PDA

View Full Version : Is my Ench too low/undergeared for north OT?

TheFishyOne
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Due to massive overcamping and the apparent extinction of deepwater caimans @ oasis, I took the boat to OT at the recommendation of guildies.

My Gnome Ench is 21, and self buffed he has 164 CHA,408 HP, and 319 AC. He is experiencing frequent charm breaks, and if Root is resisted more than2-3 times, which is not uncommon, he gets pummeled. Is my Ench just too low for OT, should he invest in better gear, or am I just really unlucky?

If you need a detailed description of my gear, just ask, and I will provide one. Many thanks in advance.

Wolfgang
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
21 should be in unest like a boss or mm, solo chanter is boring chanter

goshozal
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I did Lake of Ill Omen from 20-24. If you draw a straight line from the windmill to the lake, there's a "corner" on the lake that you can camp at where few mobs come. As the stuff near the lake goes light blue, head towards the windmill for more dark blue mobs. Avoid the goblin shaman mobs, everything else is cake. There's also an iksar guard that wanders around but doesn't seem to have a very wide aggro radius.

You can also small group or even solo some of the weaker giants in warslik's woods at the fort. I did that starting at 24 though.

Unrest and uguk would be good dungeon choices at that level.

TheFishyOne
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Wolfgang, I agree. I love chanting in groups. Solo, I can barely stand it for the reasons implied in the op.

goshpzal, I've tried the giant fort in groups, and it's good xp. I'm a bit ary of LoIO, as when I went to the area you're describing on my Iksar monk for his shackle of rock quest, the place was CRAWLING with Shamen.

In either event, I remember Unrest being pretty fun with a full group on live, so I'll see if I can find a group there. Thank you both for the feedback.

Phinger
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Your stats are fine for low level enchanting. I had 135ish cha until almost 40. The best thing you can do to avoid charm breaks is fight low level dark blue mobs. That's the key. Charm solo exp will blow any group exp out of the water...if you prefer to group for the social aspect or another reason, by all means group. If you want to level quickly, solo or find a healer/necro and duo.