PDA

View Full Version : So I guess they should let blue server /movelog over

ForeverLost
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I think I made a mistake by posting in the blue forum. But, yeah! If you let the blue characters move their characters here the game might become very interesting :)

Tradesonred
11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Might be a headache for transfering since i think the general agreement in the community is that transfering would be ok if toon is lvl50 and naked. That would mean some dev work, im not sure to what degree.

Sirken told us that since we were such a shitty community (and i somewhat agree) that rogean isnt too motivated to put in work for red, so i wouldnt hold my breath for transfers.

ForeverLost
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Might be a headache for transfering since i think the general agreement in the community is that transfering would be ok if toon is lvl50 and naked. That would mean some dev work, im not sure to what degree.

Sirken told us that since we were such a shitty community (and i somewhat agree) that rogean isnt too motivated to put in work for red, so i wouldnt hold my breath for transfers.

Why should they be 50 and naked? I think they should be whatever they are on blue; it would be best for the server's population. And I have no idea how hard it would be to transfer characters over, but this really seems like the last hope red99 has :(

SamwiseRed
11-15-2012, 08:04 PM
transfers, um no

mostbitter
11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
i am 100% against transfers. I had to sit here and grind my naked toon up and so should everyone else.

Tradesonred
11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Guess its not such a consensus after all

ForeverLost
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Really? :/

I don't understand this. Do you not want a bigger population?

Shrubwise
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
No. Especially not blue's rejects.

WELCOME TO THE HOOD BRO'S.

ForeverLost
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I would have agreed, if the population had stayed at about 200 people minimum. But that is not the case. Blue players show interest in PvP, but only if they are allowed to transfer over. Red players asked for exp rate increase by stating that they do not have the time to level, why would you expect the bluebies to level a new character on red?

Think of how fun it would be to have people to play with again!

Rikimeru
11-15-2012, 09:54 PM
no gear transfer

Shrubwise
11-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I would have agreed, if the population had stayed at about 200 people minimum. But that is not the case. Blue players show interest in PvP, but only if they are allowed to transfer over. Red players asked for exp rate increase by stating that they do not have the time to level, why would you expect the bluebies to level a new character on red?

Think of how fun it would be to have people to play with again!

You're making it out like Red is some sort of desperate. Son you been letting Red's trolls get to you. Now that it's thriving (see also: fabulous) you blues wanna hop train and bring your toons with you? No thanks buddy. Come kill some bats like everyone else.

Besides, there's an insane experience bonus.

Lowlife
11-16-2012, 12:09 AM
You're making it out like Red is some sort of desperate. Son you been letting Red's trolls get to you. Now that it's thriving (see also: fabulous) you blues wanna hop train and bring your toons with you? No thanks buddy. Come kill some bats like everyone else.

Besides, there's an insane experience bonus.

It's really not that bad, I started from scratch with a necro this evening, working dem bats with my newb necro pet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hod0WtYE4SA, it's going fast. Tell your pals to come on over, thrive status.

jeffd
11-16-2012, 01:33 AM
no gear, no kunark spells

then i'd be coo wit it

SamwiseRed
11-16-2012, 02:16 AM
id be coo if no gear and and lvl 1

Fuzy
11-16-2012, 02:58 AM
Let me start by saying that you are hiiiiiiigh on somethin fierce if you think toon transfers with their current level and gear is a good idea. You are completely screwing the folks who don't have any high level toons.
That being said, the server certainly does need some life pumped back into it. A solution would certainly have to involve letting people transfer toons over and with some sort of incentive as well.
1. Absolutely no gear should be transferred - start J-bird style
2. All toons transferred should be deleveled to the same point. Personally I think level 20 would allow the fun dungeon areas to be packed with competition. It's not a huge deal if the noob zones aren't as populated.
3. Set combat/caster skills to max for lvl 20 so people don't have to re-train. (Not all skills though there would need to be a decision made by GMs.

Fuzy

Toehammer
11-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Let me start by saying that you are hiiiiiiigh on somethin fierce if you think toon transfers with their current level and gear is a good idea. You are completely screwing the folks who don't have any high level toons.
That being said, the server certainly does need some life pumped back into it. A solution would certainly have to involve letting people transfer toons over and with some sort of incentive as well.
1. Absolutely no gear should be transferred - start J-bird style
2. All toons transferred should be deleveled to the same point. Personally I think level 20 would allow the fun dungeon areas to be packed with competition. It's not a huge deal if the noob zones aren't as populated.
3. Set combat/caster skills to max for lvl 20 so people don't have to re-train. (Not all skills though there would need to be a decision made by GMs.

Fuzy

I got a lvl 55 on red and 60 on blue, both servers are cool. However, most of the responses here show that you guys don't actually care about population and are afraid of bluebies' "non-skill". I thought bluebies have no PvP skill and gear doesn't matter as much as skill? Deleveled? Naked? Nobody on blue (in their right mind) would agree to that.

Personally I am not for character transfers simply because it would just weaken blue and be a bandaid for red. Red 99 has to get its population up on its own merits. Server is doing well right now actually, does not need influx of already high level characters. If people really cared about population here, they would have beta tested more and devs would have fixed guard assist, exploits, etc. before opening night. Grave dug and covered a long time ago. Population is surprisingly good, considering the history of this server.

tl;dr arnold voice: "stop whining" R99 server has come back from the dead, officially the Undead Server

s1ckness
11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
no gear transfer

or no VP gear

everything else is fine

Fuzy
11-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Anyone who has said gear doesn't matter clearly never played on a pvp server... So for most folks it would be, hey congrats on finally grinding out lvl 60. Now go get your ass kicked by a dude with gear that's been here for 3 days.
Why not let them keep their toons on blue and just copy them over here then delevel to 20 and naked? This is a free EMU is it not? I don't see a big deal with letting people play on both servers like that.

Fuzy

Rupaul
11-16-2012, 06:48 AM
There are much more important things that need to be addressed first. I would not want the Devs wasting their time on this bullshit when they could be tweaking the resist system or adding yellow text.

Raavak
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Like I posted in the other forum, you can't really merge or transfer characters from one ruleset to another and be fair about it.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Like I posted in the other forum, you can't really merge or transfer characters from one ruleset to another and be fair about it.

Who cares about fairness? I just want to play EQ the way I did on live. As it stands now, you start out at level 1 with no gear, and have to work your way up to level 50 where you can then be griefed by Nihilum. That's not fair, either, but so what?

If they offered transfers of characters that were deleveled to 20 and were naked, no one from blue would bother coming over. There would really be no point in transfers at all. At a minimum, blue characters should maintain their level. I would want them to have their gear, too, even their VP gear (sorry Nihilum, you would be facing some actual competition). Maybe limit it to one transfer per account/IP, so that they can't bring their several level 60s over and have to choose one character.

How can you be against this idea when red is really dead, as it is? I was on for a while last night, and hardly anyone was talking in ooc. It's more lively in gfay on blue than in serverwide ooc on red. As I said, the blue players show interest in playing red, if they are allowed transfers. Without taking this step, there is really no reason to play red at all unless you're going to raid with Nihilum, and even then it's kind of lonely.

Server transfers are really the only thing that could save this server. Yellow text is a non-issue, and the resist system isn't even that bad.

Bamzal Sherbet
11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
so its agreed. fix resists, and no transfers.

Shrubwise
11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
How can you be against this idea when red is really dead, as it is? I was on for a while last night, and hardly anyone was talking in ooc. It's more lively in gfay on blue than in serverwide ooc on red. As I said, the blue players show interest in playing red, if they are allowed transfers. Without taking this step, there is really no reason to play red at all unless you're going to raid with Nihilum, and even then it's kind of lonely.

See, the issue here is: you think we give a fuck. You're under the assumption that you're doing Red a favor by having a migration from blue. You think our server's dead.

We don't care. We. Don't. Care. We've been playing our "dead box" for a year now without blue douches, and we'll play it for another year. And another. We don't need blue's rejects. Please, by all means, watch our "dead server" rot away from Blue. How's that raid rotation treating you, bud?

This thread is outlandish in the first place. It hasn't even been a week since the server's most active dev made a post declaring, basically, that we ought to be ashamed for our behavior. That our in general shitty attitude detracts from the devs desire to do anything for us. You see, we're already not the devs favorites - why would they lift a finger to help some shitty blue players transfer their toons to our server?

Server transfers are really the only thing that could save this server. Yellow text is a non-issue, and the resist system isn't even that bad.

Seems like a funny thing for someone who doesn't play here to have an opinion on - what is, and what is not, an issue for our server.

In closing, dear God: please come play with us. I can't wait to make you cry blue tears in-game. ;)

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I started on red a year ago, and have a 50 cleric. I have been leveling a paladin and a druid, too. Snare, root and blind land with high mr, but it doesn't last for even close to full duration.

I really miss EQ PvP, but if you're not willing to let the devs do anything to help you (where you really need it, not this pointless "yellow text" stuff), then I guess I just have to accept that those days really are gone.

Toehammer
11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
See, the issue here is: you think we give a fuck. You're under the assumption that you're doing Red a favor by having a migration from blue. You think our server's dead.

We don't care. We. Don't. Care. We've been playing our "dead box" for a year now without blue douches, and we'll play it for another year. And another. We don't need blue's rejects. Please, by all means, watch our "dead server" rot away from Blue. How's that raid rotation treating you, bud?

This thread is outlandish in the first place. It hasn't even been a week since the server's most active dev made a post declaring, basically, that we ought to be ashamed for our behavior. That our in general shitty attitude detracts from the devs desire to do anything for us. You see, we're already not the devs favorites - why would they lift a finger to help some shitty blue players transfer their toons to our server?

Seems like a funny thing for someone who doesn't play here to have an opinion on - what is, and what is not, an issue for our server.

In closing, dear God: please come play with us. I can't wait to make you cry blue tears in-game. ;)

Agreed with most everything, transfers from blue would be pointless and are unwanted. I leveled a character post 50 here on red. I prefer to keep the servers separate... don't even like cross-server trades on forums. Red has risen from the ashes of 20 online prekunark to ~50-70 online post kunark... improvement is good regardless. We will most likely never see average numbers above 100 (primetime maybe). Just accept it. If you don't like playing on a sub-100 population server, play somewhere else. I don't mind too much.

Sure it would have been nice if it was > 200 playing, but that just doesn't happen when a server has some serious flaws from the start and people actually take pleasure in "winning a box." Apparently winning EQ is griefing others off a server, wasting everyone's time, avoiding good PvP except if you have numbers, exploiting mage swords/guard assist/wands, or, currently, recruiting anyone and everyone so there is one powerhouse guild with ZERO competition. Like Sirken has said, the Red community caused the low population on its own (minus the broken game mechanics).

I am having fun with the dreadfully low population. EQ is still fun soloing, just not AS much fun.

Most importantly your thread (ForeverLost) in the blue forum had completely the wrong message... merge servers into one PvP server? :confused: That is just crazy. Red just wasn't tested well, launched well, managed well, and played well. Population is low, it might creep back up, but we just have to keep playing and hope for the best. I know I am!

Bamzal Sherbet
11-16-2012, 12:15 PM
"those days" were never realized on this box

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
The problem with no transfers is that the ruleset makes it that its not alot of fun to level a toon 1-50.

Well, as much fun as it is to level a toon on blue, except you have to hide from twinks and pvp if you do not want to lose pve xp.

Theres no "lets gang up on that twink and loot his shit" excitement to be had, theres no taking your time with leveling while you choose to stop at say 24 to enjoy a week straight of pvping.

Theres no afternoons of just plain fun pvping for hours in crushbone that attracts other pvpers like a vortex that keeps growing. People will die a couple of times, and move on. No word of mouth like "Holy shit, having so much fun right now pvping, hop over".

The nature of the ruleset enforces that one side will inevitably leave after a couple of deaths, unless it doesnt care to get a big setback in the pve grind, which they have to go through if they want to access the more populated bracket of end game.

Not trying to piss on the "thrive" but lets be real. Most of the pop leveled its toon while the server was more alive than it is right now, even with this "thrive". So the bluebie ride was more enjoyable than to someone starting from scratch in november 2012. Even with a 50 druid sitting next to you its a long road. The ride would be more enjoyable if the ruleset was more about having fun on the way up.

Having said all that, i dont think transfers should be a priority, not even sure what i think appropriate level would need to be

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Agreed with most everything, transfers from blue would be pointless and are unwanted. I leveled a character post 50 here on red. I prefer to keep the servers separate... don't even like cross-server trades on forums. Red has risen from the ashes of 20 online prekunark to ~50-70 online post kunark... improvement is good regardless. We will most likely never see average numbers above 100 (primetime maybe). Just accept it. If you don't like playing on a sub-100 population server, play somewhere else. I don't mind too much.

Sure it would have been nice if it was > 200 playing, but that just doesn't happen when a server has some serious flaws from the start and people actually take pleasure in "winning a box." Apparently winning EQ is griefing others off a server, wasting everyone's time, avoiding good PvP except if you have numbers, exploiting mage swords/guard assist/wands, or, currently, recruiting anyone and everyone so there is one powerhouse guild with ZERO competition. Like Sirken has said, the Red community caused the low population on its own (minus the broken game mechanics).

I am having fun with the dreadfully low population. EQ is still fun soloing, just not AS much fun.

Most importantly your thread (ForeverLost) in the blue forum had completely the wrong message... merge servers into one PvP server? :confused: That is just crazy. Red just wasn't tested well, launched well, managed well, and played well. Population is low, it might creep back up, but we just have to keep playing and hope for the best. I know I am!

Thank you for being constructive. Most people didn't seem to realize that my post in the blue forums was more tongue-in-cheek than it was serious, seeing as it's not going to happen ever.

I guess the low population really is a turn-off for me. The red community did cause the low population, the server's mechanics are surely playable. I saw that blue players really would play here if allowed their blue characters, and I saw some hope. Really I had no idea that the average red player would be so against the idea; I figured they would be elated to receive a population increase. Since the population will forever be this low, I have to say that I am leaving for blue (level 15 so far, doing well I guess!) for good. It was a lot of fun playing with you all during the IF days, suppose that was EQ PvP's final hurrah.

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Thank you for being constructive. Most people didn't seem to realize that my post in the blue forums was more tongue-in-cheek than it was serious, seeing as it's not going to happen ever.

I guess the low population really is a turn-off for me. The red community did cause the low population, the server's mechanics are surely playable. I saw that blue players really would play here if allowed their blue characters, and I saw some hope. Really I had no idea that the average red player would be so against the idea; I figured they would be elated to receive a population increase. Since the population will forever be this low, I have to say that I am leaving for blue (level 15 so far, doing well I guess!) for good. It was a lot of fun playing with you all during the IF days, suppose that was EQ PvP's final hurrah.

Yeah, there was a big part of the community that was bent on hurf durfing people off the server. Was it a good idea to implement a ruleset that played right into their hands? I dont think so. Its easy to lay the blame on the griefers but the problems that would arise from the ruleset was pointed out early in the box's life. They chose to have the server ruleset set in stone so the end result was a combination of excessive griefing and dev decisions.

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah BDA/FE will come over, get raped in PvP and quit then no servers will have any players

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, there was a big part of the community that was bent on hurf durfing people off the server. Was it a good idea to implement a ruleset that played right into their hands? I dont think so. Its easy to lay the blame on the griefers but the problems that would arise from the ruleset was pointed early in the box's life. They chose to have the server ruleset set in stone so the end result was a combination of excessive griefing and dev decisions.

I think the rampant complaining by the players hurt the population more than the ruleset ever could have. I leveled to 50 without xp increase and very, very slight xp loss without issue, back when people still played.

But people complained about the xp loss (which really was not an issue, it didn't affect me at all), xp rate, no item loot, no teams, other players and everything else. When sirken said that we act as though we're entitled to things, he was telling the truth. People complained so hard that they got an xp increase, and now people are still complaining. No one could just play the game, they wanted to play a game that they themselves designed. We had a perfectly good server, and I really enjoyed myself, even with people griefing. But something was an issue for most everyone, and that's what brought the population down.

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
If the xp loss wasnt an issue, how is it possible to grief people off the server with it?

There is cognitive dissonance in what you are saying

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
As Sirked pointed out, half the server was banned for MQ or boxing.

I gotta say I shoulda realized or expected that given my semi-short stint on VZTZ 2.0

Lot of fun there being one of maybe 2 people not using that :P

HippoNipple
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Since PvP has long been dead on this server the only ones remaining are people interested in PvE. There is no way a small community would welcome people coming over with an advantage to bully them around. There would be no reason to even play on Red until you were maxed out on Blue if transfers were available. Every person who plays on Red currently would be very bitter and annoyed that others were given an easier road to what they have worked for themselves.

If transfers were available I don't believe the server would get quality full time players. It would most likely be alts out gearing everyone on Red coming over from time to time griefing people when they are bored on Blue. If you want to play on Red you have to show some loyalty and commitment to the server. People didn't play on this server for a year to build a playground for someone from Blue to come on and blast a couple people then log off.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM
If the xp loss wasnt an issue, how is it possible to grief people off the server with it?

There is cognitive dissonance in what you are saying

I really don't think anyone has been griefed off of the server by the exp loss. When I think about my time on Red99, I was griefed more by people killing me at the docks after taking the boat than I was by exp loss. Waiting 30 minutes for the boat (again) is a much bigger deal than losing 1% exp, and now with an exp increase it's even less of a big deal.

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I really don't think anyone has been griefed off of the server by the exp loss.

I'd go through the SS's but people were definitely griefed off by coin only and definitely xp.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
As Sirked pointed out, half the server was banned for MQ or boxing.

I gotta say I shoulda realized or expected that given my semi-short stint on VZTZ 2.0

Lot of fun there being one of maybe 2 people not using that :P

Yes, those players really hurt themselves, and the server, with their cheating.

Since PvP has long been dead on this server the only ones remaining are people interested in PvE. There is no way a small community would welcome people coming over with an advantage to bully them around. There would be no reason to even play on Red until you were maxed out on Blue if transfers were available. Every person who plays on Red currently would be very bitter and annoyed that others were given an easier road to what they have worked for themselves.

If transfers were available I don't believe the server would get quality full time players. It would most likely be alts out gearing everyone on Red coming over from time to time griefing people when they are bored on Blue. If you want to play on Red you have to show some loyalty and commitment to the server. People didn't play on this server for a year to build a playground for someone from Blue to come on and blast a couple people then log off.

Seems like shooting oneself in the foot, but I can definitely understand how loyalty and commitment could be important to red players. I was upset on live when people would transfer to Stormhammer, then come back with uber gear that they didn't earn in a PvP environment.

I'd go through the SS's but people were definitely griefed off by coin only and definitely xp.

They sound like bluebies to me, in all honesty. Anyone that couldn't handle 1% exp loss on death was probably playing the wrong game :P

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I agree to most everything except that the only people left are the PVErs. It might be true, because people were griefed off, but a population surge would most likely bring back some griefers. So a real population increase is not really possible while the ruleset that made things the way they are is still intact. It could happen mind you, a chance roll of dice that most griefers dont care enough to come back, too occupied elsewhere, but i dont think its likely.

Rest of post is spot-on.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Also, I really think many high-end blue players are fed up with their raid scene enough that would want to play their characters on red full-time, just so they could raid and experience the game without sitting on raid spawn locations for "FTE".

mostbitter
11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
What will really happen is blue character who like playing on blue will stay on blue. Characters that tranfser to red will be blue characters owned by red characters. nihilum which is full of people who play on blue will have a thousand new accounts to choose from. They will have 250 members on their dkp site and red will suffer again because some dude wanted to push for transfers.

Also it makes me laugh how you guys can so easily blame the red servers problems on the community when the community has been pleading with the development team to push the server in a better direction and all we have gotten in return is fuck you quit asking its your own damn fault anyway.

I pleaded to scrap the exp penalty on pvp death idea on this board for months prior to and after the release of the red server. I stated exactly what the impact would be, less desire to pvp, and people getting griefed with it. Both happened and continue to happen.

When an exp bonus was implemented everyone was happy and asked for it to stay. Everyone was very thankful and agreed that was the pace it should have been set at from the beginning. We got half of it and now we get bitched at for not accepting that as being enough.

The blame at best lies with both parties. The players have gone for so long trying to communicate effectively that they have grown frustrated and the development team lives in outer space insecure as fuck from the lack of socialization.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 01:30 PM
What will really happen is blue character who like playing on blue will stay on blue. Characters that tranfser to red will be blue characters owned by red characters. nihilum which is full of people who play on blue will have a thousand new accounts to choose from. They will have 250 members on their dkp site and red will suffer again because some dude wanted to push for transfers.

Also it makes me laugh how you guys can so easily blame the red servers problems on the community when the community has been pleading with the development team to push the server in a better direction and all we have gotten in return is fuck you quit asking its your own damn fault anyway.

I pleaded to scrap the exp penalty on pvp death idea on this board for months prior to and after the release of the red server. I stated exactly what the impact would be, less desire to pvp, and people getting griefed with it. Both happened and continue to happen.

When an exp bonus was implemented everyone was happy and asked for it to stay. Everyone was very thankful and agreed that was the pace it should have been set at from the beginning. We got half of it and now we get bitched at for not accepting that as being enough.

The blame at best lies with both parties. The players have gone for so long trying to communicate effectively that they have grown frustrated and the development team lives in outer space insecure as fuck from the lack of socialization.

I think it would be great if they allowed transfers, then instated a hardcoded good vs. evil team ruleset, to divide the uber players up. But even just the transfers would help.

Why should red players have been given an exp bonus over blue players? Seems like entitlement to me, and you got it and lots of players are still complaining :/

mostbitter
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
We got half of it.The reason red needs an experience bonus is because it's a pvp server that entices people interested in fighting other people.

Red players are not interested in being solo for 3 months to barely get in range, then spending another 3 months doing the 50-60 grind while getting fucked over by all the nihilum that made the best of the experience bonus, which was coincidentally(or not) removed after the majority of their guild hit 60, just to finally have to do the same shit one more time so they can reroll the toon they actually wanted to play now that they are months deep into their farming character they are forced to roll in order to play here.

The rest of the dribble your spouting isn't worth responding too. I'm glad you have such an active imagination but I don't.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes:

HippoNipple
11-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I think it would be great if they allowed transfers, then instated a hardcoded good vs. evil team ruleset, to divide the uber players up. But even just the transfers would help.

Why should red players have been given an exp bonus over blue players? Seems like entitlement to me, and you got it and lots of players are still complaining :/

Leveling is Blue
PvP is Red

Minimize the blue portion of the game by adding in exp bonus

When you play on Blue your focus is leveling until you are max level and not really much else. On Red pvp can take up a lot of time when adding in actual pvp plus corpse runs, exp loss, etc. Not to mention being run out of an exp spot and having to find an alternative.

In addition Red's population makes exping that much harder.

The bonus on red does not make it easier then it is on blue to level. An exp bonus doesn't help out half the classes that much when they are group dependent and sitting in a zone by themselves.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't disagree, about exp increase being a good thing with such a dismal population. But I remember all the complaining before the server was even open, with people stating that they didn't have the time to exp and just wanted to be max level and fully geared on start so they could kill each other (exaggeration, but you get my point).

Which was frankly ridiculous. I leveled just fine on live, with PvP happening and no exp bonus. Why would the players here demand it?

HippoNipple
11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't disagree, about exp increase being a good thing with such a dismal population. But I remember all the complaining before the server was even open, with people stating that they didn't have the time to exp and just wanted to be max level and fully geared on start so they could kill each other (exaggeration, but you get my point).

Which was frankly ridiculous. I leveled just fine on live, with PvP happening and no exp bonus. Why would the players here demand it?

-Exp loss on pvp death
-low population

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
-Exp loss on pvp death
-low population

Exp loss was never an issue, I think people just liked to complain. Low population was not an issue on release.

I'm starting to get tired of repeating myself :/

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I like the "it's too late" decisions on things lol

Lowlife
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
dem worms.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Do you guys think that EQ PvP has a chance in EQ Classic? What would they need to do in order for their server to succeed?

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Sometimes I know what they're doing, sometimes not.

I've offered what it takes to make PvP work, but its not a main focus at all.

Dunno if he's releasing source like he says or... wtf is going on.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I've offered what it takes to make PvP work, but its not a main focus at all.

What would that be? RZ ruleset? :P

Lowlife
11-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Do you guys think that EQ PvP has a chance in EQ Classic? What would they need to do in order for their server to succeed?

For starters, anything more than an Stalinist forum, a few youtube videos, and support for autism. I'm not saying it's vaporware, but it's years away, and by then I'll be on the Everquest Next PVP Server, monsooning dat face.

YL needs to just saddle up with SOE and get that shit out.

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Exp loss was never an issue, I think people just liked to complain. Low population was not an issue on release.

I'm starting to get tired of repeating myself :/

That is complete nonsense.

On Rallos, i played a year and a half and never got past 44, because i spent so much hours doing pvp everywhere i went.

I was excited to play on red because of *drumroll* the expectation to do alot of pvp again.

What happens? Reality of the custom99 rules kick in:

Holocaust zerg in Guk, /who 15 ? Nobody goes in.

On Rallos they would have had to deal with guerilla pvp often.

Zerg here win by default because nobody wants the hassle of losing pve grind when the zerg just knows they have to kill you a couple of times and laugh as u give up harrassing their almighty zerg.

Thats the reason why Nihilum can sit for months in raid zones unchallenged and Nizzar can brag in /ooc like ive just seen him today that his bank is starting to look like the inglorious basterds bank.

That transforms a red experience into a blue-ish purple experience where people rarely engage other people unless they got the numbers to crush them.

That statement isnt true for the more pvp-inclined, better players (like gloinz shouting in character in vent wearing only what i was guessing was a fur loincloth) but in general, it was true.

The biggest losers in this setup were the less experienced, less organized casuals which holocaust often stated they enjoyed griefing off the server. Basically it gives larger zerg guilds a bigger edge than they would have if they had stuck with a Rallos ruleset. Im guessing the logic was that no bluebie would ever roll on red if they risked losing their gear. Well maybe the server would have been better off with less bluebie "input" constantly fighting for the xp loss mechanic on forums that gave them an easy upper hand in dominating camps.

All this was explained in and out at the start of the server, and the consequences it would have later on when the server got older.

SamwiseRed
11-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Also, I really think many high-end blue players are fed up with their raid scene enough that would want to play their characters on red full-time, just so they could raid and experience the game without sitting on raid spawn locations for "FTE".

then roll on red. the top end blue raiders are poopsockers anyway. you think itll take them long to hit 50? lol i bet half those no lifers would be raiding planes in a week if they were to start from scratch. server not dying. in fact the rumor of the "other" eq pvp server coming out brought at least 3 of us back. damn you salty!!!!!!!!!!

SamwiseRed
11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
besides the most fun you can have is building your char, after that its just improving your inspection screen. we need new players not top end ones. eq pvp was never just about raiding zones. pvp was rampant all over norrath. nothing would cheapin this server any more than it already is than free bluebie transfers.

Lowlife
11-16-2012, 03:27 PM
in fact the rumor of the "other" eq pvp server coming out brought at least 3 of us back. damn you salty!!!!!!!!!!

evidence against this stacking, evidence for this lacking.

which is unfortunate.

Tradesonred
11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
besides the most fun you can have is building your char, after that its just improving your inspection screen. we need new players not top end ones. eq pvp was never just about raiding zones. pvp was rampant all over norrath. nothing would cheapin this server any more than it already is than free bluebie transfers.

But the grind is horrible, and everybodys done it by now a couple of times, nostalgia is not enough to deal with the horrible grind anymore.

And then you pile xp loss on top of this to make the grind even more horrible, the amount of fun you get in pvp vs the boredom you have to deal with does not weight enough.

I quit eve online for the same reason

I totally agree with you that EQ pvp was never about poopsocking raid zones, but its a hard sell when the ruleset hits you with a hammer in the face each time you deviate from grinding.

Raid zones might not be what it was all about, but progression was a big part. When i played on live, i didnt even gave a shit about raiding, it barely registered on my radar as something i would like to do, i was too busy enjoying the pvp and the game. Progression was a big part of that though, getting spells, seeing new zones etc... That is hindered by the ruleset.

If on top of starting gearless, fighting hard twinks that knew the game in and out more than me, i had to lose xp each time i tried getting better at the game by engaging someone and learning what worked and what didnt I would have quit. You did lose gear, but i was lucky to get some 8 no drop pieces from a halloween event, which i suggested often that would have worked in combination with an item loot server here on Red.

Even if all the players engaging in pvp are not twinks, and all new players, it doesnt work. Example: Some newfishes want to spend 6 hours pvping in South Karana. Mathematically, the xp loss will be harsh, somebodys losing those bars. The penalty is too harsh for people to engage merrily in pvp for hours without caring about the the setback in pve grind because its such a long grind and no matter what people say, its a factor. If you dont think its a factor then it means you never really had a sit down and do hours long pvp sessions like what happened back on Rallos or you did it with a zerg and the xp loss was on the other end. Or you do think its a factor, but you like griefing people with it too much to acknowledge it is a factor or it serves a raid/camp domination by numbers purpose.

The long PVE sessions have to be tempered with long sessions of fun pvp for a pvper like me. I did succeed in grinding through to end game, but at the cost of getting burned on the game, twice for months. Because even having dealt with the huge mind numbing grind, at 53 i cant go out and just pick fights for a week, the PVE loss will be too much. So i have to play the emu in bite sizes and then quitting for a while, where i would play it everyday if i could pvp as much as i pleased. I would have multiple alts that i rolled strictly for pvping. I would be doing what you are wishing would happen, rolling a toon not caring about end game and just enjoying the pvp.

You dont make friends with salads or whatever, youre not going to sell a pvp server and a pvp game when ruleset punishes you harshly when you partake in it.

I know im annoying talking about xp loss all the time but people need to open their eyes

Its not realistic to expect people to enjoy long sessions of low and mid level pvp on red when there is such a big penalty in PVE for doing so.

So basically pretty much the only influx of new players we can realistically expect to stick it out long term are bluebies, because reds dont even have the excitement that was there when server when pop hovered at 400-600 and grinding was less of a boring pain in the ass than it must be right now.

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Facebook post was immediately deleted, why?

Anywho.

Lowlife
11-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Facebook post was immediately deleted, why?

Anywho.

Stating firstly that I would love this to be true as anybody else, but lets look at the fb post as an example, and examine possible options as to why said post could have been deleted.

A) Self-deletion.

B) Flagged as spam/scam.

C) Conspiracy.

A & B seem pretty rational reasons. I'm not saying C is impossible, just unlikely.

Drop dem deets bruh.

fiegi 2.5
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
everquest facebook post

aka

social suicide

Nirgon
11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
It was the SoE maintained EQ1 site but yeah

Stalahoy
11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
you're a fucking idiot dude.

SamwiseRed
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
you're a fucking idiot dude.

no trolling outside rnf, consider this a warning.

InfamousTaco
11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Not that any of this matters at ALL, but i'd be down for PvE transfers.

Why? More people to kill. Plus we'd have like that super glorious month where the confused bluebies would have no idea how to pvp and just run around dying over and over.

That'd be coo.

ForeverLost
11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
You're advocating removing xp loss because it encourages griefing, but want item loot? :/

SamwiseRed
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
on second thought i welcome bluebie transfers but only if item loot in enabled.

Fuzy
11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Maybe I just haven't read up on the debate over pvp exp loss but it seems to be the #1 thing that people are complaining about. Why can't we just take it out? Seriously like tomorrow why can't the code just be changed on that one issue. I can't imagine it taking that long to do. Maybe I'm wrong?

mostbitter
11-22-2012, 01:42 AM
cus the staff just dont wanna do it

Tradesonred
11-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Item loot isnt as much griefing as xp loss because it would work just like it works in eve online. "Fly" what you can afford to lose. You cant really grief someone thats naked and not losing xp.

You can grief people with their lost time, but cant take it further than that if they stick to being naked-ish.

In eve online, i wouldnt "wear" my most expensive, best ship when i fly solo. I would "wear" my best ship when im rolling out with a big crew with the sole purpose of pvping or large group pveing.

Alot of people would start to roam naked im sure, thats the downside, melees would get the shaft a bit. You would get a tremendous amount of blue tears coming out of PVEers like nihilum.

But one thing i can guaranfuckintee you (if xp loss is removed) is that pvp occurence will shoot through the roof 1000% and you will have zones where there is nonstop pvp, and population would pick up, im quite sure.

We would now have an economy for low and mid tier items. People who just started on the server could actually find buyers for the stuff they find while leveling.

The day that hypothetical patch would drop, i would instantly split my time between my main, and pvp alts. Right now i have 0 interest in rolling alts. Got quite enough of boring grind on my main already thank you very much.

With a bit more work, you could patch in event mobs that drop decent gear that is not lootable, mitigating the harshness of item loss. All of this would be classic.

Im not sure why the devs arent doin it. No time to mess around with red, that ridiculous concept of "this isnt COD" (Rallos was a high pvp occurence server. Devs might not like that, but dont try to pass pvp occurence on custom99 as classic), too much lost pride admitting the rules didnt work, i really dont know. As much as i can remember, they never actually argumented for the ruleset beside "lawl, this isnt COD" and try to answer many of the flaws players have pointed out.

LAWL naked u say? u stupid! (Enjoy your low pvp activity server, which im sure you do, Nihilum)

Fuzy
11-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Damn dudes stop posting about fixing 100 different issues and let's focus on just one here. Sirken (or whoever reads this and has authority) is there any way that we can just take out the pvp XP loss and move on from there?

Fuzy

Zozo
11-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Despite how fuct I think it all is. I'm ok with naked transfers. It's more people.

Cwall
11-23-2012, 01:22 AM
literally nothing will be done to fix this server

the same thread has been made for each issue at least a dozen times now with no response from the staff other than amelinda or sirken saying "i'll ask them about it!" with no followup whatsoever(except for sirken lashing out and pretending that the real reason nothing is being done is because of a few people trolling the forums)

best to either deal with the issues and enjoy it for what it is, or quit and wait for something else to come along

Shrubwise
11-23-2012, 01:25 AM
You mad LoZ went down?

Cwall
11-23-2012, 01:27 AM
haven't played LoZ in months, so no

Fuzy
11-23-2012, 01:39 AM
What happened to LoZ anyways? I couldn't find any info on why the server bombed.

Dullah
11-23-2012, 08:44 AM
What happened to LoZ anyways? I couldn't find any info on why the server bombed.

R99 got Kunark. Not that content matters...

heartbrand
11-23-2012, 12:37 PM
literally nothing will be done to fix this server

the same thread has been made for each issue at least a dozen times now with no response from the staff other than amelinda or sirken saying "i'll ask them about it!" with no followup whatsoever(except for sirken lashing out and pretending that the real reason nothing is being done is because of a few people trolling the forums)

best to either deal with the issues and enjoy it for what it is, or quit and wait for something else to come along

Actually, having spoken to Rogean, the trolling is exactly the reason things don't happen here. He feels no desire to help us here because of the trolls. Whether you agree or disagree with that position, it's a fact.

Shrubwise
11-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Rogean: if you don't develop, the trolls win.

HippoNipple
11-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Actually, having spoken to Rogean, the trolling is exactly the reason things don't happen here. He feels no desire to help us here because of the trolls. Whether you agree or disagree with that position, it's a fact.

Heartbrand that is just a weak excuse, believe it if you want. Maybe you are using the term trolls loosely and are referring to the attitude of the community. It isn't because of the few trolls on the forum site that Rogean lost interest in this server.

People on here expect Rogean to put in time for a server he doesn't play so others can enjoy it. At the same time 90% of the server are trying to grief others off the server. So we are basically bitching that Rogean doesn't promote the server and add players faster then we can chase them off.

As a creator of the server I would be disappointed in how it turned out as well. Everyone avoids pvp as much ass possible unless they out number/level/gear the opponents. People seem so scared to pvp and who knows maybe they should. It is obvious that most players here will try to do whatever they can to lose players exp through bind camping, training, etc. It isn't even about pvp on this server anymore. It is who can put up with the bullshit the longest so they can brag about it on an empty game. The PvE guild happened to stick with it through its entirety because they can occupy themselves with PvE content and don't care if the community goes through shit times.

With all that said the community has done well lately and I'm glad to see it. Who knows why it has, it obviously isn't because the community has gotten better or the developers have put in effort. I guess people just came back from other servers or games that got stale.

Cwall
11-23-2012, 01:38 PM

no one can be this stupid so i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're being sarcastic and not actually this retarded

heartbrand
11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
no one can be this stupid so i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're being sarcastic and not actually this retarded

I have spoken to Rogean in IRC and asked him hey are we going to see YT, hey can you help with this, etc. etc. While when it comes to personal things like hey this item poofed he'll help if you ask nicely and respectfully, when it comes to the server, the response is always the same from him. That trolls here ruined his desire to do shit for this server beyond the bare minimum of keeping the timeline, and that we "did it to ourselves" and that this server is basically a cesspool. These are his words. You can call me whatever names you like, post whatever jpegs you like, I don't really care, I'm simply relaying what he has said. Whether you believe his reasons / agree with them, is an entirely different discussion.

Critical
11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
id be coo if no gear and and lvl 1

mostbitter
11-23-2012, 02:40 PM
That attitude Rogean has is a huge cop out. That's like a the head of a company blaming his companies failure on the employee's instead of management. What player here has more influence than he does? What player here holds the keys to the server moving forward in a more positive direction? Rogean has this power but blames us for him not being motivated to use it. If you wait your whole life for someone to push you in the right direction you're going to starve to death. I remember the community especially on the forum was a lot worse previously than it is today. I also remember the names of those people and realize that 98% of them have moved on. The rest of the people here are the ones that just want to play. Y

Yet here we are taking the blame. Here we are being ignored and chastised for the behavior of people who aren't around. The staff seems to be on edge, bans becoming more frequent and more trivial action becomes ban worthy. More blame is placed on the community and more negative statements about how we suck and are going to be ignored until we have decided to stop sucking(even though we suck 98% less already).

I think the time has come for Rogean to take the reigns and decide what direction he wants the server to go in. Ignoring problems doesn't fix them it makes them worse. Stating that you are going to address problems publicly and then ignoring them anyway makes the community worse. Take some responsibility or revel in a cesspool, the choice is his and not ours.

Ames_
11-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Rogean if you are gunna be such a toolbag and not update or work on the server at all then can you give the server over to nilbog so he can patch all these fixes in and add some simple things like yellow text that would bring back players? I honestly feel bad for nilbog. He is really busy with RL and blue server but he still tries his best to listen to and help the red playerbase and try and make us all happy. He would like to do some things but it always comes down to that he needs rogean to patch the server and rogean cant because of "insert excuse here". Put this project in the right hands and re-write the wrongs brah.

Dullah
11-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Ya, I'm calling bullshit on that one too. If Rogean actually said he wasn't going to do things for r99 because of trolls, thats an obvious cop out. He doesn't do stuff for red because he's been collecting light sabers for the last year.

I'm sure the dude is busy and has stuff he wants to do in his down time, but he's shown absolutely none of the interest in red that he had when he promised to start the server. Either way, I still enjoy what is offered even if the server pop would, no doubt, be double what it is today with just a little attention and communication.

fiegi 2.5
11-23-2012, 05:08 PM
(cues 4 months ago)

"ungrateful trolls complaining about free things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Shrubwise
11-23-2012, 05:19 PM
(cues 4 months ago)

"ungrateful trolls complaining about free things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

edit: and all this, the day after Thanksgiving. For shame.

Tradesonred
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Thing is, Rogean is right. Alot of the vocal forum community are sociopathic scumbags who for example pick on a guy mercilessly because hes in a wheelchair for christ's sake.

Being cruel and stupid is like a badge of honor to them, as is disrupting and try to demoralize people from playing on the server.

I dont even wanna think about the amount of abuse Rogean probably had to take since he started this server. I would be somewhat pissed too if i was thinking that people would be all pleased with having a pvp server like blue and then having to deal with that amount of stupid bully hate and watching assholes trying to tear down his labor of love.

That being said, there is another part of the server community, and its them that Rogean is letting down.

I mean if he purely doesnt have the time, whatever, thats life.

But if hes punishing the whole server because the majority of holocaust were idiots, thats not right.
Like Mostbitter pointed out, theyre mostly gone from the game anyway.
And if you want them to stay gone, and make the right part of the community flourish, take away most of their opportunity for fun, the ruleset allowing them to grief people excessively.

There i talked about xp loss again.

Again i think Rogean is right, but i also think that its a cop out to use that as an excuse to abandon the server, because there is quite a big job to do on red if its going to be salvaged and not die a slow death. Im pretty sure thats not because of Cast posting pictures of some guy sucking a cock on the forums. There isnt an abandoned thread like "What do YOU want?" called the plugging code or something where Rogean asked people if they thought it was a good idea to implement a plugging code and then never posted in that thread again because Casey is making yet another thread about "******s". There wasnt a super popular thread about yellow text abandoned where even Nilbog voted because Cwall is saying nanananana i can make a troll account in 2mins. Its a huge stretch to try to put that lack of communication and abandonment on the shoulder of bad apples.
Those type of incidents create cynicism about whats said, whats dangled in front of us as a possibility and whats actually done.

Part of the problem also seems to be that dev team is like ostriches on some issues, head in the sand entrenched in their positions not making a move on flaws that were exposed for close to a year now. Pinning all the problems on the bad apples of the server is an example of that ostrich-like attitude.

The entitlement thing can also swing both ways. Since youre playing for free, were allowed to treat you like shit. I wont go into the details but people who know who i am can take the hint. If youre not willing to admit shit happened on both sides... theres truly no communication to be had.

P.S. : what Mostbitter said

2nd P.S. what hipponipple said
People on here expect Rogean to put in time for a server he doesn't play so others can enjoy it. At the same time 90% of the server are trying to grief others off the server. So we are basically bitching that Rogean doesn't promote the server and add players faster then we can chase them off.
They were trying to grief Rogean off the server as well, thats how fucked up part of the community is (or was), on that count, Sirken and Rogean are right.

s1ckness
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
lol. the server is full of blue players now anyway.. how can he still be blaming trolls that dont even play here anymore?

Cwall
11-23-2012, 11:57 PM
i would say that rogaine is just trolling the fuck out of everyone but the fact that he has tried to IP ban me like 6 times tells a different story

maybe he really can't handle the criticism - guy's got a massive ego

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Well when it comes down to it we are most likely on our own. There are two things I would like to see on this server that I believe would be a big improvement. One of which we would need Rogean for.

1) Yellow Text - A very powerful tool.
a) No more bullshit. It gets rid of trolls and no skill pvpers because they can't hide behind lies. Right now there is no proof of kills unless you take screenshots and upload them to a forum. That is stupid and most players don't do this so we end up hearing from the same 5 obnoxious players day in and day out as they kill each other and brag about their skills.
b) Helps pinpoint someone that is bind camping. Most likely someone hated enough to be bind camped has someone that can come try to help them if they see their friend is getting killed over and over while afk.
c) Makes establishing territories tougher since everyone knows where you made your last kill. Some may think this is a bad thing, I don't.
d) Restating what was already said, gives people bragging rights without being obnoxious and people know you aren't full of shit.

2) A guild needs to rise up and compete with Nihilum at their own game. Right now Full Retard is doing a good job but are they any real competition when it comes to controlling real content or are they just picking off a player here and there when they are alone.

The server needs at least 2 top guilds that compete for PvE content. I know everyone hates the term PvE but when it comes down to it that is the only way to provoke the best PvP there is. Unfortunately the ones that level up to 60 and want to start raiding in Full Retard will probably just move to Nihilum because it is easy instead of recreating that atmosphere on their own in a new guild.

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
The good news is the community doesn't need Rogean for number 2 above and I think it is actually more important than yellow text.

mostbitter
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
removal of exp penalty on pvp death would be a huge help too, and put the exp bonus that nihilum enjoyed all the way to 60 before the rest of the server (which still hasn't been able to catch up) back in the game.

Tradesonred
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I think faster leveling isnt all the solution. I would rather get a drastic cut in xp loss while you are pvping. If i ever level another character to 60, i will not give a fuck if i get there 10% faster, its still a super long hard ass grind any way you look at it.

What matters to me, is, can i have fun on the way up?

Can i take a breather at 24 and just pvp for a week?

If i cant do that, there is absolutely no way i will enjoy leveling a character again.

I would not mind a faster leveling, but to me reducing the xp loss to almost 0, if not 0, takes precedence over how fast I get to 60.

Cuz who gives a fuck how fast i can get to 60 if 52-60 people dont pvp much cuz of xp loss? Theres no incentive for me, a pvper, to try to put up with what is in practice, 2 months of bluebying it up 6 hours a day to 60 to reach a bracket where pvp is intermittent at best, because of xp loss.

Some people might not be able to articulate it like this, or dont see the implications, but im convinced letting people pvp more without the PVE hit would make the server a more lively place and make for a more fun game experience.

It is so obvious, and ive explained this so many times, that i dont know why i bother anymore

If i roll a melee class, which i never, ever played, i will need to pvp alot to figure out what works and what doesnt. Means i will die alot most likely. If you penalize me super hard each time i die while i figure out the class, im not having fun. If im not having fun, i quit playing. Im pretty sure thats how a bunch of casuals dropped off the server, after getting stomped by better geared, better organized people who know the game inside out, set on dishing out maximum grief on those new fishes. The xp loss penalty ensures that the learning curve is too steep vs the fun youre having while going up that curve.

Im not that new, but even then i still need some breathing space if im to have fun while i learn to pvp as a rogue, warrior or SK. This mechanic is even harsher on people who havent played EQ for 10 years, or casuals, which will likely be the majority of any new influx of players we will get. And even if i know the class pretty well, i still want to be able to pvp alot without worrying about big setbacks in PVE grind.

If you want to stabilize the pop, and keep the numbers growing somewhat, i think it needs to go, or at least reduced to insignificant levels where you can die a huge bunch of times and only then will u start feeling the pinch.

End game will be much better too, with people actually willing to play king of the hill over camps, like it was on Rallos.

mostbitter
11-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah you and be have been arguing against that since before the launch. The faster exp is necessary because the population does not support staying at X level to pvp, it doesn't even support leveling a new toon that isn't a "solo class".

Let me paint a picture for you. There's someone on our server who just had to reroll. He made a warrior and his guild powerleveled and twinked him. He made it to 46 and now he seems to be fucked. I've caught him soloing oggok guards for over 2 weeks, still at 46. Who the fuck is going to do that? I'll be surprised if he ever makes it to 60 at that rate.

Tradesonred
11-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah you and be have been arguing against that since before the launch. The faster exp is necessary because the population does not support staying at X level to pvp, it doesn't even support leveling a new toon that isn't a "solo class".

Let me paint a picture for you. There's someone on our server who just had to reroll. He made a warrior and his guild powerleveled and twinked him. He made it to 46 and now he seems to be fucked. I've caught him soloing oggok guards for over 2 weeks, still at 46. Who the fuck is going to do that? I'll be surprised if he ever makes it to 60 at that rate.

Well maybe speed things up until the population picks up and it is viable to group again. I did say that i was for the boost, although the "i do not think its the solution" at the beginning might have given u a different vibe lol, i should rectify it. I do think that xp loss is more important though, at least for the pop we have now, which is heavy on the end side.

I would like to have an alt to pvp, theres no way imma just sit and grind till 50 again without heavy doses of pvp even with a 60 druid sitting next to me the whole time.

Youre right though, xp should be boosted. Till we get a healthier pop and then maybe slowed down again. At the very least i think it should happen together, both the xp boost and the incentive to pvp (drastically reducing or removing xp loss)

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
removal of exp penalty on pvp death would be a huge help too, and put the exp bonus that nihilum enjoyed all the way to 60 before the rest of the server (which still hasn't been able to catch up) back in the game.

I don't think the exp bonus is a huge deal as far as attracting people or keeping others here.

The penalty for a pvp death is a tough one to solve. I understand the cons of the current system and myself have argued it needs to be changed. People do fear pvp and it promotes griefing. Anyone would be tempted to rage quit after going afk and coming back to a 100 corpses on the ground and losing several levels.

The problem with taking it out is you need to be able to control an area if you win a pvp encounter. As a pure caster it takes me a lot of mana to down someone. By the time I get all of my mana back the person could be back attacking me. They may even be in a better position depending on their class if I was not able to get back to full mana.

If they did take out exp penalties I would like something like the res debuff on every death. Make the player have to sit out for 10 minutes every time they die. It needs to sting somehow.

Etris
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm fairly new to the server so I don't have any authority on what we "need". But coming from a newbie point of view. It's extremely hard to level without being just another solo class becuase of the low population.

I vote increased exp rate. We're not here to enjoy the "leveling up experience" becuase there's NO ONE TO PLAY WITH at low levels.

You're either a solo class cruising along to join the wiz vs druid war at end game or a group class who's decked out cause you're a veteran player and still soloing.

We want end game pvp right? so give us END game pvp, not beginning / mid game fishing expeditions.

I bet my left testical majority of new players who try the server out end up leaving cause of the population limit at low levels. Allow us to join the fight at high level quicker.

Increased XP Rate for President!

....and maxed bind wound to 100% health for us melee.

SamwiseRed
11-28-2012, 04:04 PM
No joke if bind wound went to 75% melees could solo a lot better.

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm fairly new to the server so I don't have any authority on what we "need". But coming from a newbie point of view. It's extremely hard to level without being just another solo class becuase of the low population.

I vote increased exp rate. We're not here to enjoy the "leveling up experience" becuase there's NO ONE TO PLAY WITH at low levels.

You're either a solo class cruising along to join the wiz vs druid war at end game or a group class who's decked out cause you're a veteran player and still soloing.

We want end game pvp right? so give us END game pvp, not beginning / mid game fishing expeditions.

I bet my left testical majority of new players who try the server out end up leaving cause of the population limit at low levels. Allow us to join the fight at high level quicker.

Increased XP Rate for President!

....and maxed bind wound to 100% health for us melee.

If you increase the exp rate so a group dependent class can solo it breaks the game. The group class is still sitting there medding just as long between fights, but the exp they gain would need to be something stupid like 10%. If you do this the classes that can solo will be hitting 60 within a week.

Etris
11-28-2012, 04:12 PM
They're hitting 60 in a week anyways? well not literally. But they have a huge advantage already. Not sure what's broken if they hit 60 faster? Just add a /level 60 command to the game and let players pvp and fight over raid bosses.

Create race wars and stuff, I'd love that. Gnomes vs Trolls.

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
They're hitting 60 in a week anyways? well not literally. But they have a huge advantage already. Not sure what's broken if they hit 60 faster? Just add a /level 60 command to the game and let players pvp and fight over raid bosses.

Create race wars and stuff, I'd love that. Gnomes vs Trolls.

It still takes forever for any class to hit 60. At level 50 exp is classic and 50-60 seems like the longest road ever.

30-50 isn't really that easy either. It still takes forever on this server for solo classes. It is just more fun because you aren't sitting out medding as long as a group dependent class and you are able to fight significant mobs instead of light blues.

s1ckness
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Hippo dont lie

HippoNipple
11-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Hippo dont lie

I guess it all depends on your perspective, it seems like forever for me.

Also, there really aren't that many active level 60's on the server outside of nihilum are there? There is a reason for that.

Tradesonred
11-28-2012, 06:47 PM
If they did take out exp penalties I would like something like the res debuff on every death. Make the player have to sit out for 10 minutes every time they die. It needs to sting somehow.

Thats how it was on Rallos. Respawn, bars depleted. Difference is here i gotta be active at the keyboard and do some boring grind to regain that xp back. If i dont lose xp, i can take a piss, go make a sandwich, read an article... so it stings, u need time to get back on your feet, but you stay at the same point u were PVE wise.

s1ckness
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Hippo speaks truth again

mostbitter
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Raise exp for non solo classes, remove hybrid penalty. No mana 50% health after a pvp death. Box fixed

Shrubwise
11-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Box needs no fixing

mostbitter
11-28-2012, 09:41 PM
ur dumb shut up

Shrubwise
11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
No, u r.

mostbitter
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
no u

Tradesonred
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
We had a good thread here...

I can't stand it anymore. Rogue + low population PvP server = castration.

I'm rolling a necromancer and starting a newbie guild for pre 46's to stick together in.

To start off, I'm new to pvp in this game and plan on dieing pretty much in every fight.

But lets pretend I was a 100 year veteran pvp pro. Is the necromancer class "Decent" at pvp? Fear obviously doesn't stick to PC's cause that'd be overpowered. But, with MR can a skilled necromancer be a threat?

I plan on being the only female erudite on the server! (I think). My name may possibly be Pixel Bation.

This post embodies why xp loss should go, and probably why xp should be boosted till pop picks up

Rikimeru
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM

well this comment shows how retarded you are.

Bamzal Sherbet
11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
^ im not even going to bother looking up the context of that quote. it just looks like u got a raging hardon for the guy

mostbitter
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
yeah stay on topic, removing exp pen on pvp death is good for the server