PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Accepted!

rerkuv
11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Monks have always been my favorite class, just because of their innate resourcefulness. No spells, just physical abilities and skills that keep them alive.

Long story short, I've made an iksar monk, completely naked and planning to see how far I can take him. Debating whether to keep it strictly solo or not.
Depending only on foraging as well, maybe also creating bandages only. ( a live-off-the land iron man approach).

Post your thoughts, strategies?, how far do you think it's possible etc. I know with grouping it is easily done... but solo is a different story.

quido
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
times are tough these days

Sturgeon
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
If you're serious about this, I think you should keep a daily blog posting your play on EQ as this Monk thing. It'd be a good way to get outsiders to read about P99 and come join and it'll keep you dedicated to it especially if you play with self imposed restrictions and stick to them.

Kender
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Not that big of a challenge considering you will be playing the arguably most overpowered class currently on the server which is why about 75% of the population either is a monk or has a monk alt.

most of them are not naked though... i read it as he's not going to put on any armor or weapons at all

rerkuv
11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Kender is correct, I want to see how far i can get completely naked. Meaning destroying everything at character creation, including my newbie food.

Currently debating on stat point distribution atm because thats really the only customization ill get. And a great idea about the blog sturg, Ill probably do a blog post every level etc.

Im considering dumping all my stats into agility. Even though people usually pour into str or stam, I feel like I would need to maximize on ac and avoidance. My damage is already going to be fixed anyway. And the few more HP doesnt seem worth it....

Etris
11-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm gonna "Accidentally" buff the shit out of you before pulls.

galvaunis
11-21-2012, 02:02 AM
If you're serious about this, I think you should keep a daily blog posting your play on EQ as this Monk thing. It'd be a good way to get outsiders to read about P99 and come join and it'll keep you dedicated to it especially if you play with self imposed restrictions and stick to them.

call it "monk vs. wild"

not allowed to visit gm or merchants either

Pyrion
11-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Foraging that's limited to 50 will probably not get you enough water. Even with my druid i need to buy/summon water from time to time. Of course i am not religiously pressing the forage button whenever it pops up... so maybe it's doable.

Sturgeon
11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Out of water. Better drink my own piss.