PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year Anniversary Event!!!

InfamousTaco
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Greetings Pals/Friends/GM's/Trolls!

As you all know, 11/18 is the ONE year anniversary of our beloved Red server.

And Personally, I think it's a huge wasted oppurtunity to not host a PvP Event on SUNDAY 11/18 (I mean, it's even a Sunday!)

The event in Crushbone was very succesful and fun as we all know. Why not host something similar? Tweak the rules a bit, hand out a few classic items that no longer drop, maybe throw out a title or two!? You got yourself a super fun event.

Let's do something constructive for once here on the forums and bring attention to the idea, toss out some suggestion and prepare for teh battle :D

Thanks to the GM's.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
i would like to see a war event with 2 sides evenly built so we can have a braveheart moment.

bigeasy
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
considering all the hate that was bared on this server for months by rejects and losers,, it is refreshing and satisfying to see it still going strong 1 year after release with population averaging more than 100 the last week on a nightly basis.,,

InfamousTaco
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Dang, that would be intense. Sort of impractical maybe? I liked the smaller groups (and separated guilds) of the crushbone event.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
true.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. but would be nice to have an event that switch things up a bit. i am certain a few nillys wouldnt mind having the opportunity to beat some of their own's asses. could make two temporary guilds but i can see that bring a problem for the guild leaders because they would have to transfer leadership and such. I mean it wouldn't be too difficult but people are lazy as fuck.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
there can be some seriously badass events with pvp enabled but they would take a little planning from the staff and guild leaders to make it happen. i guess we could do a player one but itll have to be smaller/simpler.

what about a 5 man team based tourney in arena. have guilds make a pact to not interfere. we can post people at ent to arena to keep event crashers out. get people to get their 5 man team together and register for tourney. doesnt have to be in same guild. well make a bracket. will enforce botb rules and such. would be fun to watch.

Rupaul
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
considering all the hate that was bared on this server for months by rejects and losers,, it is refreshing and satisfying to see it still going strong 1 year after release with population averaging more than 100 the last week on a nightly basis.,,

u,,,,..r,,,,a..,,moran,,..,,...,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

InfamousTaco
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
what about a 5 man team based tourney in arena. have guilds make a pact to not interfere. we can post people at ent to arena to keep event crashers out. get people to get their 5 man team together and register for tourney. doesnt have to be in same guild. well make a bracket. will enforce botb rules and such. would be fun to watch.

This right here has some serious potential. I like the idea of the groups being randomized though. Else we would have six VP Geared Nihilum fighting six low 50's brethren etc. Randomize the teams and this would work beautifully. BoTb rules would be great. Bracket would be cool.

Really wouldn't be able to force 12 people to fight on that small platform though...would have to allow pvp through the whole arena.

Lowlife
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Thrive Alive 2012.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
ya actually that could work, have people throw their names down if interested. a few people will break down everyone and try to build even teams. the only problem i can see is that 5 man teams usually have a strategy/plan. if we make teams random they would have to know a few days in advance to work out a game plan. too bad there arent other vp geared 60s so this wouldnt be so unbalanced.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
i was thinking about it and tbh people would just have to deal with the vp gear. cant punish them for spending so much time on an emu. casuals usually get raped in these but itll still be fun and who knows, skill could overcome the gear under certain conditions.

to make it simple to set up. how about each guild have a 5 man team. ofc nilly will be favored but you never know. 5 men from brethren, nilly, ck, plug, flowers, any other guild who has at least 5 people in range of lvl 60.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 05:24 PM
if Sirken could shut the door and help with event that would be great. also to the guild leaders of all these guilds, would you be interested in having a 5 man team to represent your guild in the event?

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 05:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RcAiV.jpg

i would like to see something like this. ck, plug, and nilly can easily field 2 teams. i think this would be the best way to set up the bracket. in the event nilly steamrolls this tourney the 2 nilly teams will end up facing each other in the final round. what you guys think? also i know there is Danger zone but ive never seen more than a few one. if they can field a 5 man team obviously i would take one of the other teams out. i think any more than 8 teams would be insane. this mite even be too much.

edit: this also keeps the 2 teams from the same guild from battle each other unless they make it to the final round. if DZ can field a team it would even everything out so that we can reduce it to only one team per guild making it 6 teams in the initial round instead of 8. only problem is one team would get a bi round (w/e its called where they dont have to do anything in order to advance)

InfamousTaco
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RcAiV.jpg

This is good work sam. Good work indeed.With this sort of organization we COULD run this ourselves if it came down to it. Still hoping on some GM intervention though.

Nirgon
11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Think I'll pour out a liquor for the lost memories of classic EQ PvP.

Maybe drink a bunch too and whirl till u hurl myself till I call Earl.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
if we cant get teams together what we can do is a singles competition. keep those brackets the same but instead of a 5 man team its one person. this could be just as interesting because gear wont be as big advantage because there are gonna be some bad class matchups.

Tumdumm
11-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Q:
why does plug have 2 teams yet 1 pvp'er?

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 07:06 PM
just basing it off the numbers ive seen. teams need 5 men who are in range of 60. if flowers can throw out 2 teams shit can be adjusted. i kinda guesstimated how many from each guild would throw down.

besides if plug 2 is a no show that mean u win first round :)

Sickpuppy
11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
everyone should make level 1 toons and meet in freeport noob area and we have a HUGE battle

Salem Orchid
11-16-2012, 12:03 AM
I will be there in freeport, level 2 I guess because level 1 is off limits to pvp.

Salem Orchid
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
also A+ samwise, can count me in and if it comes down to a player ran player event I'll talk to other flowers bout' it.

Sickpuppy
11-16-2012, 12:08 AM
ima make a level 4 mage and rape you all muwahaha!

Sickpuppy
11-16-2012, 12:09 AM
level 4 mage with rusty 2h

Kevynne
11-16-2012, 12:19 AM
This is good work sam. Good work indeed.With this sort of organization we COULD run this ourselves if it came down to it. Still hoping on some GM intervention though.

i love this idea, but you know nilly will bat phone in 324976 people. shjould have a lock on teams imo