PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting Book of Scale...

Phinger
12-20-2012, 03:16 PM
So while killing time on my lunch break i was looking at the pally epic. Sounds to me like the hardest part is going to be acquiring the book of scale. I say this because I've been on this server almost a year and have never been invited to a vox/naggy/other dragon raid or even heard of them being up before someone snipes them. Some poor guy in the ec forums has been trying to buy one for awhile...

I'm sure it's possible to get, but how difficult is it on p99?

Splorf22
12-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing its not bad. There aren't that many paladins on the server. I seem to remember killing vox with VD and like 3 dropped once hehe. Or maybe that was the torn, burnt book? IDR.

Flash
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Can't you buy a book of scale for like 25k from another player?

Phinger
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, which is no small fee, but it seems like they are few and far between. From what I've read you have to get 2 no drop books off a white and red dragon, then turn them in to an evil npc to get the droppable book of scale.

Raavak
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
There's probably more competition for the Book of Scale for people trying to get Miragul's Robe (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Miragul's_Robe) for resist gear (and looks).

Funkutron5000
12-22-2012, 03:49 AM
I assume the only combine for this on the server currently is the one in Neriak? I've got access to both a frost and a burnt book, but of course they're on separate toons. What faction level do you need to be at to succeed with the turn in?

Phinger
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
I assume the only combine for this on the server currently is the one in Neriak? I've got access to both a frost and a burnt book, but of course they're on separate toons. What faction level do you need to be at to succeed with the turn in?

This was my concern with being able to acquire one. Seems as though getting in on a naggy/vox raid requires being in the poopsock team with <52 alts nearby, and the real white/red dragons are farmed like crazy...both component books are no drop and the turn in mob is on evil faction.

Because of that I would think they are fairly few and far between...looks like one shows up on the EC forum every few months. 20-25k seems awfully high for an epic component when there are only a tiny number of pallies who are even 46+

Arrisard
12-22-2012, 07:16 PM
There's probably more competition for the Book of Scale for people trying to get Miragul's Robe (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Miragul's_Robe) for resist gear (and looks).

Phinger
12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
25k for 10 disease and poison resist? Seems a bit excessive...ishva robe has 14 poison alone for <2k

Arrisard
12-22-2012, 08:35 PM
I can't speak for other guilds and how they handle their books, but we (TMO) do not charge our own members for what is usually just random-if-you'll-use-it-even-alts sort of items. ETA: Or any other sort of items for that matter ><

... yet.

Funkutron5000
12-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't have a guise, so will it be possible for me to complete this quest before the Qeynos NPC is added? Do I just have to do a boatload of wine factioning? or will I have to get another damn book on a dark elf?

Arrisard
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't have a guise, so will it be possible for me to complete this quest before the Qeynos NPC is added? Do I just have to do a boatload of wine factioning? or will I have to get another damn book on a dark elf?

I don't think there should be any reason the red wine quest with Lokar won't be sufficient to raise anyones' Dark Bargainers faction for the turn in, although I can't recall the specific level you need I believe it's amiable. You'll have to still invis around Neriak and such, as there are many other factions it won't improve especially third gate, but that guide saying you "need" a guise is just dumb.

Lorraine
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
You don't need any faction work to get Rysva To`Biath to combine the books into the Book of Scale for you. Just invis down there and have 1,000pps with you, that's all.

Don't take everything you read in the p99wiki for granted.

Funkutron5000
01-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I wish I had that info about a month ago. That was a whole lot of wine and invis potions to get up to max faction! hah.

pallius
06-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to confirm for any reading this that the turn in still works without good faction and it is still MQable. I MQ'd my burnt book with someone else's frost book as a half elf paladin. I conned dubious to her but received the book. Just invis down.

Beaniron
06-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I know I'm going to need one of these soon for my Fiery Avenger. So far I have SoulFire, Ghoulbane, and maxed Deepwater Knight faction. I'm saving every bit of coin I get foir a Book of Scale for when/if I reach Level 46.

Does anyone know what people charge for the book MQ?