of pp.

Taffan
12-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Better off buying a Serpent's Tooth over the Rapier of Oriin.

Better ratio, higher damage, and 2k cheaper.

Not to mention +1 more damage, for bigger backstabs.

Serpent's Tooth+Crystalline Short Sword for lower/mid range end twinks.

Epic+Blade of the Black Dragon Eye for the rich folk :)

Tarathiel
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
it should also be noted that rogues weapon skill with piercing weapons caps out slightly higher than with 1hs or 1hb so piercing weapons will have slightly higher dps in that regard, however its pretty minimal and once you can afford a Epic/EoN that will beat out anything outside of vp or velious

Taffan
12-28-2012, 03:09 PM
BotBDE is slightly better then EoN. Just a lot more pricey considering it doesn't drop anymore.