PDA

View Full Version : Necro Spell Research Auto-Calculator Spreadsheet

talian21
11-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi all, I'll keep it short.

I modified a spreadsheet that I found on the Internet for Project 1999's server, to auto-calculate which, and how many spells your words can make. It's very simple to use; just fill in the 2 Inventory columns with what words you have, and everything else auto-calculates. I have also included a page of NON-necro words, on a second sheet, b/c of the confusion these nearly identical words cause, for your convenience. Hope it's as handy for you, as it is for me. Feel free to sticky if ppl find this useful.

-Silisk, ikky necro

PS: Please post *here* any errors I have made, and I will fix it, thanks.

talian21
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi guys n gals,
I've made a couple of updates to the research spreadsheet; I've color-coded the "Research Only" spells, to make them easy to tell at a glance, and I've added a page/sheet that simply shows what words make what spells, in alphabetical order. That way, you find a word, you can just glance at it, and see what spells it's used for, and more importantly, if that word is used for higher level spells, so you don't waste it on a lower level one. Just a couple things to make it faster to use, while playing.

If you find any errors, particularly in recipe calculation, pls let me know in this thread, thanks.

-Silisk, ikky necro

talian21
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Added a Research Only tag (RO) to the third page to not have to swap pages, to make faster to use. I think it's done until Velious, enjoy.

-Silisk, ikky necro

Growlers
11-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks man!

talian21
11-12-2012, 06:16 AM
To those that have downloaded 1.2 I have been pointed to a couple of errors (thanks Prometheus!).

Word of Shadow is research, but NOT research only, which it indicated incorrectly.
Also, Words of Refuge, on page 3 listed Harmshield as not Research only, which it is, so added (RO) to it.
Also, removed from page 3 "Words of Resolution" listed as making Feign Death, BAD wiki, no cookie!

To those who don't wish to re-import their data, you can simply make the changes above, and you're set. Or do nothing, recipes so far no errors found.

Or you can download 1.3, of course. Sorry for error, please let me know if anyone finds another. Post or /tell me in game, thanks.

-Silisk, ikky necro

talian21
04-02-2013, 02:19 AM
bump

Rezek
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
This is very helpful! Thank you!

alaiwy0503
04-22-2013, 02:43 PM
this is really cool

Rezek
04-22-2013, 03:22 PM
This is not working for me. I filled in all the words correctly but it does not calculate what I can make. I double checked if I had the words to make the spell.
Using Excel pro 2010

alaiwy0503
04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
yeah, i thought it worked for me but turns out it didn't work either. same thing happened. no calculations.

talian21
05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I made it with OpenOffice, that might be why, assuming you're doing it correctly.