PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Pet Guard command

dali_lb
06-05-2010, 11:03 AM
On live, when you used the /pet guard command, pets would always turn towards the nearest npc. On p99 pet just chooses a random direction to point at.

Chicka
06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Actually they didnt just turn to closest pc, they followed it by turning to always face it as it moved by, was very useful actually.

dali_lb
06-07-2010, 05:35 AM
not pc ... npc.

yes they followed moving mobs nearby. It used to be usefull when sitting meditating facing one direction and a mob spawn to eg. your left, pet would turn towards it, indicating your mob/named/ph or whatever your camping spawned

Gorroth
06-08-2010, 04:07 AM
One of its many uses: link (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1240).

RE: Number of giants
Posted: Jul 06 2004 9:12pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
BarGiora
65 posts
Score: Decent
didn't kill a single one, but did as this post said;

"We have used the following method on 4 shawls in a row and spawned Tanik every time. You need to have a pet for this method to work.

1) Pull and kill the two guards at the bottom of the ramp to Kael.

2) Place your pet at the top of the ramp on the North side and set him to /pet guard.

3) Face your pet and run backwards in the direction your pet is facing.

4) You will hit the trigger that spawns Tanik. Hand him the vial after you hail him and go to Thurgadin to get your 4th shawl.

Haynar
06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Working on it. I have it working on my test server, but I don't like the way the pet turns. So I gotta work with setting a delta. But I am close to having this feature work. I still need to get on live and check some range info, to see how far away pet will face mobs. But I am getting closer on this.

I used it to find Tanik too.

Haynar

dali_lb
06-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Wtg Haynar, your the man :cool:

Afterwards could you look at the regen, if it could be fixed too ? ;)

Uaellaen
06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
and the pet attack range? yeah we are demanding >< sorreh but i hate that i have to practicaly sit on the mob for the pet to attack ><

nilbog
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Make new threads for new issues. If there are current threads.. then you're wrong !

Haynar
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
and the pet attack range? yeah we are demanding >< sorreh but i hate that i have to practicaly sit on the mob for the pet to attack ><
I will look into it.

Haynar

Uaellaen
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I will look into it.

Haynar

you are my hero!

Haynar
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
What I found on live, was that pets will not attack, unless the mob is less than 200 range away. The setting I found in the database, corresponded to 250 range. Then I did some testing.

What I found, was if the pet was greater than 250 range, when you told it to attack a mob, it ignored the attack. So mobs had to be less than 250 range from the pet, for /pet attack to function at all.

I remembered going out in east karana, farming silk and runing fast as i could, target /pet attack, target /pet attack, mass killing. After one was dead, pet would move to next closest mob i had told to attack, and so on and so forth. Provided the spacing between mobs was not too great.

Yea. Right. Pets were not even close to being coded like that. If it was on the hate list, it would go attack it anywhere in the zone. If a pet wasn't attacking, it was because it had no one on its hate list.

So...... after quite a few changes. Pets in an upcoming patch, should maintain their hate lists, and aggro range behavior like live. Along with facing the nearest NPC while they are guarding.

Haynar