PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Recruitment Letter

gotrocks
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Following my previous report that was *hastily* dealt with (thanks, nilbog!) I have another along the same mystic scale quest line:
Description: A sarnak recruit in lake of ill omen is supposed to drop a sarnak recruitment letter, a component in the mystic scales pants quest. they do not appear to be dropping, but this is just based off of my own personal experience. After killing roughly an entire levels worth (29-almost30) of recruits, i havent seen a single letter drop. Maybe they are just really rare? But following the same "research" i did for my last bug, they appear to have been quite common on live. See alakhazam link below.

*note* there are two people who state the recruitment letter only drops inside the fort, but that seems odd to me. In any case, ive killed both in and out and found 0. I could be incredibly unlucky, however.

And other people do state they found them on recruits wandering around ill omen.
Relevant NPCs: a sarnak recruit

Relevant LOCs: Lake of Ill Omen

Steps to reproduce bug:
Kill a sarnak recruit

Expected behavior: should drop recruitment letter, at least 1/10 times? probably more.

Evidence/Research: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5051

Relevant screenshots: none needed

Thanks for the unbelievably quick response on my previous bug. Also, if this format doesn't need to be used for simple bugs, please let me know. I don't mind using it, but if its easier to just get "this is the problem blahblahblah" then please let me know.
Thanks!

Also, the title of this post should be "sarnak recruitment letter"

nilbog
12-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I believe this is working as intended.

The sarnaks do drop the letter, but it appears to be quite rare.

http://eq.magelo.com/item/14775

gotrocks
12-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for clearing this up, i meant to edit this post last night but fell asleep before i got a chance, I did end up finding a letter, and can estimate based on the number of sarnaks my group killed that a 2-5% drop rate is indeed what we are at (though im sure you already spotted that :)

Thanks again for an amazingly fast response!

**edit** I was getting conflicting reports on what the drop rate for this was supposed to be, some places stating common other places making it seem more rare - wasn't sure if i was just getting unlucky or if it wasnt in game.