PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: /who all LFG unreliable

Chicka
06-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Over the last few days I have noticed a few times when a /who all lfg 35 45 will list players whether they are lfg or not. Ive had others in my groups confirm the problem. It also seems to get better on its own, even in the same session, unknown why or how.

astarothel
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I have been having issues with incorporating LFG into the query as well, no matter where I stick it.

Lazortag
06-05-2010, 05:18 PM
It will probably include people who have the letters "LFG" consecutively in their name, like if your name was Olfga or something

astarothel
06-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Nah, its intermittent. Like it's working for me now in ECT, but last night in SolB when I was looking for a replacement it was listing everyone online, not everyone that was LFG.

girth
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Noticed this bug as well. It seems completely random, and it fixes itself sometimes.

But with no globals, this seems like VERY shitty bug.

Rogean
06-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Yea, threads like this don't help me. I need exact steps to replicate.

LFG works a little strange because it actually uses the "guildid" field of the who all struct, using a variable of 0xFF.

I know the client re-uses variables for /who all, because I've seen it send old data on who all requests before.. which may be part of the issue, and thus unfixable. We'll see though.

girth
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I cannot replicate it. Sometimes when I do /who all LFG it doesn't use the LFG so it just does a /who all. When that happens, no matter what you do, it won't pick up LFG in your query. /who all 50 cleric LFG will not show LFG clerics.

It is completely random from what I have seen, and I've seen it about 2 or 3 times.

I was in sol b, though it wasn't just messed up there obviously if I was using all in the query. I cannot think of anything I did prior to seeing it that would have caused it. I was in the zone for like 6 hours once when it happened so I doubt its from zone bugs or anything like that.

Lazortag
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
/who all LFG isn't even that important - not everyone remembers to put themselves LFG and you can usually send a tell to a person in a nearby zone at a nearby level. That's how we did it back in the day.

astarothel
06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
/who 40 50 cleric lfg all

is my standard query for when I am looking for a replacement.

Last night while in SolB the query just got me a bunch of random class/level players all over Norrath. I moved the lfg around in the string but it still did the same thing

Had to do a /who 40 50 cleric all and whisper people if they wanted my spot. :confused:

Ropethunder
06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
This format works correctly:

/who lfg all 40 50

This does not not:

/who all lfg 40 50

Chicka
06-06-2010, 07:28 AM
This format works correctly:

/who lfg all 40 50

This does not not:

/who all lfg 40 50

This doesn't ring true to me because I have been using /who all lfg for a while with it working, and like I say, sometimes it doesn't work. Perhaps this is a data point the devs can use to nail down the issue.

YendorLootmonkey
06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
This doesn't help the thread, but the subject line got me thinking... I would like to see "/who all LFG unreliable" added so we know who not to add to our groups when looking for more.

Phil
06-06-2010, 06:54 PM
dunno if this helps:

I saw some people mentioning sol b. When I was in Sol B, I had the same problem with this command. When I zoned out to Lavastorm, the problem went away.

Uaellaen
06-07-2010, 06:43 AM
are you guys using the SoF client?

/ all lfg 40 50 worked every time i used it, i am using the titanium client.

guineapig
06-07-2010, 07:50 AM
I have also been using "/who all LFG 34 50" without any issues ever. Most recently I did it about 10 times in a row in LGuk yesterday morning.

If you accidentally hit your spacebar twice doing a "/who all LFG 40 50" will actually return results for "/who all LFG". I don't know about a possibly bug in SolB this this could be what some people are accidentally doing.

Bumamgar
06-07-2010, 08:02 AM
It works 95% of the time. Recently, however (in the last few days), it sometimes fails to work (returning /who all instead of /who all lfg). It's fairly intermittent, although when it fails to work, it seems to affect many people at the same time.

astarothel
06-07-2010, 08:38 AM
are you guys using the SoF client?

/ all lfg 40 50 worked every time i used it, i am using the titanium client.

Titanium

guineapig
06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
So I'm guessing that if you try it once and it does not produce the correct results, you can try again to return the proper search results?

Is this an accurate assessment?

astarothel
06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
no, it does it consecutively. Not sure what happens to make it work again.

Ihealyou
06-07-2010, 03:19 PM
When this happens to me, if I type it in the same way again it works fine.

My who usually looks like this: / cle lfg all

dali_lb
06-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I am using the Titanium Client too, and I also noticed this, so it isn't anything about the client, and it's not only in SolB, but the problem sure happens in SolB
Example of other day in SolB:
1. time /who lfg 40 50 all -- turned up a whole bunch of people .. 20+
2. time /who lfg 40 50 all (10 sec. later) turned up 2 people.

there is some odities happening if you include classes in the command and depending wich order you put the variables it also turns out different, or don't work at all.

Will try if i can some ss's of it

Chicka
06-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Failing right now. I'm in solb doing / all kedge and getting nothing, yet I hae people on my friends list that show up in that zone.

setver
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
the / all lfg 20 30 or whatever range you give sometimes does this to me as well. I wait a few seconds, then hit shift+up and resend the command it it'll fix itself. usually. sometimes it takes another try or two.

Titanium.

dali_lb
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
still wonder if the order you put the parameters in matters .. eg /who all 30 40 vs /who 30 40 all

pickled_heretic
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
The order matters not at all. I have had /who all lfg 35 50 both work and not work, and i've had /who lfg 35 50 all both work and not work. As far as reproducibility, well, no. I can't reproduce it consistently. When it doesn't work, it doesn't work. After a while it just works again. It doesn't matter if you zone or whatever, it just will eventually randomly start working again. And then stop working again.