PDA

View Full Version : Weird online FPS disconnect/freeze issues

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
So I hadn't tried playing any games on my desktop except p1999 since, like, the first couple days of BL2 being out. Then a few days ago Steam had a sale on Arma 2, so I bought combined operations so I could try out DayZ. I did all the stuff I was supposed to do, and managed to load into multiple different servers just fine, but then I would get freezes, disconnects (battleye couldn't connect issue), and even a couple BSODs about some secondary clock not receiving a signal within the allotted time or some shit.

I looked around about this (battleye) issue and a lot of people had it, some people got it fixed in a variety of different ways, some people haven't gotten it fixed. But for me, it seems, the problems extend beyond DayZ and Battleye. I've tried to play Battlefield 3, Planetside 2, Tribes Ascend, and Borderlands 2 also. I have the weirdest issues with ALL of them.

BF3 - take forever to load into games, sometimes freeze/disconnect before fully loading, sometimes fully load into a game only to disconnect within a few minutes tops. When I do load a game, I have no weapons.

PS2 - Load into games, but I experience crazy lag spikes and then disconnect within a minute.

BL2 - Game freezes (cntl alt del, alt tab, etc., nothing does anything) when trying to search for DLC, then crashes.

TA - I never even managed to try to join a game. Every time I would mouse over a menu option, the process of the game trying to load the model on the right-hand side of the screen (like if you mouse over juggernaut, it loads a model of a jug over there) would freeze my system up for 1-2 minute before the model would finally load. Mousing over anything else caused the problem again.

p1999 - loads and works just fine, run directly or through wineq, with or without ramdisk.

I am at a complete and total loss. What the fudge?

I haven't, that I can recall, done anything with my desktop since BL2 came out that would alter any system files. I have some out-of-date drivers, but they are the exact same out-of-date drivers I had a couple months ago when I was running bl2, bf3, and ta just fine. I think the ONLY things I have installed since then are planetside and arma, both via steam. I've run crapcleaner and spybot and avast, none turned up anything.

Is God trying to tell me to play p1999 and ignore everything else or what? The only other thing I want to do at the moment is try to play one of these games in an offline mode or something to see if this is all just some connections issues or if my video card or cpu are asploding or something in a way that p1999 doesn't bring about but these newer games do, or what.

Halp?

Hitchens
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Did you try uninstalling Battleye? Freezing/performance issues seem to be very common when it comes to Battleye and Day Z and everyone's solution on how to fix it is different.

Might be best to just wait for the Day Z standalone. It's a great concept but falls short due to Arma 2's limitations.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Could Battleye be causing issues with all of those other games, though? I'll do it now. Pretty surprised I was interested in anything relating to zombies in the first place, but the concept of a sandboxyish survival game was impossible to resist.

Why can't someone make DayZ meets minecraft meets high fantasy MMO? :(

Hitchens
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Oh, I completely understand. I bought Arma 2 during a weekend Steam deal to play Day Z too. I don't regret doing it, but I doubt I'll play it again until a standalone game. It's kind of a hassle. Was fun for a bit though.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Well I'll be damned.

I uninstalled battleye and now, without even a restart or anything, tribes ascend is running normally.

Thanks Hitchens :)

Black Jesus
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Day Z was the worst steam purchase I ever

Hitchens
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Well I'll be damned.

I uninstalled battleye and now, without even a restart or anything, tribes ascend is running normally.

Thanks Hitchens :)

Happy to be of assistance. Sometimes Steam purchases don't work out very well, I still haven't been able to play Deponia. It just doesn't work.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Seems I spoke too soon, unfortunately. Tribes was working fine, then after I alt tabbed back to it after posting here it was doing the same thing as before. Tried BL2 also and it immediately froze while looking for DLC then I got another BSOD, same message as before (interrupt not received by secondary processor or some whatnot)... guess I'll uninstall planetside 2 and all the arma stuff and un-do the changes to direct x 9 that those installs did and see what happens.

Hitchens
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Best of luck getting it fixed. :(

Black Jesus
11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
decided i aint buyin shitty steam games anymore so next time yall want me to buy dayZ or some other shit game ill only play on tunngle

Hitchens
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
You don't even play the games you pirate.

Black Jesus
11-27-2012, 01:15 PM
cuz they all suck