PDA

View Full Version : Paladin with a couple hundred plat...

feriokun
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm looking for the consensus on cheap twink armor/weapons to get for a low level (1) Paladin. I was thinking of rocking Ghoulbane/Fine Steel but it's pretty expensive. I'm wondering if there is any lower priced weapons and armor that would be good. I'm hoping the armor would at least be better than Bronze, but not necessarily Fine Steel. For weapons I am looking for a good 1 hander and Shield combo.

Any suggestions for a 500pp budget?

Urbanzkopf
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Ghoulbane is the way to go for 1h, but unlikely you will find that for even 500, most are 600-1k (some people really over price this). Some good armour is a couple of pieces of crested, spaulders/helm, mistmoore shield you could pick up for a 100plats, or go for a mithril bp, roughly 400p but if you meet the right person selling they may go lower for you since you are fairly new. 1 tip, get ghoulbane for level 20 then go unrest! Amazing exp!

diplo
11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
shoot me a pm across servers. i enjoy helping true new emu players. i can hook you up with a few k.

feriokun
11-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Ghoulbane is the way to go for 1h, but unlikely you will find that for even 500, most are 600-1k (some people really over price this). Some good armour is a couple of pieces of crested, spaulders/helm, mistmoore shield you could pick up for a 100plats, or go for a mithril bp, roughly 400p but if you meet the right person selling they may go lower for you since you are fairly new. 1 tip, get ghoulbane for level 20 then go unrest! Amazing exp!

Thanks for the tip! Would you suggest saving up entirely for Ghoulbane first? (I'm hunting on wisp Island with my level 12 mage, but really want to be a Paladin overall) Or go for armor before the weapon?

feriokun
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
shoot me a pm across servers. i enjoy helping true new emu players. i can hook you up with a few k.

Will do!

Twilight-Sparkle
11-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Sword of Skyfire is a nice cheap 1h pally sword. It has a 10/22 ratio with +10 CHA and +15 CR, and it's only like 100-200pp. You'll want to ditch it before lv45 (when it starts to proc), but by then you should have SoulFire or Fiery Avenger (my bad, Fiery Avenger is lv46 minimum to zone into PoSky).

You MIGHT be able to find someone willing to sell you a Ghoulbane for 500, but you'll have to look around. It's a damn good weapon for Pallies since it gives them practically free reign at undead-ridden areas like Befallen and Unrest.

feriokun
11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Sword of Skyfire is a nice cheap 1h pally sword. It has a 10/22 ratio with +10 CHA and +15 CR, and it's only like 100-200pp. You'll want to ditch it before lv45 (when it starts to proc), but by then you should have SoulFire or Fiery Avenger (my bad, Fiery Avenger is lv46 minimum to zone into PoSky).

You MIGHT be able to find someone willing to sell you a Ghoulbane for 500, but you'll have to look around. It's a damn good weapon for Pallies since it gives them practically free reign at undead-ridden areas like Befallen and Unrest.

Thanks for the info! So the general consensus is that Ghoulbane owns armor?

Twilight-Sparkle
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info! So the general consensus is that Ghoulbane owns armor?

Any weapon owns armor. Weapon should always be your priority. How are you going to kill efficiently without it?

Danth
11-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Don't buy a ghoulbane unless you want to do the epic or don't plan to level past about 40/45 or so. If you want a good 1H you can buy a sword of the morning for almost the same price and can use it as a tanking weapon all the way to 60.

For pure cost effectiveness though you want a 2H. You can buy a 30/40 baton of faith for a couple hundred PP and use it well into the 50's.

Danth

Zehv9
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Hello!

Just wanted to post a message in here to all you people being so helpful towards new paladins on the server.

i'm currently 24 on my Paladin here, and I am definitely interested in picking up a baton of faith. I currently have a Blade of Xalgoz that was given to me, but I have the plat to spend on a Baton now. It's a much better weapon.

So yeah, WTB. If anyone has any good paladin armor they could sell cheap, hit me up.

In game name is Zefiryn.

feriokun
11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Don't buy a ghoulbane unless you want to do the epic or don't plan to level past about 40/45 or so. If you want a good 1H you can buy a sword of the morning for almost the same price and can use it as a tanking weapon all the way to 60.

For pure cost effectiveness though you want a 2H. You can buy a 30/40 baton of faith for a couple hundred PP and use it well into the 50's.

Danth

Thanks Danth! I'll definitely start saving for the Sword of Morning. About how much is it worth do you think?

Zehv9
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I recently picked up a Baton of Faith. It's doin some good work, highly recommend it for the 2H route. Only cost me 100pp.

Lorraine
11-20-2012, 05:16 PM
BUY
THE
FREAKING
GHOULBANE.

(Or camp it. Or steal it. Or beg for it. Which ever the heck works.)

Then you're invited to Unrest. It's where we hold our conventions (Clerics too). Once you've outgrown Unrest, you move to Lower Guk. It's where we hold our annual jousting parties.

Sword of the Morning doesn't start proc'ing till 51. You got some ground to cover until then.