PDA

View Full Version : Just a simple question about guilds and raids.

Ethanblack
06-01-2010, 02:39 AM
This is a quick and simple question, regarding guilds and camping raid mobs.

I noticed there's a lot of threads about people camping raid mobs with full 15 man raid teams, all the time.

If I understand it right, a raid must consist of 15 people in order to qualify, and that the first 15 person group there is the one that gets the kill and therefore the loot.

My question is, that if, for instance, a guild camps there 24/7, with a full 15 people, is there a rule preventing them from being the 'default' because they are always there?

I'm someone who barely ever joins guilds, and often join small social guilds much later on, and shy away from huge uberguilds, Am I going to find myself perpetually unable to raid, or is there plenty of room for mixed guild raids to come in and do a raid?

To put it another way..

lets say Inglorious Basterds are camping Cazic Thule.
They just killed him.
A mixed guild raid enters the zone and starts waiting.
Time goes by, Cazic Thule repops.
Both guilds have 15 people, Inglorious Basterds have been there first technically, but they got the last kill and haven't moved.

My head tells me that it would be 'right' to let the new raid group have a go, and take it in turns, so to speak, but if there is nothing enforcing this, it's hard to know.

Thanks for the answer in future.
I'm far from raiding, but I just wanted to know in advance.

(Also, Not insinuating anything to the Inglorious Basterds guild at all, I don't know any of you, but I know you raid lots. :3)

Ebick

Edit: I read the sticky, but it seems kind of hazy. I don't know when/who is meant to call this '30 min call'... clarification would be lovely. Thanks! :D

Bumamgar
06-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Right now there are like 6 raid targets in the game and several raid guilds fighting over them. As such, all raid mobs are pretty much perma-camped by these guilds, with all the drama that entails. There is no room for pickup raids etc right now.

Once Kunark opens, at the very least Vox and Naggy will start opening up to pickup raids, due to the level 52 cap on those mobs. Planar targets will likely stay perma-camped due to their epic drops, but at least there will be more targets to go around.

Pickup planar raids probably won't become common on this server till Velious is available.

As for who has rights to a mob when multiple groups are sitting in zone camping the spawn for days in a row? That's one of those 'up for debate' topics that is causing drama right now.

Mleh
06-01-2010, 06:26 AM
To more clarify what I think he wanted to know, Its more of tracking these raid targets. 15 people will not stay in a zone for 9 days while CT respawns, because that is incomprehendable nerd rage. A target will die and at the minimum respawn time a guild will place trackers in zone and towards end of window try to get people in to wait for kill.

So in your theory, a dedicated group of 15 would have just as much of a chance per they were dedicated before a bosses window openned.

Ethanblack
06-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Hmm, It's really hazy i guess.

Here's hoping that the release of Kunark and later vellious will make more room for pickup raids. (I'll be rerolling at Kunark to make my Iksar, heh)

For now I suppose I should hope that some of the larger guilds out there wouldn't mind taking a couple of people along on occasion. :D

Omnimorph
06-01-2010, 06:55 AM
For now I suppose I should hope that some of the larger guilds out there wouldn't mind taking a couple of people along on occasion. :D

:confused: Have you read the rants and flames subforum? These people would stab you in the face with a fork before letting you get near their raid mob.

Alleusion
06-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a spork? I distinctly heard rumors of spork stabbings.....

That being said, until Kunark and Velious open, vanilla raid mobs will be pretty tightly controlled and contested. If you get in on one, good for you.

Excision Rottun
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a spork? I distinctly heard rumors of spork stabbings.....

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/pmunny_bucket/notaknife.jpg

Ethanblack
06-01-2010, 07:53 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/pmunny_bucket/notaknife.jpg

Win.

However, I still old out hope. There's gotta be a nice person leading a raid out there somewhere.

eqdruid76
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Win.

However, I still old out hope. There's gotta be a nice person leading a raid out there somewhere.

There isn't. It's just not in thier character.

Yiknik
06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Not all raiders are evil noob haters that want to keep you out of content. For some people the competition is the fun part of the game. I'm all about fairness and niceness regarding camps and non-raid spawns, but mobilizing 30 or so people to one objective in under 5 minutes is exciting. The top guilds have a totally different game in front of them, but don't worry they seem to burn out like Kurt Cobain over time. DKPs for all!

Uaellaen
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM

Talk about your self here ... Remedy is nice and will always be nice

Zordana
06-09-2010, 11:58 AM

not everyone is like you..