PDA

View Full Version : First Time on an eqemu.

Kylenorr
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I just joined the shard a little over a week ago after not having played EQ1 in about 5 years. I played from 2000-2005, then went with EQ2. Eventually I'd like to get into high end content/raiding, but obviously I'm not near that in level yet. So is it worth it to join a lowbie guild to help with finding groups until I hit 46 (what looks like minimum level for raiding guilds), or should I just hold off on guilds until I reach that.

I've noticed it's been hard to snag groups even in high population zones (as a 15 druid), which is why I ask about the guilds.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Kylenorr

August
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
You should definitely join a leveling guild. That's what I did to alleviate my woes and it almost always works.

You can survive without one, but you will need to group w/ some people first and get somewhat of a reputation so you get asked to group again. As an enchanter, this is a little bit easier (i am enc) because people always need enchanters.

There's lots of good options. I'm in < Peace Pipe > currently and I group with people almost every night. < Utopia Project > Is a guild that has a metric shitton of people in it for new players. I suggest looking them up.

Tomtee

Massive Marc
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Join a entry guild (I believe one is called Utopia Project - specifically made for someone like yourself) Study up, learn the server and the guilds, then tell them you want to apply to a raiding guild... then apply to one !

msg me in game if you need any help or starter gear.

Kylenorr
12-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Ok guys, that's what I figured. Thanks for the assurance.

Kylenorr.

SamwiseRed
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
welcome, first rule dont read any of my posts.

....you read that didn't you?

why are you still reading this...

wow