PDA

View Full Version : Fun/Challenging Solo Spots for 50+ Druids

wingelefoot
12-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Hey all,

Long time lurker, ... probably posted like twice before. Anyhow, I was a bit inspired by the solo master thread, and was curious to see if anyone had suggestions for a mid 50s druid to get his feet wet with solo'ing some harder zones/camps/mobs. I usually play odd hours and find it difficult to group, so I'm looking for some challenges to keep the game fun. I don't think I can solo any of the stuff on the solo master thread, but I'd like to sharpen my skills to get there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :).

Handull
12-16-2012, 04:56 AM
at 49-50 I found mistmoore really fun to solo and farm for plat (stuff was worth a bit more than it is now). had just gotten new spells but still had to invis aroud and be careful. tho by mid 50's that zone is trivial.

soloing raptors in TD with charm is fun for a bit and nice exp. then it just becomes work, but hey, thats what grinding is.

perma pits again are more of an exp grind, but the tricks you learn getting down there solo and surviving carry over to anything else. this is more for 55+ toons.

next in terms of charming would be chardok. this i best for 58-60 or even 59-60. imo outside chardok is a nice place for a druid to bind, though its not entirely obvious why. i've solo'd iksar betrayer without strings as well as (iirc) my sbs without using strings. its a very hard zone tho. just remember, only the dogs see invis, and while you can't harmo, the dogs are animal....

then there's the big cheese of druid solo-ing/charming, and thats Plane of Fear. yeah, you pretty much have to be 60, bind outside the portal, have a manastone, and having es-legs/robe-of-the-spring will make it go quicker. i did solo one of the golems without strings or anything fancy, but this isn't something i would suggest anyone try with high hopes of having a quick and easy time of it.

going back a step, KC is an amazing place to solo once you have your 52 fire dot and even better at 55+. the exp root/rotting bezerker rooms/jail is nice, just know zerker likes to break root early unless ur 58+. first thing you want to learn in this zone is how to train to zone in without getting yourself killed. from there you'll learn what you can/can't pull from where to where, etc. its a great zone for a druid cause harmo works. even with a full pop on off hours you can get from zone in to any named mob without agroing anything. and if you do agro, there are a lot of good places to root mobs and camp agro, just gotta learn them. (or just train out and start over)

at 59+ you can play around in HS-north and seb, but there isn't too much in HS north to kill, and i find seb to be disappointing (unless something really nice is up and i use strings to kill it). i end up running around for hours in seb risking my neck to snipe a few mobs that rarely drop anything.

Solo-ing fire giants and efreeti is fun, and greame has done some pretty nice stuff along those lines.

thats all that comes to mind for right now, but i'm probably forgetting a few things

bluejam
12-16-2012, 07:25 AM
kedge

Jerin
12-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I'd like to sharpen my skills
As a Druid, anything outdoors is not a challenge, period.

oddibemcd
12-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Ploktor has given you a good list and he's probably the most experienced druid soloer on the server. He also is pretty tricked out gear wise.

For us more-mortal druids, Kedge, perma pits and Chardok are the dungeon charming zones to really cut your teeth. Kedge and perma both double as very good XP spots as well. By the time you are charming in Chardok, you're probably lvl 60 or darn close to it.

KC, as Ploktor mentioned is also an interesting spot, but for different reasons. The three previous zones are usually empty, where as you are competing for mobs in KC. Time is much more important when running for a named mob because someone else is usually going for it as well. I feel bad for LCY groups because they stand a pretty good chance of getting trained when there are a couple druids in there tracking for nameds and trying to harmo their way there.

If you want a real challenge, go to OoT and try to get a full quad of seafuries without having them stolen.

Briscoe
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
If you want a real challenge, go to OoT and try to get a full quad of seafuries without having them stolen.

Just don't snare them before you have all four on the edge of the island, and you're 99% safe.

Handull
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Ploktor has given you a good list and he's probably the most experienced druid soloer on the server. He also is pretty tricked out gear wise.

For us more-mortal druids,

true, but i worked my way up.

Kedge, perma pits and Chardok are the dungeon charming zones to really cut your teeth. Kedge and perma both double as very good XP spots as well. By the time you are charming in Chardok, you're probably lvl 60 or darn close to it.

forgot about kedge, good spot, but get an EB item (and a fungi staff helps)

KC, as Ploktor mentioned is also an interesting spot, but for different reasons. The three previous zones are usually empty, where as you are competing for mobs in KC. Time is much more important when running for a named mob because someone else is usually going for it as well. I feel bad for LCY groups because they stand a pretty good chance of getting trained when there are a couple druids in there tracking for nameds and trying to harmo their way there.

He did say he plays at off hours, so he'll have a little less competing but also a bit harder time getting past all the pathers which can get anoying. not to say there wont be mobs to race for, and thats fun!

wingelefoot
12-17-2012, 04:48 AM
is it rude to harmo past LCY groups? to get to jail/zerker?

Urbanzkopf
12-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Yes if they LCY are killing the rooms with zerker/warlord there.... But I've still had groups lay claim to warlord even tho he is on track for over 20 minutes but I just take anyway it's obv they can't. As for jail that's pretty much ffa aslong as you can get there safe / someone isnt sitting there camping it.