PDA

View Full Version : Shaman preperation for Velious

Massive Marc
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
During Velious on live, I was playing a Bard with little knowledge of where a Shaman should be at gear/spell-wise. With the current price of upper tier items and spells for Shaman, I need to budget my plat appropriately.

What are the key Shaman items and spells needed to progress and camp stuff effectively in Velious ?

I'm also looking for a webpage for Classic Velious drops,zones etc..

Triangle
12-19-2012, 01:41 AM
I guess it depends on what precisely you mean by "progress and camp stuff effectively".

If you mean groups and raids, then you basically just need malo, to a lesser extent torpor, and for raids specifically I suppose some good resist gear/hp gear which can be bought fairly cheap.

For solo camping I will try to list them from most important downwards:
1. torpor
2. malo
3. jbb
4. epic
5. as much HP gear as you can find.
6. fungi

JBB >>>> Fungi in terms of soloing @ 60, but even then its importance pales in comparison to having torpor + malo. So you will be more than "effective" in both raids and groups by simply having torpor + malo. You will be effective soloing if you add in jbb + epic.

If you really want to do some serious soloing then you should start by adding to what is listed in the above paragraph with a fungi tunic and nice hp gear to get yourself at about 2300+ self buffed. The extra HP will allow you to torpor sooner without topping off your HP too quickly and thus losing part of the spell's heals, which is useful in case of really hard hitting mobs, interrupts, and generally with mobs that resist slow the first few times.

The top mobs in terms of what is possible for a Shaman are only doable with puppet strings however, and it should be noted that if you have strings the jbb will no longer be important for at least the encounters you use strings on. However the cost of having strings is very high because they are 100-120k a pop and you need to have a second pair available to you to recharge. The recharge itself costs around 820pp each time.