PDA

View Full Version : Solo Locations for a 30 Ikky Monk

TheFishyOne
12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
'ey guys.

I'm a 29 Ikky Monk about to hit 30. I've spent the past 10 levels grinding out xp and cash at the giant fort in WW and now everything there ranges from db to green in terms of con. With my first hell level fast approaching, I figured that if I want to move my xp bar to the right, I'll need a spot with a little more Oomph.

So far, the only idea I have is the giant fort in FM, but I'm not sure if that's even viable at my level. I started playing EQ on live after PoP, so I am a rank nooblet when it comes to knowing my way around the old world. If possible, I'd like to stay on Kunark to be close to Cabilis for easy banking/resupply, and the fact that nobody loves an Iksar on Antonica, and I'd like to avoid a KoS guard turning me into his new set of luggage (He'll prolly make the combination on me '12345' anyway).

If any of you could help me it, I'd appreciate it. Many thanks in advance!

RahlaeRuffian
12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
It'll be tough to solo the giant fort in FM at 30. You may be able to take some hillocks down but if I remember correctly they would get the best of me sometimes when I tried. Mammoths in Everfrost may still still be dark blue. Probably some stuff in Mistmoore you can pick off as solos. No banking around those places for you though. I'd say your best bet is just going to the giant fort and duoing with a healer.

Nagash
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Have you tried the bruted in the tunnel leading to Dalnir in WW? I've read somewhere they are great xp at your level although I can't confirm it first hand.

Cippofra
12-25-2012, 06:40 AM
HHK. 5pp per kill. Merchants and banks in zone. Good exp. Safe.

rasik
12-26-2012, 07:03 PM
The brutes in the tunnel to dalnir are great exp at 30. Leave when they turn green. After that do OT by the WW zone line until you can solo giants in FM.

mistersuits
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
what mobs do you kill in HHK? goblins?

gotrocks
01-17-2013, 02:22 AM
*sigh*

since i'm almost done there, I'll share my secret (that isn't really a secret because everyone
knows about it already)

Kill the guards in HHK. best xp by far from 30-40. nothing beats it. you can figure out a good rotation on your own, but I will say that even at lvl 40, im breezing through one of the more difficult hell lvls pre-50 on these guards.

I've also made roughly 3k killing them, which isnt bad for 35-40(ish)

Have fun! and if you see gotrocks, be kind and leave the guards he's killing alone!

mistersuits
01-19-2013, 03:22 PM
wouldn't that ruin your faction in a bunch of places?

tommydgun
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
it only ruins your hhk guard faction unless you kill mobs named "a guard" then it does freeport... but if you are an iksar, you probably dont care about hhk faction or maybe even freeport depending if you spent time gaining fp faction...

so im level 31 and im about grown out of all the areas discussed in kunark and i would prefer not to lose hhk faction because im a human, any suggestions for 31-40? also what are some decent group options as well as solo?