PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation

RahlaeRuffian
12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Don't level any of your toons to 60 til Velious. There will basically be the same risk running through most of the zones in Velious at 60. Might as well make it even that more dangerous! Besides, no one wants to grind the same zones til they reach that pinnacle unless they take this emu too seriously.

HippoNipple
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
huh?

RahlaeRuffian
12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I can't read either.

Briscoe
12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
wut

Furniture
12-14-2012, 07:19 PM
translation: Velious zones pose similar risk no matter your level, so i recommend you don't level to 60 until then. You might as well make Velious even more dangerous to play in! Besides, nobody wants to play velious to grind for loot, faction, etc, they want to grind velious for exp (unless they take this emu too seriously).

thanks for the advice ill try to level as slow as i can (maybe even quit the game) to make sure i don't reach 60 before velious

RahlaeRuffian
12-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Almost a perfect translation! Just working on alts to get them near 50 until then. It just seems like it would be boring once I got to 60 and only had faction and raids to do.

Silo69
12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
what if you already have 8 char slots all filled with 60s?

Ele
12-14-2012, 11:07 PM
what if you already have 8 char slots all filled with 60s?

Doing it wrong.

stormlord
12-15-2012, 12:30 AM
This doesn't work if you don't like playing alts.

And what you say is kind of confusing. I think what you're saying is that by leveling to 60 right now you don't gain a whole lot since being at 60 or 50 in velious doesn't matter much; it's virtually the same danger in the zones. So may as well roll up an alt and play that and wait until velious hits and then go to 60. That way you can get the benefits of the expansion like more zones and better items without grinding too much in old zones and without feeling like the extra levels were meaningless.

And you know... if people LIKE playing the game RIGHT NOW, who cares? Really?

I never understand people who just think about level. While I understand that levels give us more power, to me power is not all that is. My enjoyment also matters. I do whatever preserves it.

I entered a raid guild once and wow was it awesome, for a while. We touched a level of gaming I had never met before. It was something I won't forget. However, it was just too much. Eventually, I left. In a lot of ways, those people are like people who look at their level too much. They're strict and play hard, but sooo square. Where's the imagination? Where's the love of fantasy and roleplaying? Where's the magic?

Don't let the numbers rule your life. Without MAGIC, it has nothing worth preserving. You know, people don't just live to work or to follow the numbers, they live because they have a dream. If you never take time away from the numbers or the work, you're not going to find the time to develop your dream.

Maybe I'm being belligerent. I don't know. I've fought hard in gaming too, so I am to blame for the same things I am attacking others for here. I just think numbers and work do not define love or dreams. They're not the producers of dreams, they're more like the byproducts of them. Without dreams, we wouldn't be here.

So yes, in a way, I just said that all we know is thanks in part to dreams and unfathomable love. I'm not implying life is a dream, but without dreams it's a cart without a horse, a man without a soul. Look at religion. In many or all cases, it was the dreamers that started it and preserved it. Others jumped on the wagon. The same can be said for philosophy, science, philanthropy, human rights and other things. Dreams ARE powerful.

Servellious
12-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Some people don't want to be the weak link. They don't want to be chain feared during a fight with a dragon

If you like holding others back more power to you

webrunner5
12-15-2012, 02:55 AM
I am glad this thread started. I was getting worried on what one to vote on as the worse thread of 2012. But there is 2 weeks left!

Vladesch
12-15-2012, 04:54 AM
I never figured running through the zones in velious was much of an issue anyway. Except perhaps the dragon place (which you basically have to grind faction for), or SG (which I always hitched a succor).
Why I would hold off levelling is beyond me. The OP's logic doesn't make any sense to me.