PDA

View Full Version : Rogues in Velious

theguyy
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
So since there is nothing in velious higher then your epic as far as backstab damage goes what exactly is the point of being a rogue over a monk or even berserking warrior? Something I'm missing?

Ele
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
The fact rogues are still #1 dps?

theguyy
12-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Pretty sure monks and berserking warriors surpass them in Velious raid gear because they get massive weapon upgrades and rogues for the most part get nothing of note.

Splorf22
12-02-2012, 12:00 AM
You could substitute almost any class instead of rogue when comparing against Velious monks. They are the best tanks, the best dps, and arguably the best CC. Somehow Verant forgot to make them the best healers as well.

I played a monk to 46 and they are very strong even in Kunark.

Ele
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Pretty sure monks and berserking warriors surpass them in Velious raid gear because they get massive weapon upgrades and rogues for the most part get nothing of note.

If you are purely looking at what the largest backstab number you can get, then yeah rogues don't improve much. Whereas Velious itemization just makes monks extremely awesome tanks and greatly improves their dps.

Avatar weapons, Vulak/Tunare daggers, better offhand weapons are significant upgrades to Kunark itemization for rogues and should provide better sustained dps (due to evade and not having to monitor hp at a certain level) on the longer fights.

gotrocks
12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
You also have to remember fights in velious become very, very long.

At least compared to kunark/classic.

Rogues still come out basically = to a monk in dps, give or take a little bit. All those backstabs really add up over a 6+ minute fight.

Nirgon
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh so there's fights long enough to use duelist twice?

99% will not catch my drift.

Sup with that bane line.

ben14142001
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I played a Rogue through Velious in a top end raiding guild. Rogues were still #1 in dps on my server and I eventually replaced my epic with ToV daggers. Rogues don't change much, but you still do a ton of dps.

Sebekkha
12-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Mrylokar's dagger if vengeance / Saldrinite Dagger / Primal spear