PDA

View Full Version : Just so I'm not wasting my time,

Nuncio
12-15-2012, 10:53 AM
I had never played a bard until I tired one on the Shards of Dalaya EMU.

On that one, I could create a macro that let me play a couple songs at a time.

Hasn't worked on this server, but I seem to remember this being the case for other bards back when the game went live.

If this is intentional, thats all good, I can run with manually weaving songs, just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Ele
12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
There is no /melody, and never will be.

Prepare yourself for CTS.

Nuncio
12-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I thought so, thats all good with me. Thanks for verification.

SirAlvarex
12-15-2012, 01:17 PM
There aren't melodies, but you can create a macro like:

/stopsong
/cast 1

To keep you from clicking songs twice to cast them.

Calabee
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
There aren't melodies, but you can create a macro like:

/stopsong
/cast 1

To keep you from clicking songs twice to cast them.

which works oh so well considering the ammount of missed notes here...............

Splorf22
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
The amount of missed notes is absolutely crazy in my opinion. When I got Solon's Song of the Sirens at 27, I would miss notes on average 65% of the time or so. Now at 32 its maybe 40%. Just insane.

falkun
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
The amount of missed notes is absolutely crazy in my opinion. When I got Solon's Song of the Sirens at 27, I would miss notes on average 65% of the time or so. Now at 32 its maybe 40%. Just insane.

To be fair, this song is the first wind song that's worth anything, and it requires a wind instrument. When you started, you probably had close to zero wind skill, its like trying to cast your first evocation nuke at 27...you're going to fizzle a lot. AFK invis songing overnight, you'll miss a lot less notes in the morning. At least you don't have to actually cast a spell all night, can just leave the song runnning while AFK.

SamwiseRed
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
To be fair, this song is the first wind song that's worth anything, and it requires a wind instrument. When you started, you probably had close to zero wind skill, its like trying to cast your first evocation nuke at 27...you're going to fizzle a lot. AFK invis songing overnight, you'll miss a lot less notes in the morning. At least you don't have to actually cast a spell all night, can just leave the song runnning while AFK.

you dont need wind instrument to play this song.

SirAlvarex
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
which works oh so well considering the ammount of missed notes here...............

I dunno, I only miss a note once every 20-30 casts. Typically the missed notes just come in bunches, so they're noticeable.

I think it annoys me far less than others on the forum/server, as I haven't had an issue with it.

jerok88
12-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I think the missed notes is equal with how it was on live, having played a bard from kunark-planes.