PDA

View Full Version : 47 mage

yraapt
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
I took a long hiatus after the pet nerf, but lately have been getting the itch to play again. I was doing specs, but I see a lot of light blue and I have to nuke a bunch because they never run. It doesn't seem like very efficient exp.

Does anyone have a spot they would recommend for an old mage?

Snagglepuss
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I too took a long hiatus after the pet nerf and returned during the summer. I was already 51 at the time so I can only imagine how frustrating those next levels will be without being able to just heal a max level pet.

For your level, I did Hill Giants because it was my first character and I needed money to buy higher level spells. You'll just need to send in the fire pet and reclaim him when the giant starts to flee and finish him off with a lower level nuke. Bring a lot of Malachite. They should take you to 49 where you can do the same with Seafuries. Neither will be the fastest, but you'll always feel good walking away with your pockets lined with platnium. And it's relatively safe...

I hear CoM is a good zone for that level (solo or group), but I really don't have much experience soloing in Kunark zones. I tended to stick to old world zones because the pets matched up better with the strength of the mobs. Once 51, you can always find a group in KC or safely solo BW fort / Scoriae Hornets, Seafuries, or CoM. Braver souls do Perma lair or Lava Duct Crawlers.

yraapt
12-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks

I think I'll try out CoM. I was thinking it would be too high. If that doesn't work making some plat off HGs sounds good too. :)

isoka
12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
If you have fire pet level 44, go to loio and kill the west wall bloodgills. There are 4 single pullable bloodgills at west wall (+ 2 other single pullable by SW pillar), they start running when low life, so you can send pet, reclaim when bloodgills are down to 5% and finish them with a nuke for full xp.