PDA

View Full Version : Best place for a Mage to farm Plat - Level 16.

feriokun
11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
So I've been hunting Wisps on Wisp (Kerra) Island, and can farm about 10 GLS per hour. (93 plat with the gypsie quest) and selling LSs for 9g a piece.

I was wondering if this is the best place to farm atm for plat or if there is another place where you could get more than about 100 plat per hour?

Thanks in advance!

Pyrion
11-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Wisps are the best for a long time imho. But if you keep doing wisps you will not level much more and that means you will be stuck level wise and missing out on higher level opportunities.

isoka
11-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Sisters in lfay are good money.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

feriokun
11-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Sisters in lfay are good money.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

Thanks for the link!

Snagglepuss
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
If this is your first character (as my mage was), wisp island, gargoyle eyes, and L'fay sisters are the best for farming a little cash for those lower level spells.

My advice is do not get "stuck" farming money at lower levels because at higher levels platinum will flow- just get enough to buy your spells and your torch. Your first objective should be getting to level 39 so you can start killing hill giants. It's silly how in a few HG kills you make what you would in a night of killing wisps.

I literally wore my "newb" robe until I got 50 and got my Hate robe. Our class is VERY gear independent. I think at one point in my 30s, my corpse fell beneath the ground and while waiting for a GM to summon, I bummed some malachite and solo'd the Unrest Basement.

tekniq
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
the best way to farm plat at that level is EC tunnels. sit there naked holding a cracked staff and start begging people like the broke man you are...worked on me, i outfitted lots of panhandlers when they caught me in a good mood.

phobus
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
the best way to farm plat at that level is EC tunnels. sit there naked holding a cracked staff and start begging people like the broke man you are...worked on me, i outfitted lots of panhandlers when they caught me in a good mood.

People who really need the money wouldn't be wielding a Cracked Staff anyway. You can tell the truly needy because they are still holding a Dagger* at level 10, having sold every Cracked Staff they looted for spell money.

SamwiseRed
12-07-2012, 09:14 PM
ye i made a level 1 warrior, slowly leveled and begged around EC. by the time i was 13 i had a fungi, 2 lammies, and all sorts of goodness.