PDA

View Full Version : Power leveling should be banned.

Noudess
12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
When someone takes a zone like najena or unrest, and makes the entire zone a personal playground for some level 10 character via power leveling.. is that in line with what this server wants.

I wanted to go hunt najena with a friend. I am 16, she is 14. Instead a level 50+ is getting paid 2k an hour and pulling every named and mob he can past us as we watch his level 10 friend level.

As an of-level group, we can't really get anything going, as the mobs we want are down, and when they pop, we might get 1 or 2 while the Pler pulls everything past us. If we try and go deeper for pulls, entire rooms spawn on the puller on his way back.

I'd argue that PLing is WAY worse for the game than 2 boxing (though I hate that also).

I propose a modification that makes it impossible for a character to gain XP from any mob more than double their level - regardless of how the kill is made.

We want a classic EQ experience, or a race to dominate spawns at 60 - screwing the population that wants to fight of-level dungeons?

Marmo
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
No, that is all.

Noudess
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
No, that is all.

Witty. Can't form a reasoned response?

Itap
12-17-2012, 09:15 PM
While I agree with you, this was done back in classic, though maybe not to this extent. Altering the ability to PL would interfere with the "classic" setting that this server is trying to imitate.

If I were you, I would've claimed a camp. Power-leveling is allowed, but camping an entire zone isn't unless its all uncontested.

Splorf22
12-17-2012, 09:27 PM
IMO the people that PL in places like Unrest or Crushbone (and this is like 90% of the PLers) are utter douchebags. Whenever i play a new char I am tempted to start a 'PL hall of shame' thread.

Najena is pretty rare though - I guess you were just unlucky there.

Cypher.
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Did you try talking to him? I'd say 90%+ of problems like these can be resolved with discussion amongst the two parties. The other 10% or so are just douche bags.

Kraftwerk
12-17-2012, 09:45 PM
I can 100% get behind this original and persuasive argument.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-17-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm in with this complaint. I traveled to south karana, only to see someone pulling the entire aviak tower down and killing it. Wait for respawn, and then repeat. There goes that camp spot. Wow this exp kicks ass!

Yes, it kicks gimp ass.

I've gone to Najena too, and seen an empty zone, but only 2 or 3 people in it, with one always mysteriously /anon. Unrest? Same.

Any place that can be "power pulled" is used to PL people it seems, in the old world. Which sucks. minmax. Jesus. It's an emu server for chrissakes.

And no, this did not happen in classic. People were too busy playing the game, getting epics, trying to get items.

It happened... well, well after the era this server is supposed to capture.

Granted, however, the server is now old. Newcomers are stuck.

A solution would be to eliminate all non-planar loot from the game now, as well as reduce bank accounts to zero for any account more than 6 months old.

"Game Master" -- check it out! A concept!

edit: as it stands, the server simply feels like last year's Fippy prog server, except with limits on boxing and warp traveling. But, grouping? I have seen people log out and say they don;t want to deal with a dungeon crawl, but would be down to go someplace they can be afk a lot and take turns pulling and killing.

I would recommend a revisiting of how this server works so as to penalize PL'ing, and reward actual classic-style gameplay. Otherwise, me and the other "new comers" are kinda realizing this is just a more closely monitored and slow moving SOE prog server, locked up tight by people who own the server. At this point, if SOE were to start another prog server, I would go there if simply to see if they fix some problems from last year's attempts. But this server needs fixing for those of us who wanted to adventure, explore, and yes, maybe have to play carefully so as to avoid nasty corpse runs. In other words, I wanted a challenge. Not an offer to pay someone to PL by hourly rates.

Grahm
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
actually i PL'ed since velious era with a 52 druid, but since could two box, would say lvl 10 wizzy LFG. have 52 druid to PL.

never once had a problem with getting a grp. 2 boxing: 1 / solo box: cries

sox7d
12-17-2012, 10:24 PM
There is a much more highly educated population on P99 and assets like high level druids and monks are a lot more common per capita than they were in classic.

I think PLers ruin this server, it's hard enough to get a group going with the population, why even log on if you're not going to play it?

Snagglepuss
12-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Are you kidding?

The Power Leveling Lobby is one of the most powerful special interest groups in Norrath!

Swish
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
IMO the people that PL in places like Unrest or Crushbone (and this is like 90% of the PLers) are utter douchebags. Whenever i play a new char I am tempted to start a 'PL hall of shame' thread.

Najena is pretty rare though - I guess you were just unlucky there.

Spot on.

Amelinda did say a good while back that PL'ers need to respect high traffic levelling zones such as Unrest/Mistmoore/etc because of this problem.

I think wherever you see this and powerlevellers refuse to move elsewhere its worth a petition, I don't know what the current GMs view is on it but in all honesty I'd stand my ground as a Lvl 20 and make a case to share what is there (let me/my group take what we can and give the rest to the PL group).

Best example I ever had of this was a busy night in MM on my SK quite a while ago. Everything was camped, lake, GY, pit, castle entrance (my group), Dhamp (obviously camped) and there wasn't much to be had.

(Story inc)

Grouped at CE, a PL druid turns up with some level 12 or something, and starts pulling the shit that few groups rarely get to without help... but also pulling some of our stuff with it (mobs near the entrance etc). So we decide to move in by the two gargoyles in the hallway and pull the gypsies and whatever else we can get to. Druid then decides we're being douchebags for slowing down his PL efforts and pulls a shit-ton of stuff as we're fighting to the outside, everything gets social aggro and we wipe.

To top it off, once back in the zone he puts his camp lawyer hat on and then claims CE and says that he's been in the zone longer and if we pull any mobs he'll petition, knowing very well what he just did was an attempt to clear us out/disband us.

Someone make a "Scumbag PL druid" meme ;)

Chedduh
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
We want a classic EQ experience

This is it!

Safon
12-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm in with this complaint. I traveled to south karana, only to see someone pulling the entire aviak tower down and killing it. Wait for respawn, and then repeat. There goes that camp spot. Wow this exp kicks ass!

Yes, it kicks gimp ass.

I've gone to Najena too, and seen an empty zone, but only 2 or 3 people in it, with one always mysteriously /anon. Unrest? Same.

Any place that can be "power pulled" is used to PL people it seems, in the old world. Which sucks. minmax. Jesus. It's an emu server for chrissakes.

And no, this did not happen in classic. People were too busy playing the game, getting epics, trying to get items.

It happened... well, well after the era this server is supposed to capture.

Granted, however, the server is now old. Newcomers are stuck.

A solution would be to eliminate all non-planar loot from the game now, as well as reduce bank accounts to zero for any account more than 6 months old.

"Game Master" -- check it out! A concept!

edit: as it stands, the server simply feels like last year's Fippy prog server, except with limits on boxing and warp traveling. But, grouping? I have seen people log out and say they don;t want to deal with a dungeon crawl, but would be down to go someplace they can be afk a lot and take turns pulling and killing.

I would recommend a revisiting of how this server works so as to penalize PL'ing, and reward actual classic-style gameplay. Otherwise, me and the other "new comers" are kinda realizing this is just a more closely monitored and slow moving SOE prog server, locked up tight by people who own the server. At this point, if SOE were to start another prog server, I would go there if simply to see if they fix some problems from last year's attempts. But this server needs fixing for those of us who wanted to adventure, explore, and yes, maybe have to play carefully so as to avoid nasty corpse runs. In other words, I wanted a challenge. Not an offer to pay someone to PL by hourly rates.

1 - The differences between this server and an SOE prog server are night and day, if you think otherwise you are ignorant or a fool

2 - While a few newbies may get discouraged and leave now and then due to rare instances of pl'ers making things harder on them, most stick around.

3 - The server is healthier than it ever was in its early days, despite being top heavy

4 - The staff here are amazing. If a pler is truly ruining your camp/day, and they refuse to cooperate with you, try petitioning the issue. Be proactive

Cippofra
12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
PL'ing wasn't classic? Happened all the time on my server. Entire groups would power level a guildy all the time. Why does everyone feel the need to force every single person on this server to group and have no other options whatsoever? Some of us don't have the option of grouping. If someone can afford it, what's it to you what they do with their money? With the exception of RMT'ers, anyone who has that kind of plat has been through the whole grind anyway. Whats the point of seeing it all a second time? And before the flaming starts, I'm level 10. I'm poor, cant afford a fungi tunic or power leveling. So I'm supporting this from the side that supposedly gets affected by it.

That being said, I do think power levelers should move or adjust if someone else wants just a part of what they're taking. No one should have any right to an entire dungeon or zone if someone else wants in on the action. Been playing here for a year and have only had an issue with a power leveler not sharing once. Most of them are considerate enough to move or simply take the zones they know no one will travel to. Don't let the 10% of the population that are incredibly greedy and selfish to ruin your experience.

Breeziyo
12-18-2012, 12:02 AM
thread title made me giggle irl

joppykid
12-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I prefer to go to zones with lower population when power leveling so that this doesn't happen... You're already being PLed who cares about ZEM

Slave
12-18-2012, 03:06 AM
When some group takes a zone like najena or unrest, and makes the entire zone a personal playground for some level 10 group via normal leveling.. is that in line with what this server wants.

I wanted to go hunt najena with a friend. I am 56, she is 14. Instead a group is pulling every named and mob they can past us as we watch them level.

As a powerleveling group, we can't really get anything going, as the mobs we want are down, and when they pop, we might get 1 or 2 while the normal group pulls everything past us. If we try and go deeper for pulls, entire rooms spawn on the puller on his way back.

I'd argue that normal grouping is WAY worse for the game than 2 boxing (though I hate that also).

I propose a modification that makes it impossible for a character to gain XP from any mob less than double their level - regardless of how the kill is made.

We want a classic EQ experience, or a race to fight of-level dungeons - screwing the population that wants to dominate level 60 spawns?

Xer0
12-18-2012, 03:18 AM
When some group takes a zone like najena or unrest, and makes the entire zone a personal playground for some level 10 group via normal leveling.. is that in line with what this server wants.

I wanted to go hunt najena with a friend. I am 56, she is 14. Instead a group is pulling every named and mob they can past us as we watch them level.

As a powerleveling group, we can't really get anything going, as the mobs we want are down, and when they pop, we might get 1 or 2 while the normal group pulls everything past us. If we try and go deeper for pulls, entire rooms spawn on the puller on his way back.

I'd argue that normal grouping is WAY worse for the game than 2 boxing (though I hate that also).

I propose a modification that makes it impossible for a character to gain XP from any mob less than double their level - regardless of how the kill is made.

We want a classic EQ experience, or a race to fight of-level dungeons - screwing the population that wants to dominate level 60 spawns?

attempt at humor failed. OP makes a valid point. cant tell you how much time i've had wasted in Oasis/Gfay because some high level bard is aggro'ing every mob in the zone so his low level friend can kill them.
high post count =/= intelligence

Galaa
12-18-2012, 03:24 AM
PLing is classic. It has been done since pre kunark days.

Taking it away would be anti classic, and that isnt what the server is about.

Xer0
12-18-2012, 03:27 AM
But should there not be restrictions? Why should someone get to have several camps worth of spawns, in a zone that can easily accomdate 5+ groups of legitimate PARTIES.. simply because he has the plat to pay a max lvl bard? It's garbage and regardless of it being "classic" it makes the game inhospitable to new players.
Edit:
I get that,a ccording to earlier posts, there are rules against, say, claiming all of unrest. But even something as open as oasis can be a pain when someone runs through grabbing every croc, orc, ghoul, and mummy in the area between the ocean and the sro zoneline, and claims them all for 1 j/o who is paying him for his time. I'ms peaking from personal experience by the way.. had a small group camped at p1 in oasis, killing deepwaters, and the occasional orc.. yet after about 20 minutes some bard rolled through steamrolled everything and delivered it, in a handbasket, to the individual he was powerlevelling.. keeping it all mezzed, ensuring his safety and rapid xp gain and thereby leaving the group that had already established this camp and had been levelling here for a time, with nothing to kill.

Slave
12-18-2012, 03:41 AM
attempt at humor failed. OP makes a valid point. cant tell you how much time i've had wasted in Oasis/Gfay because some high level bard is aggro'ing every mob in the zone so his low level friend can kill them.
high post count =/= intelligence

The scenarios you are both describing are already against the rules because they count as zone disruption. Additionally, you can claim camps via the long-established camp rules in most zones. Maybe you'd know that already if you spent less time trying to ruin people's hilarious posts and implicitly calling them not equal to intelligent!! (And more time reading the one or two threads that actually contain all the server rules.)

Doors
12-18-2012, 03:42 AM
No. There is more than one zone to level in when you're in the teens.

Vladesch
12-18-2012, 03:44 AM

wtf are you smoking?

sox7d
12-18-2012, 04:56 AM
PLing is classic. It has been done since pre kunark days.

Taking it away would be anti classic, and that isnt what the server is about.

Classic also had a more accessible grouping population and 90% didn't have lvl 60 mains.

Galaa
12-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Classic also had a more accessible grouping population and 90% didn't have lvl 60 mains.

pre kunark days, there was already alot of people who reached lv 50 and on non raid days, they were PLing guildies and alts too.

Anyway what I mean is, P1999 is following the classic server rules, with the exception of some things that cant be implemented (night blindness etc).

Changing the rule set to differ itself from classic is not the intention of this server.

Urbanzkopf
12-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I powerlevel on/off depending on if I need cash for an item..l what I will say is I prefer to choose zones that are quiet / empty because I know it sucks from personal experience when there is no mobs because some DB has taken them all. I powerlevel in crushbone, sure.. But only if there is noone in the zone / the people in the zone are not high enough to take the throne room, since that's where I handle it almost everytime. Unrest I will only use the yard trash in the morning time (on GMT) because that place is pretty much dead if you'll pardon the pun. Mistmoore I never touch with a barge pole, that place never seems to have less than 10-15 people in it.

webrunner5
12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I PL a lot on my Druid. But I try not to do it if there is a lot of people in the zone. But like it has been said it is part of the game. So we should ban Bards that are pulling 40 + mobs in a zone at a time also?

It is not like this is some constant thing. Get over it.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
While I agree that there are definitely a ton of pl'ers on P99, I don't think you can make rules against powerleveling. It is a part of the game, and while it can be obnoxious at times, it is always going to be around.

Alot of you have said that if there is someone PL'ing in a zone and they decide to pull all/most of the zone that you can /petition and get it taken care of. is this true? I've had it happen on multiple occasions, including times when my party was already established at a camp when some high level player came through and started pulling everything, and we weren't sure what to do. I remember on live that it was recommended you 'take care of it yourself' because if a guide came with a solution you may not like what they decide, but on this server should we be /petition'ing when smething like this happens? And if my party was there at a camp first and someone started pulling from it, is a decision going to be made in our favor?

Just the other day we were killing in a zone, had a camp set up, were pulling reliably from it with no problems when all of a sudden another player showed up and started pulling mobs from us. He basically told us to eat shit, that he wasn't going to leave, and that if we bugged him about it and/or stole mobs from "his camp" that he would pull even more mobs from our camp. Should we have petitioned for a gm? Again, we weren't sure what to do. I know what the server rules are, but I wasn't sure if we should be bothering a gm for something that I thought should have been possible to deal with on our own (even though it wasnt)

Sorry that this post kind of rambled on, im really tired and didnt think it through very well.

Tl;dr Pl'ing can suck but its for sure a part of the classic experience, people have always PL'd in eq. Also, is it ok to petition a gm when *any* player comes and tries to steal a camp from you? IE. they start pulling mobs from a camp you were already at, or a high lvl player comes and starts pulling everything. thanks in advance!

Sirken
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
If I were you, I would've claimed a camp. Power-leveling is allowed, but camping an entire zone isn't unless its all uncontested.

this

Rkahor
12-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I powerlevel in unrest sometimes at off hours,(never during peak hours I feel bad) but if someone comes and they want a camp from me since I basically take the whole zone it's never a problem and I always give it up. I don't see a problem with power leveling as long as they don't steal mobs

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I just leave a zone if powerleveling is going on usually. It's annoying, but I don't think anything can realistically be done about it. My thoughts about the powerlevelers are why be in a hurry. It's just pixels, there are pixels at level 1 just like level 60. It seems like people don't play this game for adventure and challenge, that's why they'll sit in a zone and grind out the same old mobs for hours on end. Being powerleveled also boring, I never enjoy a game on cheat mode.

Why not adventure a bit and challenge yourself, I would think that one of the biggest challenges in the game is forming a mid level group and going to Runnyeye, SolA, Cazic Thule, Permafrost. High level groups and raiding is a joke in comparison.

SwordNboard
12-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Why not adventure a bit and challenge yourself, I would think that one of the biggest challenges in the game is forming a mid level group and going to Runnyeye, SolA, Cazic Thule, Permafrost. High level groups and raiding is a joke in comparison.

Powerleveling is hardly done to push someone 1-50+. Most people just want a bump through a bracket that's hard to find groups, or to get to a certain spell level. While there are those who get PL'd hardcore, I agree, slow down a bit and enjoy the ride. I enjoy doing PLs and receiving them. However, not to an extreme to where even that gets boring.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 10:20 AM
this

<3 thanks sirken.

Xer0
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I already acknowledged that, however there is something to be said for the amount of people who really give a damn about the rules, and how responsive the GMs on the server are. WHy should newbies have to travel an hour because some chach doesn't want to respect the rules, and the gms can't be reached?

One Tin Soldier
12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I have to agree with the anti-powerleveling folks. It gets really depressing for people who want to actually play the game as intended. I rarely even bother going to unrest with my alts anymore because it seems like it's perma-camped by powerlevelers. And yes, if you ask nicely they will usually let you have a mob or two here and there or let you camp that one spawn in the hallway or something.

But it just sucks to be left with a few token scraps by some level 60 guy who is hogging up mobs he has no business messing with at all. And it does put a damper on groups just that much more when stuff like this is happening. Places like unrest should be prime grouping areas but PLers drive away legit players so it makes it less likely that there will be enough concentration of legit players to put groups together.

It's true that people PLed in classic but I don't remember it ever being as bad as it is here. And even if it is perfectly classic it doesn't change the fact that it sucks and messes up the game for people who want to play legit.

I don't know what a good solution would be for this but it does get frustrating.

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
ROFL this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Out of all the shit that goes on, on this server, you worried about powerleveling ?

Like I care that a new player has to travel ...gasp...to another zone to EXP ?? Traveling in EQ ??? omg unheard of.. thats some bullshit right there. wheres the griffin ? amirite ?

When I started this shit, every good exp zone had someone being powerleveled (usually being 2 boxed) Did I run to forums to bitch ? no.. I fucking leveled to 57 and here I am.

man up and deal with it.

Snagglepuss
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol...

webrunner5
12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Powerleveling is hardly done to push someone 1-50+. Most people just want a bump through a bracket that's hard to find groups, or to get to a certain spell level. While there are those who get PL'd hardcore, I agree, slow down a bit and enjoy the ride. I enjoy doing PLs and receiving them. However, not to an extreme to where even that gets boring.

I agree with what he says. I do a lot of people to get them from say level 7 to 16 or so. Gets them into good areas that have some loot, and gets them the better spells that go along with it like SoW, and Bind, FD and Melee's Duel Wield and maybe Double attack.

I think I have kept a few people on here that would have quit still going on. Not counting giving them some gear and plat for spells. Its not all evil. :D

Farkle
12-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I am getting a nice Pl right now. Why? Because all of my friends are in their 50s and i am restarting so they are pl'ing a character of mine so i can group with them later on.

First night I was lvl 5 in Oasis. my buddy pulled almost the entire damn zone, granted it got me from 5 to 10 in less than an hour, but someone did complain about us taking the entire zone. In response we didn't take any more mobs, and had a nice chat in /OOC.

I would seriously say something if it is happening to you, i would like to think that a lot of people here know the deal, and will understand. You don't have high level friends to PL you, so you are doing the grind we all did so long ago, we all get it and completely understand. If we need to leave a camp for you then that's cool, if you want 2 camps, that's fine with me. Need some buffs? give us a holler.

Of course i'm just speaking for myself and my friends, but with such a small server of people who have already been around the block in this game before, i doubt you should catch much flak if you just open up say your piece nicely and ask for some help.

SamwiseRed
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
wow is this really a thread? OP mad,sad,bad, and most likely fat. if you dont like PLing goto dead99 and kill the PLee or PLer.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Got no problem with people doing powerleveling, but they shouldn't be taking the whole zone, as many people, including sirken, have pointed out.

Some people still seem to think thats ok though. If everyone just did what farkle and a couple others have stated they do (backed off when people asked for a camp or two, buffed, etc) then I dnt think the OP or anyone would be complainig that much, its just the assholes that no one likes.

Elements
12-18-2012, 12:34 PM
I feel your pain OP but if you are frustrated with spawn monopolization while levelling dont expect to have fun at max level.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm gratified that some, dare I say most of the replies agree. Banning PLing may be unfeasable, but the no XP for a mob 2x your level (excluding maybe levels 1-3) would be easy - and frankly - I don't see any downside.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I feel your pain OP but if you are frustrated with spawn monopolization while levelling dont expect to have fun at max level.

Competing for mobs - of level - is fine by me. It's part of a shared world. Competing for level 15 mobs with a level 60 so they can PL a level 10, sucks. It's against the spirit of what "experience" means, and mocks the dungeon/zone in which it is done.

People who don;t originate in this genre, back when we had a live GM, don't realize the intent of experience. It's why skills level up as you use them. It is granted when earned. Live GMs take levels away for acting out of alignment. They certainly wouldn't be granting Xp for being Pled. It is obvious to anyone that examines EQ, that the server rules are trying to get of-level mobs/dungeons taken by of0-level characters. It no different than a live GM picking the correct of-level module for his players. You'd never see the GM pick a level 20 module for a level 50 player to run trough with his level 1 buddy. It's just a mockery and insult to the genre.

Its the video game mentality. EQ is an RPG with graphical enhancements, that is the intention. Pling on any level is an exploit against the intent put forth by the creators of the game.

I have a main, I had one from 1999-2010 on live. I had a ton of alts, and they all played the game and enjoyed all the levels - in all the zones. If people stopped worrying about levelling and enjoyed the game, then they wouldnt be bored levels 1-50, because they'd be chalenging all the content, not the same tired 5 areas that have max xp.

SamwiseRed
12-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Competing for mobs - of level - is fine by me. It's part of a shared world. Competing for level 15 mobs with a level 60 so they can PL a level 10, sucks. It's against the spirit of what "experience" means, and mocks the dungeon/zone in which it is done.

People who don;t originate in this genre, back when we had a live GM, don't realize the intent of experience. It's why skills level up as you use them. It is granted when earned. Live GMs take levels away for acting out of alignment. They certainly wouldn't be granting Xp for being Pled. It is obvious to anyone that examines EQ, that the server rules are trying to get of-level mobs/dungeons taken by of0-level characters. It no different than a live GM picking the correct of-level module for his players. You'd never see the GM pick a level 20 module for a level 50 player to run trough with his level 1 buddy. It's just a mockery and insult to the genre.

Its the video game mentality. EQ is an RPG with graphical enhancements, that is the intention. Pling on any level is an exploit against the intent put forth by the creators of the game.

I have a main, I had one from 1999-2010 on live. I had a ton of alts, and they all played the game and enjoyed all the levels - in all the zones. If people stopped worrying about levelling and enjoyed the game, then they wouldnt be bored levels 1-50, because they'd be chalenging all the content, not the same tired 5 areas that have max xp.

gonna let you in on a little secret, there is a lot higher percentage of assholes/no-lifers/rmters on this server compared to live. RPers are spread pretty thin, casuals as well. you have no idea how serious people take this game now. GL bro.

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 01:03 PM
If people stopped worrying about levelling and enjoyed the game, then they wouldnt be bored levels 1-50, because they'd be chalenging all the content, not the same tired 5 areas that have max xp.

Totally agree... unfortunately, people who agree with this are in the minority on this server. I can partially understand some of the reasons people have given to be powerleveled, although I've never done it.

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
The beauty of EQ is there really isn't any limitations. You take the good with the bad. EQ2 tried to put in all these limitations to force people to play the way they intended. How did that turn out. So as annoying as someone getting powerleveled is, I just deal with it because I like that freedom and wouldn't want it any other way.

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
If people stopped worrying about levelling and enjoyed the game, then they wouldnt be bored levels 1-50, because they'd be chalenging all the content, not the same tired 5 areas that have max xp.

Cool story bro, I'm happy you had/have the fortitude and time to max-level multiple characters throughout your EQ career. I have too ! the fact is, 12 years later, I could care less about the 'leveling experience' 'the path to 60' or whatever other bullshit people want to claim. I've done it enough already and so have many other people. Some people didn't have a chance to experience raiding or end game content and would rather power level through the earlier ones to meet their expectations.

Protip: 12 year old content isn't challenging.

Elements
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Sorry I didnt read your entire wall of text but the bottom line is that spawn competition is a reality. People being inconsiderate is a reality. If you cant enjoy the game in that state then dont expect it to change at higher level. If you want examples or to compare the size of multi decade mmo epeens send me a PM.

Tomatoking
12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
wow is this really a thread? OP mad,sad,bad, and most likely fat. if you dont like PLing goto dead99 and kill the PLee or PLer.

wow gona agree with sam what a fucking cry baby

maybe you are just pissed you arent getting the powerlevel , go to a diff zone or shut the fuck up

SwordNboard
12-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Also, for those crying anti-PL: In classic when you claimed main room in unrest, that's all you got. 4 fucking ghouls. Brewer was separate, halls were usually free for all, side and back doors were all separate "camps". Now! If you claim main room on P99 you have the whole first floor. If someone came into your legit group area and said they're gonna take brewer, you'd blow a fuse! So rethink the way you claim pixels before calling PLers mob hogs

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
wow gona agree with sam what a fucking cry baby

maybe you are just pissed you arent getting the powerlevel , go to a diff zone or shut the fuck up

Just a little over reaction don't you think. I think how the OP is feeling most of us has felt at some point or another. If you never were annoyed by this, then you are in the minority.

Slave
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM

So basically you are making the case that people should play whichever way makes them the happiest, that is the most fun for them.

Do you not see the hilarious hypocrisy involved in then telling them that they have to play it exactly the way that you do and no other way?

You have stepped right into it, like about 50 others before you.

Snagglepuss
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Cool story bro, I'm happy you had/have the fortitude and time to max-level multiple characters throughout your EQ career. I have too ! the fact is, 12 years later, I could care less about the 'leveling experience' 'the path to 60' or whatever other bullshit people want to claim. I've done it enough already and so have many other people. Some people didn't have a chance to experience raiding or end game content and would rather power level through the earlier ones to meet their expectations.

Protip: 12 year old content isn't challenging.

Protip: 12 year old content gets more challenging because of complete information. Everyone knows the rules. Efficiency.

Chess is 500 years old and never gets old. It constantly reinvents itself for the same reason. It's the premise of game theory.

Tradesonred
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
When someone takes a zone like najena or unrest, and makes the entire zone a personal playground for some level 10 character via power leveling.. is that in line with what this server wants.

I wanted to go hunt najena with a friend. I am 16, she is 14. Instead a level 50+ is getting paid 2k an hour and pulling every named and mob he can past us as we watch his level 10 friend level.

As an of-level group, we can't really get anything going, as the mobs we want are down, and when they pop, we might get 1 or 2 while the Pler pulls everything past us. If we try and go deeper for pulls, entire rooms spawn on the puller on his way back.

I'd argue that PLing is WAY worse for the game than 2 boxing (though I hate that also).

I propose a modification that makes it impossible for a character to gain XP from any mob more than double their level - regardless of how the kill is made.

We want a classic EQ experience, or a race to dominate spawns at 60 - screwing the population that wants to fight of-level dungeons?

Why not make a thread like "Say no to dragons"

Why should people be allowed to kill dragons? There are other games where people dont kill dragons, why should people be allowed to kill dragons in EQ then?

Cuz its EQ buddy

its EQ

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Protip: 12 year old content gets more challenging because of complete information. Everyone knows the rules. Efficiency.

Chess is 500 years old and never gets old. It constantly reinvents itself for the same reason. It's the premise of game theory.

please go lick some windows. why is it always someone with downs feels they have to call me out.

PROHINT: You're playing chess against another person, not Lady Vox or Lord Nagafen.

Check and mate.

Slave
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
PROHINT: You're playing chess against another person, not Lady Vox or Lord Nagafen.

http://fineartamerica.com/images-stretched-canvas/black/break/images-medium/dragon-and-boy-playing-chess-susan-arnsten-russell.jpg

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
hate u <3

Noudess
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I love the replies that are negative. They state no facts or debatable points.

Just swear words and name calling. That pretty much sums up the validity of their opinions. I'm done with this debate, my point was made and those who actually think gave lucid replies, one way or the other. I respect both. But there is no point arguing with someone who cannot or is unwilling to debate using reason, rather they stoop to name calling.

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
So basically you are making the case that people should play whichever way makes them the happiest, that is the most fun for them.

Do you not see the hilarious hypocrisy involved in then telling them that they have to play it exactly the way that you do and no other way?

Not really hypocrisy, the PLer and PLee are happy while everyone else in the zone is not happy and forced to be relocated. I don't care if people are powerleveled as long as it's not at the expense of others.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM

exactly.

Noud, the reason you are getting flamed so much is mostly because of this.

Also, and I shouldn't have to explain this, denying xp for killing something twice your lvl or whatever is total BS. You can't stop powerleveling. Besides that, as long as the powerleveling doesnt affect you, you shouldn't care how other people play. Care about how you play, dont worry about anyone else.

As long as the guy doing the pl'ing isnt a total asshole, pl'ing is fine.

*edit* eqraven, its the definition of hypocrisy. He's not saying that people need to be nice when they PL. He's saying they shouldn't be able to play at all, because he wants people to slow down and play the way that gives the most enjoyment (in this case, the way he wants them to, not the way they want to). That's hypocrisy.

Snagglepuss
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
please go lick some windows. why is it always someone with downs feels they have to call me out.

Check and mate.

Here's a perfect example of why players get frustrated. People resort to name calling and put downs.

Yes, you are playing chess against a person-- as you playing an MMORPG against other players. When you understand all the possible piece movements, mechanics, and methods much like a player understands a 12 year old game, it is going to make competition even fiercer and the game more challenging because the game has evolved.

There's nothing wrong with PLing- bottom line. But don't do it at the expense of others.

It's everyone's sandbox so don't shit in it.

HippoNipple
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM

It doesn't matter what the intention of the gaming experience was meant to be. All that matters is what is, and what you can do with it.

Tomatoking
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Just a little over reaction don't you think. I think how the OP is feeling most of us has felt at some point or another. If you never were annoyed by this, then you are in the minority.

yes this happened to me several times on red , you go spend all your money on pumices then when said person has a bunch of mobs on them you dispell all their buffs and jump on them and get a kill

problem solved

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes, you are playing chess against a person-- as you playing an MMORPG against other players. When you understand all the possible piece movements, mechanics, and methods much like a player understands a 12 year old game, it is going to make competition even fiercer and the game more challenging because the game has evolved.

You are playing against an NPC, NPC's that have been slain over and over again until maximum efficiency is achieved (sometime about 10 years ago). All mechanics, methods and movements have been scoured over by hundreds of people over many years. All exp spots have been mapped out and loot tables readily available.

No new strategies have been invented, no new quests are available, you're not going to come up with anything ground breaker that hasn't been done before.

You talk about fiercer competition like it has ANYTHING to do with game mechanics and not to do with neckbeards and bat phones.

Please stop talking. You're clearly wrong.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
exactly.

Noud, the reason you are getting flamed so much is mostly because of this.

*edit* eqraven, its the definition of hypocrisy. He's not saying that people need to be nice when they PL. He's saying they shouldn't be able to play at all, because he wants people to slow down and play the way that gives the most enjoyment (in this case, the way he wants them to, not the way they want to). That's hypocrisy.

No, I'm saying they shouldn't PL because it is obviously not the intent of the game, nor in the spirit of the game. I'd say the same thing about using any exploit (which I believe Pling is, as is recharging via a merchant - its a bug).

It would be hypocrisy if I told them they have to get gear rather than buy - both are intended avenues. Or if I made the role play instead of power game. All I am looking for is for a common exploit to be eliminated or reigned back. It is only needed because people that cheat are not polite. They have zero people skillsas evidenced by most of their flames (NOT including yours - you're arguing a point not name calling with no basis).

I don't care if someone levels faster.,, why should I? I enjoy the game. If all Plers would do it somewhere where others are not affected, I don't care. But when they make a mockery of the games intent. while stopping me from doing the zone within the games intent (while I could be Pling - but I won't degrade the game), then I object.

I'd only want the rule, because the type of people that cheat, are also the type that don't care about anyone besides themselves, and as such have no issue using the bug to their advantage while screwing others.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
It doesn't matter what the intention of the gaming experience was meant to be. All that matters is what is, and what you can do with it.

A total perfect picture of the new generation. Being polite, being ethical, taking your turn, anything that isn't totally for them and them alone is unheard of.

They do because they can. That's called barbarism. That's why society has rules. So, you can cheat in a variety fo games - do you cheat in all of them because you can.

If someone puts $1000 on a table in real like and walks away trusting you, do you take it? if so, I guess we have nothing to discuss, you're just not a good person.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Its also funny, so many people saying nothing to do because contents been solved and optimized. What about actually role playing your race and class and having fun? Mobs and XP are just side effects and each new character is a journey to building a new life with personality.

Real life is the same way. I don't object to someone stealing because they will have more money than me, I object because it is wrong. I'm not jealous of anyone with no morals, I don't care what they have. I earn what I get, and take pride from it.

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
No, I'm saying they shouldn't PL because it is obviously not the intent of the game, nor in the spirit of the game. I'd say the same thing about using any exploit (which I believe Pling is, as is recharging via a merchant - its a bug).

It would be hypocrisy if I told them they have to get gear rather than buy - both are intended avenues. Or if I made the role play instead of power game. All I am looking for is for a common exploit to be eliminated or reigned back. It is only needed because people that cheat are not polite. They have zero people skillsas evidenced by most of their flames (NOT including yours - you're arguing a point not name calling with no basis).

I don't care if someone levels faster.,, why should I? I enjoy the game. If all Plers would do it somewhere where others are not affected, I don't care. But when they make a mockery of the games intent. while stopping me from doing the zone within the games intent (while I could be Pling - but I won't degrade the game), then I object.

I'd only want the rule, because the type of people that cheat, are also the type that don't care about anyone besides themselves, and as such have no issue using the bug to their advantage while screwing others.

ITT: PEOPLE THAT POWERLEVEL ARE CHEATING,LYING and EXPLOITING, but I don't care, as long as they don't do it around me, but if they take my EXP then they're cheaters and they lie and they exploit and and..

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
ITT: PEOPLE THAT POWERLEVEL ARE CHEATING,LYING and EXPLOITING, but I don't care, as long as they don't do it around me, but if they take my EXP then they're cheaters and they lie and they exploit and and..

Its not that I don't care.. but what can I do? In real life someone is stealing from someone somewhere right now.. Do I not care? Of course I care, but I can't act.

Obviously in game, we all take ethics a biut less seriously. And we have to choose our battles. Yes, I pick a battle with someone ruining my experience while cheating or using exploits. If I could stop it all, I would, If I could stop all people in RL from stealing, I would.

What exactly is your point?

It amazed me how many people don't realize that people will give up things they COULD do, strictly out of a sense of right and wrong. They always assume that the person objecting is jealous. LOL. Yeah, I'm jealous of people that cheat and lie. I'm so sad that I have ethics and character and I limit myself to being kind. I give back extra money if a cashier makes a mistake. By your logic if I pointed out a mistake made by a cashier to you, I'm doing it because I'm jealous I didn't benefit from the mistake?

Could it be, that some of us, actually do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing? And then, if someone tromps all over that, its really that bad for me to ask that people behave ethically?

Raavak
12-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't care if people are powerleveled as long as it's not at the expense of others.
This is my belief too. Unfortunately several times though my P99 career I've run into PL'ers who stole my mobs or who have trained me, either on accident or on purpose, I don't know. In most cases they were real jerks about it too when you called them out on it.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
This is my belief too. Unfortunately several times though my P99 career I've run into PL'ers who stole my mobs or who have trained me, either on accident or on purpose, I don't know. In most cases they were real jerks about it too when you called them out on it.

Exactly. I do care either way, but its a game. If they choose to cheat, no ione is harmed by themselves. But way too often they think its a given right to PL and own a zone, no matter who else it hurts. And most times, they just try and belittle you like you're a noob. I have high level characters, I don't use them to help my alts. Don't assume I'm a noob because I choose not to cheat with my lower level characters.

If you want to PL, do it somewhere where no one else is harmed. Since most of the people that PL won't bother to do that, I ask for the 2xlevel XP restriction.

Strifer
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Could it be, that some of us, actually do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing?

I don't completely disagree with you, but this entire issue is in such a grey fog you're never going to get any sort of GM action short of what we currently have in place. Powerleveling isn't the issue, its people being cockgoblins.

Playing a necro, I used to camp in Misty Thicket and help out younger players who were starting out. Handing out spears, giving plat, and occasionally darknessing and fearing mobs for a select few that I was having a good chat with while FD...essentially giving them xp for next to nothing. Does that make me liable to get a surprise GM visit?

And what about high level clerics/druids/shamans/whateverthehell going to oasis docks and giving sweet buffs to newer players, yet you were unable to get there in time, allowing your competition to kill faster and possibly depriving you of some mobs. Do those people deserve to have action taken against them for taking five minutes to help out strangers?

Nothing is wrong with powerleveling in many different forms and in a top-heavy server you're bound to find it, nobody wants to have their friend start a new acct and play with them, but refuse to help them because they'd rather make them go lfg for hours because thats "the way it was intended" and for some reason helping lower level chars is as bad as two boxing.

You'll find douches everywhere, if not in oasis, youll find people taking your spawns in solB, or training your afk self in Karnors. It sucks but that's also part of the game.

TL;DR- Don't hate the game, hate the douche player

eqravenprince
12-18-2012, 03:46 PM
yes this happened to me several times on red , you go spend all your money on pumices then when said person has a bunch of mobs on them you dispell all their buffs and jump on them and get a kill

problem solved

I understand now, you're a pvper.. mystery solved.

Snagglepuss
12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
You are playing against an NPC, NPC's that have been slain over and over again until maximum efficiency is achieved (sometime about 10 years ago). All mechanics, methods and movements have been scoured over by hundreds of people over many years. All exp spots have been mapped out and loot tables readily available.

No new strategies have been invented, no new quests are available, you're not going to come up with anything ground breaker that hasn't been done before.

You talk about fiercer competition like it has ANYTHING to do with game mechanics and not to do with neckbeards and bat phones.

Please stop talking. You're clearly wrong.

I'm sorry you're right. You don't play against other players in EQ. They don't have any influence on the game. In fact, EQ isn't an MMORPG at all!

Also, people make up new chess moves all the time. They even add new pieces all the time. I think the board squares change all the time just like Norrath does so no one can remember any opening moves or can master any spawn location or quest.

I mean this site doesn't tell you how to play every single opening, trap or gambit.

http://www.eudesign.com/chessops/ch-index.htm

This site doesn't tell you how to beat bosses...

http://wiki.project1999.org/Category:Raid_Encounters

I totally forgot that complete information does not lead to efficiency. That's why market arbitrage doesn't exist; no one makes any money playing poker; and for god's sake that's why no one can look up information on a wiki and know exactly how to beat any boss or mob. It certainly doesn't make for more competition for camps or good exp spots...

And most of all both games haven't been scoured by hundreds of players for many years looking to exploit every strategy...

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry you're right. You don't play against other players in EQ. They don't have any influence on the game. In fact, EQ isn't an MMORPG at all!

Also, people make up new chess moves all the time. They even add new pieces all the time. I think the board squares change all the time just like Norrath does so no one can remember any opening moves or can master any spawn location or quest.

I mean this site doesn't tell you how to play every single opening, trap or gambit.

http://www.eudesign.com/chessops/ch-index.htm

This site doesn't tell you how to beat bosses...

http://wiki.project1999.org/Category:Raid_Encounters

I totally forgot that complete information does not lead to efficiency. That's why market arbitrage doesn't exist; no one makes any money playing poker; and for god's sake that's why no one can look up information on a wiki and know exactly how to beat any boss or mob. It certainly doesn't make for more competition for camps or good exp spots...

And most of all both games haven't been scoured by hundreds of players for many years looking to exploit every strategy...

Do I really need to post the sites THAT DO tell you how to beat every boss ?

Like how fucking daft are you ? Please continue to compare EQ to chess, while we all give 0 fucks.

What exactly is your point?

MY point is, Power leveling is far from cheating or exploiting. You're literally making it up to support your argument. It's been classic since day one. If you can't adapt to a strategy thats been used since there was a first ever lvl 50 druid, I don't know what to tell you.

Noudess
12-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Playing a necro, I used to camp in Misty Thicket and help out younger players who were starting out. Handing out spears, giving plat, and occasionally darknessing and fearing mobs for a select few that I was having a good chat with while FD...essentially giving them xp for next to nothing. Does that make me liable to get a surprise GM visit?

And what about high level clerics/druids/shamans/whateverthehell going to oasis docks and giving sweet buffs to newer players, yet you were unable to get there in time, allowing your competition to kill faster and possibly depriving you of some mobs. Do those people deserve to have action taken against them for taking five minutes to help out strangers?

TL;DR- Don't hate the game, hate the douche player

No, its helping out. Sure, there is a fine line here, but common sense should figure it out pretty quickly. I think 999 out of 1000 people can discern a friendly gesture between characters and zone abuse.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I need to rejoin this disputation in good earnest.

When I joined the server, a few months ago, and after I had done my time in Nektulos just to barely earn spell and food money, I journeyed out, ready to make my usual mark in the world.

I immediately cajoled orc campers to come, come with me, to Befallen! The zone you fall in.

That night, phone calls were being made, couriers were being dispatched, people were being awakened from their beds: Behold! Sadre the Enchanter is doing cc in Befallen!

I thought it was supposed to be normal. I was told at the time "dude no one does this, and this kicks ass."

Yes, yes it does.

Now, while at least 80% of that delirious fun was having me, Sadre the Enchanter, the juicebox summoner, the person to whom the Queen herself defers when debating strats, nevertheless, that leaves 20% of fun even if I am not there.

It was only later I realized: no one does this as a rule, and I would have to find my own groups if I wanted to adventure.

Which is turning out to be nearly impossible.

Why? The universal answer is, in essence, "not an efficient way of leveling."

And that, sarcasm off, is the problem. "Not an efficient way of leveling." On an emu server. With the next expansion coming out sometime after the next Star Wars trilogy. After which, the server is then done releasing expansions.

This. Is. Madness.

I shall start a guild. It shall be called Sadre's Delevelers. I'll take you DOWN.

Although it is not 1999, and the Queen is quite anxious about Kate and the concerning growing dementia of Prince Charles, she nevertheless told me she was quite tempted, quite tempted indeed, to roll her usual character, a female troll warrior. She is one ugly muther tankin bitch in real life, she likes to say.

Cippofra
12-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Not really hypocrisy, the PLer and PLee are happy while everyone else in the zone is not happy and forced to be relocated. I don't care if people are powerleveled as long as it's not at the expense of others.

Which means your issue is with people being douchebags. Not with powerleveling. Right? Heres a secret, for every 1 decent person on this server, theres 15 douchebags. Part of society. Any society, pixels or otherwise.

Strifer
12-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Although it is not 1999, and the Queen is quite anxious about Kate and the concerning growing dementia of Prince Charles, she nevertheless told me she was quite tempted, quite tempted indeed, to roll her usual character, a female troll warrior. She is one ugly muther tankin bitch in real life, she likes to say.

For some reason now I would like crumpets and tea. Thanks for that

Snagglepuss
12-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Do I really need to post the sites THAT DO tell you how to beat every boss ?

Like how fucking daft are you ? Please continue to compare EQ to chess, while we all give 0 fucks.

MY point is, Power leveling is far from cheating or exploiting. You're literally making it up to support your argument. It's been classic since day one. If you can't adapt to a strategy thats been used since there was a first ever lvl 50 druid, I don't know what to tell you.

LOL you got me. I'm being trolled.

I thought you just didn't get my sarcasm and caustic, biting remarks...

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Bro's not only should Powerleveling banned, but the anon setting should be take out too, so every last newbie can spam me for shaman buffs in every zone i go in.

awesome bro. i definitely want to str/dex/agi/sta/tails/ac/haste/regen every person I come across.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
^^^ that was some fine titty baby whining there my friend.

Look me up in game; I'll show you how to make a /reply macro that politely says "sorry, I don't give out free buffs, live the dream!"

wanker.

Slave
12-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Look me up in game; I'll show you how to make a /reply macro that politely says "sorry, I don't give out free buffs, live the dream!"

wanker.

I just made one that says "I don't buff up, I grow up. And when I look at you, I throw up. And then your mom comes around the corner and licks it up."

Just in case I ever feel like being a gigantic cock waffle.

rekreant
12-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Bro's not only should Powerleveling banned, but the anon setting should be take out too, so every last newbie can spam me for shaman buffs in every zone i go in.

awesome bro. i definitely want to str/dex/agi/sta/tails/ac/haste/regen every person I come across.

People ask me for ports all the time, and I tell them no all the time. And when they ask my chanter for c2 I ask for donation; if they complain they get clicky c1.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
You can still find groups on p99. i find them every day, multiple times a day. Its not that difficult.

You're not going to get powerleveling "banned". its just not going to happen, and there's no sense arguing about it. I don't think everyone who Pl's is a douchebag. Are there many? yes, but that doesn't mean all. I've met many powerlevelers who step aside and let you take camps in a zone they are pling in.

Noud, you are definitely contradicting yourself in many of your posts. First you say everyone should play the way they want, then you say the only way to play is your way. I'm sure there's other contradictions in there too, but thats the biggest one. It doesnt matter what you say at this point. This isn't going to happen.

One final thing for you to consider - many people who PL are players who have invited their friends to play the game and are many levels higher than the person who is just starting up. They want to play with their friend but they dont want to start a whole new character and do it all over again, so they PL. I am currently doing this for a RL friend who hasnt played in over a decade. We wouldn't be able to play together if I wasn't pl'ing him. But again, I am courteous about it and go to an area where there arent many players.

Tl;dr this pl ban thing isnt going to happen. nor is the 2x your lvl no xp thing.

Safon
12-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I've been on this server since year one. I've seen this thread created time and time again. I've seen the same arguments made, over and over.

Power levelling wasn't ever banned. It will never be banned.

Deal with it

Massive Marc
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM

wanker.

i cant take anyone seriously that uses the word wanker.

Itap
12-18-2012, 10:20 PM

this

Why the fuck is this thread still going?

Frogie305
12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Why the fuck is this thread still going?

Cause of this http://i47.tinypic.com/25rjsy0.jpg

SamwiseRed
12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
wow is this moran really comparing eq to chess lol. thread off the goddamn rails at this point.

gotrocks
12-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Cause of this http://i47.tinypic.com/25rjsy0.jpg

sprite golems back

someone must be mad.

webrunner5
12-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Funny how some people think PL is cheating on here. How about wanting a DS in the tunnel is that cheating. Regen is that cheating. Hell having C2 at level 10 is sort of cheating. What about the Haste bug on here being able to have 36% haste at level 1 with a CoF. Cheating? How about being level 46 and sneaking in a level 60 group in KC for example. Hmmm some people are really funny.

Swish
12-19-2012, 09:21 AM
i cant take anyone seriously that uses the word wanker.

Canadians mocking the English, ahahaha! Good one :D

Raavak
12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Heres a secret, for every 1 decent person on this server, theres 15 douchebags.
I would say its the other way around and its the main reason I have an immense amount of fun here.

Xer0
12-19-2012, 02:35 PM

lol guy with nearly 3k threadcount making fun of someone for being " probably fat"
go shave your neck and get a girlfriend.

Xer0
12-20-2012, 01:37 AM
I would also like to state that twoboxing was not a bannable offense in classic, according to my pal who got me into the game originally.. So if we're all gonna defend powerlevelling because "it's classic" wheres the support for twoboxing.. yet pro-pl supporters call us hypocrites ;)