PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: zoning issue

mjrau
06-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Hi there,
Starting today I have had a problem loading into zones. It seems every 2nd time I zone the game stops loading and I have to alt-ctrl-del to end the program before reloading. Is there a way I can fix this?

Chicka
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Not a fix, but I have noticed that if I do not get frustrated and reload eq, but rather get frustrated and go smoke :), that sometimes the zone loads, it just takes a lot longer than usual. Curiously I see this more often from zones that I just came from.

Phallax
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Make sure you have your zone cashe(Texture Cashing) option turned on, it helps zone quicker and may fix this problem.

Daymar
06-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Make sure you have your zone cashe(Texture Cashing) option turned on, it helps zone quicker and may fix this problem.

Where is this option?:confused:

mjrau
06-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Looked for it but i can find it

girth
06-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi there,
Starting today I have had a problem loading into zones. It seems every 2nd time I zone the game stops loading and I have to alt-ctrl-del to end the program before reloading. Is there a way I can fix this?

This happened to me twice in 4 zones yesterday. I turned off my torrents. Not saying there isn't something going on, it just seems that most zoning issues I've had on this server were caused by lag such as torrents.

I find the every 2nd zone thing interesting though since mine was twice out of 4 zones.