PDA

View Full Version : howto spend bonus points. dex so important?

Hathes
11-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Heya pro bards out there

i would like to roll a bard and the wiki seems a bit unclear on suggestions on howto spend points best.
could you please give me some advice?
all dex?
all cha?
all sta?

thanks

falkun
11-20-2012, 10:01 AM
A bard's single best stat is his resists. I haven't found CHA or DEX more or less important than STA or STR to gear for for song resists/fizzles. Maybe someone who crunches more numbers can argue.

Arrisard
11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I went with STA at creation because that's what I remembered from Live being the "it" choice and haven't really regretted it.

STR is a boon at low levels for weight when you're wearing heavy armor with no stats, however over time when armor has more and more stats and you get some weight reduction bags this becomes much less relevant.

I don't feel like DEX affects missed notes enough to bother with (gut feeling, I want to get time to do testing and even then it's more of an annoyance than anything else).

CHA does feel like it has a tangible benefit on critical resists but it's so easy to raise and on so much bard gear it came pretty naturally (plus, even with maxed CHA, resists are an inevitability so you always need a backup plan anyways but it does help with efficiency if you're doing a lot of pulling/CCing for groups leveling up).

STA is pretty weak until you get to end levels where you get pretty decent conversions where at 60 an extra 25 STA is an extra 100hp and it's where I find the most value.

Vadd
11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
STA is pretty weak until you get to end levels where you get pretty decent conversions where at 60 an extra 25 STA is an extra 100hp and it's where I find the most value.

100hp saves lives/groups/raids....

Arrisard
11-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah, that's why I said that is where I find the most value at 60 since at level 1, you basically get nothing out of STA...............................................

mazukon
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Bards don't seem to have a make-or-break creation stat since none of them control song range, song power, or anything along those lines.

DEX reduces song fizzle chance, but that's a moot increase because generally songs don't cost mana...

Leftover options are STR for more carry weight and higher melee attacks, STA for ever so slightly more HP, or CHA for slightly better charms/mezzes.