PDA

View Full Version : Breaking spawns with darkness/feign on a necro

goshozal
11-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

So I played a necro back on live, and my RL friend rolled one on p99. I was trying to teach him about the halfling guard camp so he could make some monies. He reported having lots of trouble splitting them, so I came to watch him and help him out.

The way the splitting is going is not at ALL what I remember from live.

There are two guards: Poolt and Eigon. He casts darkness on Poolt, and they both come running, though Poolt is snared. I told him just to feign and that the snare should keep Poolt still while Eigon resets. Then he could stand and continue on Poolt.

What actually happens is that Poolt is still able to walk back to the spawn, albeit slower than usual. When my friend stands, Poolt slowly walks back to the spawn with the darkness still ticking, while Eigon comes running back to him at full speed! How is this happening? I had to see it to believe it.

What am I missing about how this works on P99?

SamwiseRed
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
why not just snare both but focus on one, kill it, then zone out. there camp broken.

happyhappy
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Dot/fd pulling has been nerfed on this server due to some sebilis/vp shenanigans.

The best way to achieve something resembling to your old technique would be to root one guy, pull the other a bit away and sick your pet on it, once the pet is on the dude, fd, since the rooted guy is on his spawn point he will instantly forget you once you stand.

goshozal
11-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Well that's not very classic at all, is it?

fishingme
12-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I was wondering why my FD split attempts last night weren't working. That's retarded

Brandonian10
12-16-2012, 01:42 AM
I have also noticed this.. usually what I do is screaming terror one guard from max distance, feign quickly and break that way. The mezzed guard does not come after you when ST breaks.