PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Dwarven graphic animations

Noudess
12-14-2012, 08:47 PM
When a dwarf jumps, on other people's screen it looks like he is bowing.

When a dwarf runs and jumps (camera bahind) he does a barrel roll. This does not show up on other people's screens.

nilbog
03-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Tested this and found the same results, but not only with dwarves. Had a half elf jump, and they appeared to be ducking.

Are there other animations that do not work?

khanable
03-27-2014, 01:03 PM
I know female dark elf jump is dumb

WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM GIRLS

think it happens on human chicks too

Iksar 2hs animation is awful, is this something that can be modified on our end? I'd be happy to look into it if so

To be honest, I don't think I can see anyone else's jump animations at all

nilbog
03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Iksar 2hs animation is awful, is this something that can be modified on our end? I'd be happy to look into it if so

iksars never had a 2hs slash animation of which I'm aware.

khanable
03-27-2014, 01:07 PM
iksars never had a 2hs slash animation of which I'm aware.

Right, what I'm asking is if this is something we can 'mod' in a sense, so that it's not terrible, or if it's something that is hard coded into the client

ala the graphics mods we see here etc

nilbog
03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't think it is possible tbh. Modifying graphics is one thing, but adding animations that never existed is a whole different animal.

khanable
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Okay. Thank you.

Also: be sure to check the female DE/human if you haven't - I know those animations do weird things when they jump (they wave their arms like crazy). I don't remember if it's classic and I remember asking friends if they could see the ridiculous jumps and they never could.

Danth
03-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Same thing with my wife's Barbarian female shaman: she jumps, on my screen I see her "duck".

Danth

bulbousaur
03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
The waving arms like crazy is the falling animation, is it not?